Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

4 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Last night I was reading some stupid post about car mechanics and they debunk some common car myths or something. I’m an ex mechanic so I like to read and laugh at dumb Facebook stuff. Anyway.

She was looking over my shoulder and saw something that says “the E on the fuel gauge doesn’t mean what you think it means. “

Her- what does E mean then?

me - I don’t know what they are saying I didn’t read it. What do you think it stands for?

her - “E”nough fuel to go 30 miles?

she started laughing when I looked at her with a wtf look and knew how dumb she sounded but still. She was dead seious for a few seconds. 

Oh my god this is amazing.  

Channel surfing and the new teenage mutant Ninja turtle movie comes on. 

It's got Megan fox, prominent muscle car product placement, wild ass space alien shit, shitty overly done cgi, etc... So I comment "this feels just like another shitty Michael bay movie, like transformers"

"No way, I like transformers, they're good, I've seen all of them"

And THAT was probably the dumbest thing I'll have heard in months.

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

It's got Megan fox, prominent muscle car product placement, wild ass space alien shit, shitty overly done cgi, etc... So I comment "this feels just like another shitty Michael bay movie, like transformers"

Does she LOOK like Mrgan Fox?  You know, without the weird thumbs.  If so, you're ok.

I have at lot to contribute to this thread. Unfortunately, he is not my wife ( obviously). I promise I will not turn try to turn this into a man hating thread. However, I humbly submit these reasons why I should be allowed to post on this thread . 

#1  He owns more shoes than I do ( I own a lot of shoes)

# 2  He doesn't watch football (I am a rabid Packers/ Badgers fan)

#3 And most importantly HE'S an AGGIE

What say you Shag I mean Surlyhorns?  That must be enough evidence for a special deference ?  I literally have gold for stupid things. And he must count as a woman right? He matches all of the criteria?  I promise I won't let you down

My first submission is he thought both sides of the sink go to the garbage disposal. Had no clue that there was a difference.

12 minutes ago, Penelope said:

I have at lot to contribute to this thread. Unfortunately, he is not my wife ( obviously). I promise I will not turn try to turn this into a man hating thread. However, I humbly submit these reasons why I should be allowed to post on this thread . 

What say you Shag I mean Surlyhorns?  That must be enough evidence for a special deference ?  I literally have gold for stupid things. And he must count as a woman right? He matches all of the criteria?  I promise I won't let you down

My first submission is he thought both sides of the sink go to the garbage disposal. Had no clue that there was a difference.

If it was someone from here, I would've said that he's just pretending not to know anything about the kitchen so he can stay out of it.

19 hours ago, Modessit said:

Yesterday:

Wife: Can you go in late tomorrow? My boss wants me to sit in on an interview for a new special ed teacher at 11.

Me: Ok, but that means I'll have to work late. I'll bring the kids to you at noon then go to work.

Wife: That's fine.

Today:

I set my alarm for 10am so I can sleep in a bit since I'm going to be working late. I get up at 10 and see the wife isn't getting dressed. I ask her why she wasn't getting ready.

Wife: I decided not to go.

Me: Why not?

Wife: It's raining.

Me: You didn't think to tell me so I could go into work earlier?

So I had to work late for no reason.

That would be the last time that shit happened.

You had to set an alarm for 10am?
I'm a night owl and often only get to do what I want after the kids are asleep. I sometimes don't go to sleep until 2am even if I have to be up at 7. Since I didn't have to get up to be with the kids that morning, I'd planned to sleep until I had to get up to watch them while my wife left, then take them to her so I could go to work.

2 hours ago, Penelope said:

So...pegging?

On 6/21/2018 at 12:31 AM, Modessit said:

Yesterday:

Wife: Can you go in late tomorrow? My boss wants me to sit in on an interview for a new special ed teacher at 11.

Me: Ok, but that means I'll have to work late. I'll bring the kids to you at noon then go to work.

Wife: That's fine.

Today:

I set my alarm for 10am so I can sleep in a bit since I'm going to be working late. I get up at 10 and see the wife isn't getting dressed. I ask her why she wasn't getting ready.

Me: You didn't think to tell me so I could go into work earlier?

So I had to work late for no reason.

The correct answer is morning BJ. Or pooper. Or both.

14 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I have a blood vendetta against Michael Bay for singlehandedly ruining the cool stuff of my youth.

On 6/21/2018 at 12:31 AM, Modessit said:

Wife: My boss wants me to sit in on an interview for a new special ed teacher at 11.

I feel like this part of the stupid shit is being completely ignored. Boss asks her to be in a meeting and she just decides at the last minute not to go because it’s raining? 

On 6/19/2018 at 4:07 PM, 52-80 said:

"How do I write that the service was good from most of the staff, but slower from others?"

"Word for word as you just told me"

"No, but how I *write* it????"

Ching chang chong, motherfucker.

12 hours ago, Penelope said:

You married an Aggie. You made your choice. 

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

This. How the fuck can you get away with blowing off a request from your manager because it's fucking raining.

what if shes one of them hydro-phobic aliens from the m night shimalimadingdong movies

• Like 1

Or her boss is a woman and also didn't go because it was raining.

Lol. Actually her principal IS a woman. Apparently it wasn't required for her to attend and she wasn't asked until the day before and her boss told her "I understand if you can't make it on short notice since you'd need to find someone to watch the kids." So of course my wife decided she didn't want to drive in the rain. The fact that she stayed up until 3:30a watching a movie on the tablet and was too tired to get up had nothing to do with it. Allegedly.

• Like 1

small rant...freaking Wives when they ask you to do something when you just left a certain area of the house.

*comes down from up stairs*

Can you bring another roll of paper towels?

*sits down on couch*

Can you refill my drink?

*exits master bathroom, lays in bed*

can you shut the door a little more?

im giving her a pass because she probably has leftover pregnancy brain and is also breastfeeding in the process...but ive begun to express my annoyance verbally and shes toning my ass

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

Not quoting any dialogue here but my wife and her sister were trying to plan an excursion while the 4 of us are in Mexico next week.  

After listening to 45 minutes of indecision and talking in circles I had had enough.  I asked for the phone and requested that my brother in law take the phone.  We had the excursion planned and booked in 7 minutes.  Back to watching CWS.  

small rant...freaking Wives when they ask you to do something when you just left a certain area of the house.

*comes down from up stairs*

Can you bring another roll of paper towels?

*sits down on couch*
Can you refill my drink?

*exits master bathroom, lays in bed*

can you shut the door a little more?

im giving her a pass because she probably has leftover pregnancy brain and is also breastfeeding in the process...but ive begun to express my annoyance verbally and shes toning my ass

You need to go to school at the Steel Shank academy?

Wife says she is going to pick up some ice cream.  Can you get chocolate for me I say?
She comes back with Chocolate with Peanut Butter.   I thought you'd like this, she says.  She admits they had chocolate but she got the chocolate with Peanut butter instead.
Am I wrong to say "wtf"?

That's because she wanted to try the chocolate with peanut butter, but had already made her other choice. So - she got it for you so that she could "just have a taste". If you don't like it, then she gets to put it in the freezer for tomorrow.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Modessit said:

That's because she wanted to try the chocolate with peanut butter, but had already made her other choice. So - she got it for you so that she could "just have a taste". If you don't like it, then she gets to put it in the freezer for tomorrow.

This man knows how to think like a woman.  

Edited by PhillyD

Wife says she is going to pick up some ice cream.  Can you get chocolate for me I say?
She comes back with Chocolate with Peanut Butter.   I thought you'd like this, she says.  She admits they had chocolate but she got the chocolate with Peanut butter instead.
Am I wrong to say "wtf"?

I would say WTF but I also I have one foot in the divorce door. So learn from me?