Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Broughton is close enough to a commit that I finally watched his clips.  He is not going to be a DT.  But he’s a good fit for our defense.  First he needs a bunch of Yancey McKnight in the legs and a nutrition program.   

Edited by ClubWhatever

VB was supposed to commit to Texas tonight. Now he’s postponed it till tomorrow. Or next week. Or next month. Now he may be leaning back to A&M. Wait, that might be a smokescreen to build suspense. Or his pending commitment to Texas was a smokescreen because he was choosing A&M all along. Or it’s still Texas. Either way, it will be a blow by blow back and forth battle of highs and lows and backroom sources. 

That will be 9.95

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

VB was supposed to commit to Texas tonight. Now he’s postponed it till tomorrow. Or next week. Or next month. Now he may be leaning back to A&M. Wait, that might be a smokescreen to build suspense. Or his pending commitment to Texas was a smokescreen because he was choosing A&M all along. Or it’s still Texas. Either way, it will be a blow by blow back and forth battle of highs and lows and backroom sources. 

That will be 9.95

Found Perroni's surly handle

• Like 1

That will be 9.95
Yawn. Another prima recruit. Calm down. Its july. Let the kids have fun with this game.

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:
16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:
That will be 9.95

Yawn. Another prima recruit. Calm down. Its july. Let the kids have fun with this game.

I wouldn't say he's a prima donna but just maybe, Karen delivered.  

9 hours ago, JNip said:

Reminds me of the McCoy situation, still waiting on lawyers to drop the eligibility request, taking long bc waiting on precedents. We were like lalallalalalalalallalalalalalalalallalalala 😗😙😗😗😙😗😙 and then boom 💥 Transfer to USC 🥺. 

suspicious futurama GIF

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Petit dejeuner was traumatic, sir. I have 4 kids that become their own fucking show when they feel like it, and that was what we treated the restaurant to this morning. Les moches Americains to be sure. 

You took four kids to Paris? Holy shit I can’t imagine. Just taking my two to the pool is a shit show. 

45 minutes ago, EE2B said:

You took four kids to Paris? Holy shit I can’t imagine. Just taking my two to the pool is a shit show. 

We travel a lot. Sometimes they decide to lose their shit and embarrass us in ways unrivaled outside of rolling around Vegas with SydneyCarton. Most of the time it’s fun, though.

Anyway, sitting in the literal shadow of Notre Dame right now. It’s fenced off and under major security protection. My shot to do harm will rely on much shit my kids can break in the general vicinity in the next 30 minutes. 

I really like Ethan Pouncey, although this is a pure highlights thing, with no accurate measurables or anything else to supplement. I'm curious why he was farther down the list. He doesn't look particularly short, but he's really thin. The speed and acceleration looks great. He also appears to just be good at football, although that's with the it's-just-highlights-not-tape caveat. Fine potential replacement for Rogers, who I was starting to warm on with his recent testing results and solid Opening/Rivals performance. 

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

We travel a lot. Sometimes they decide to lose their shit and embarrass us in ways unrivaled outside of rolling around Vegas with SydneyCarton. Most of the time it’s fun, though.

Anyway, sitting in the literal shadow of Notre Dame right now. It’s fenced off and under major security protection. My shot to do harm will rely on much shit my kids can break in the general vicinity in the next 30 minutes. 

I have 4 too. What’s your age range?

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They need more cheap cereal, IMO.

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I have 4 too. What’s your age range?

I have 5, but one is 25 next week. High school graduation present who is awesome but she is not with us, and then 9, 7, 5, and almost 4. They feed off of each other and we encourage them to be pretty wild and aggressive, so it backfires and sometimes I get punished in ways this board can’t. 

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

I really like Ethan Pouncey, although this is a pure highlights thing, with no accurate measurables or anything else to supplement. I'm curious why he was farther down the list. He doesn't look particularly short, but he's really thin. The speed and acceleration looks great. He also appears to just be good at football, although that's with the it's-just-highlights-not-tape caveat. Fine potential replacement for Rogers, who I was starting to warm on with his recent testing results and solid Opening/Rivals performance. 

Part of the Pouncey recruitment is his brother. Can they keep him? That obviously plays a role in the way they rank the brother. The confidence hasn’t been high enough to make him a priority. I guess now we’re going to see Jordan getting key reps.