Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

4 years ago I took my nephew to SMU on a campus tour. The talent was very impressive.

We went to Baylor on the same trip -- against my advice -- and the talent gap was shocking. Baylor girls look like the walking dead. In fact, maybe they are.  

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

4 years ago I took my nephew to SMU on a campus tour. The talent was very impressive.

We went to Baylor on the same trip -- against my advice -- and the talent gap was shocking. Baylor girls look like the walking dead. In fact, maybe they are.  

Yeah SMU girls are talented. Lot of PR and finserv admins up here are Pony grads and they're uniformly attractive. 

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Yeah SMU girls are talented. Lot of PR and finserv admins up here are Pony grads and they're uniformly attractive. 

This needs its own thread, IMO.  Not being topic police, this subject just needs more attention.   (I know.  Username checks out)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Not strictly 2020-related, but apparently we're kicking the tires on LSU DB Kelvin Joseph, who's in the portal.

Interesting.  I'm all for adding talented players to fill out the roster, assuming assimilation to the culture is probable.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Early indications are that he isn't a culture fit.

Ya, I would have thought he was all but moved in at aggy already, actually:  Safety playing corner -- check. History of quitting, no not quitting, wait, yes, quitting -- check. Contradicting himself in the press on a regular basis -- check.  Sure sounds like an aggy to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

So is Broughton announcing tomorrow or was that a false alarm?

Slow ass day.

I think I have all of this right, but I may have missed something the last few days:

On Monday at some point, VB said he was announcing later so he could enjoy his birthday (which was Monday). On Tuesday, some 9.95 dude from somewhere said he heard from sources he was announcing Thursday (aggy rejoices because, you know, Jimbo).

Later that same day, someone with sources said VB was "slowing it down". Those sources say VB and family are maybe waiting a few weeks since everything has been "overwhelming" (aggy now has a full stiffy because, you know, they have Jimbo).

Last, someone somewhere said this could just be a tactic to keep everyone guessing and he could announce at any time.

In summary, no one knows for sure when he announces. As of today, most CB's are still Texas but we shall see.

5 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

I think I have all of this right, but I may have missed something the last few days:

On Monday at some point, VB said he was announcing later so he could enjoy his birthday (which was Monday). On Tuesday, some 9.95 dude from somewhere said he heard from sources he was announcing Thursday (aggy rejoices because, you know, Jimbo).

Later that same day, someone with sources said VB was "slowing it down". Those sources say VB and family are maybe waiting a few weeks since everything has been "overwhelming" (aggy now has a full stiffy because, you know, they have Jimbo).

Last, someone somewhere said this could just be a tactic to keep everyone guessing and he could announce at any time. In summary, no one knows for sure when he announces.  As of today, most CB's are still Texas but we shall see.

Only the bold was necessary.

38 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

I think I have all of this right, but I may have missed something the last few days:

Last, someone somewhere said this could just be a tactic to keep everyone guessing and he could announce at any time.

In summary, no one knows for sure when he announces. As of today, most CB's are still Texas but we shall see.

Bottom line, we should all be on bamboozle watch 

• Like 1