AP Top 25

TrashMaster G

SECx3 = 6  Barn and gata are probably 11-20 range  aggy still ranked is a fucking joke  1/2 of their conference is complete garbage

B1G = 6  tOSU is probably top 4 right now and wisky looks like top 10   UM probably still overrated at 20  

PAC = 5  Cal might be the best team in the conference, they should not have 5 in the top 25

B12= 3  fuck OU.  OSU should be at 20 instead of UM.  Overall conference is better than ACC and PAC

ACC= 2  Its a 1 team conference that utilizes the same scheduling advantage as SECx3.  Worst conference yet again  

G5 = 2  Meh

Dome.  UGA is overrated, surprise.  Dome benefits from that by staying inside the top 10.  5 guaranteed losses ahead of them minimum, they probably drop another game.  

This year looks like there's more parity at the top (15ish teams), so naturally the spinners are working overtime to position 2 SECx3 into the playoffs

26 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Only if they plan on taking a second SEC team with 2 losses. 

Aub has LSU, UGA and Bama, plus SEC CCG

Bama has LSU, AUB and CCG

UGA has AUB and CCG

LSU has AUB, Bama, and CCG

The chances of the #2 team in SEC  only having one loss this year is going to very rare. 

Not really.  LSU beats Bama and plays in CCG.  Winner of that game goes along with Bama.  We have seen this episode before, and there are several permutations that work here, maybe 5 of 6 different scenarios.  Meanwhile for every other conference there is just about 1 possible outcome.

SEC slant is ruining college football, one loss all but eliminates 99% of teams from contention.  SEC can take 2 on the chin and still be in the hunt.  

• Like 2

Don't have a problem with most of the top ten, but how in the blue fuck does someone rationalize voting Florida over ND, Texas, Oregon, etc.?

Utah's loss to SC was no fluke. I know their RB got hurt but SC was playing its third string QB most of the game. I don't think you have to take Utah out of the poll completely, but SC should be above them. They're both fringe top 25 teams.

Michigan should have been removed from the poll entirely. They didn't give Wisconsin much more of a game than South Florida or Central Michigan.

As for the B12, Iowa State should be ranked. OSU feels right in the also receiving votes category. They'll be dangerous at the end of the year if Sanders is able to learn on the job. I'd slot Texas at 9 behind Wisconsin.

2 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Mich should be gone. ND should be 13 or so. People are going to tout them for the playoffs when they end up 11-1 against a crap schedule with one tough game. No.

Told an Irish fan coworker that their loss to Clem doomed them going forward. We'll see. They may very well be pretty salty this year but I think the CFP has been burned enough by the pyrite.

This will always be a political, rigged “playoff” - if you can even use that term, until the rules actually incorporate the P5 conference champions-all, a G5 and 2 non conference champion highly ranked selections. At the very least each P5 conference champ needs to be there, otherwise it’s a bogus subjective ice skating / dance / diving competition . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

They're pre-factoring a win over pig, and a 3-2 aggy with losses to top 10 teams has to be ranked for Bama's narrative.

This is the most likely reason. Need to feed Alabama ranked teams even if the teams are unworthy of being a paper tiger.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If anything they're underranked. They've flamethrowered everyone they've played, and USF and Michigan at least have talented players.

Lol stop. They’ve played no one. USF fucking sucks and Michigan isn’t good either. Wisconsin will get killed by tOSU. 

Edit: not saying they’re way overrated, but they’re definitely not underranked.

Edited by Burt Macklin

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol stop. They’ve played no one. USF fucking sucks and Michigan isn’t good either. Wisconsin will get killed by tOSU. 

Edit: not saying they’re way overrated, but they’re definitely not underranked.

I'd be so stoked about that game if it was in Madison, but with it being in Columbus I agree with you - I see a comfortable tOSU win.

SEC mythology is generated by multiple spin machines, starting with CBS years ago and continued now  by Disney. 

Their 8 game conference schedule and silly FCS November bye-ish breather is pathetic and any “decent”  sports writer/ coach / talking head should call it out, but media is money now and all scripted for the bean counters and the fake “playoffs”.

Their should be major backlash to this rigged system, but no one in the major outlets will do it.plus the controversy is additional clickbait.

Nothing to see here.

• Like 2

Wisconsin is absolutely a top 10 team.  The fact that Michigan was overrated doesn't change the fact that they're still going to go to a bowl game and Wisco completely dismantled them.

Wisconsin is sandwiched between Auburn and Florida and I would bet the house on Wisconsin against either of those.

Edited by TexArcher

Gata is not a top 10 team.  Beating tenn at home 34-3 seems like a decent win until you look at vols, they lost to fucking Georgia state 38-30 at home, the same team that lost to Texas state yesterday.  That was TxSt first conference home win since 2015 and they beat them in regulation, refs put a second back on the clock allowing a FG and TSU won again In OT

Don't do transitive property and all as a single data point, but when you start compiling evidence it's obvious Tennessee is very, very bad.  

Its hard to argue Bama and LSU in the top 4 based on how they have played so far, UGA looks more like a 6-8 team.  I would have LSU, tOSU and OU ahead of them.  Barn I would put around 11-12

Edited by Treefidy

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

Gata is not a top 10 team.  Beating tenn at home 34-3 seems like a decent win until you look at vols, they lost at home to Chattanooga 45-0 and they lost to fucking Georgia state 38-30 at home, the same team that lost to Texas state yesterday.  

Don't do transitive property and all as a single data point, but when you start compiling evidence it's obvious Tennessee is very, very bad.  

Its hard to argue Bama and LSU in the top 4 based on how they have played so far, UGA looks more like a 6-8 team.  I would have LSU, tOSU and OU ahead of them.  Barn I would put around 11-12

Tennessee WON that game 45-0

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

Gata is not a top 10 team.  Beating tenn at home 34-3 seems like a decent win until you look at vols, they lost at home to Chattanooga 45-0 and they lost to fucking Georgia state 38-30 at home, the same team that lost to Texas state yesterday.  

Tennessee lost to Georgia State and BYU at home. They beat Chattanooga 45-0

3 hours ago, NowThis said:

my brainfart, you right . So, it's Clemson, Bama + one loss LSU/GA and tOSU.

LSU and Bama will have a chance to settle it on the field long before the playoffs, and Georgia will get their shot in the SEC championship game.  Fuck giving SEC teams mulligans for their regular season shortcomings.  

3 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Only if they plan on taking a second SEC team with 2 losses. 

Aub has LSU, UGA and Bama, plus SEC CCG

Bama has LSU, AUB and CCG

UGA has AUB and CCG

LSU has AUB, Bama, and CCG

The chances of the #2 team in SEC  only having one loss this year is going to very rare. 

In this scenario, which I don't even think is that far-fetched:

Bama can beat LSU and finish 12-0.

UGA can finish 12-0.

LSU can finish 11-1.

Then Bama beats UGA in the SEC CCG.

If the Big 12 and Big 10 don't have undefeated champs, there would actually be people arguing with a straight face that the playoff should be Clemson, Bama, UGA, and LSU.

18 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

UGA can finish 12-0.

LSU can finish 11-1.

If the Big 12 and Big 10 don't have undefeated champs, there would actually be people arguing with a straight face that the playoff should be Clemson, Bama, UGA, and LSU.

This is exactly what will happen. If SEC was smart, they’d rig it to where it’s Georgia vs. LSU in the CCG with a Georgia close victory. No way a 1 loss Bama gets passed over and LSU will have beaten Bama, a top 10 Texas team, and barely lost to the SEC champ. Georgia gets auto bid obviously. Easy peasy. 

I’m going to go throw up now.

Edited by Girdwood

3 hours ago, Treefidy said:

SECx3 = 6  Barn and gata are probably 11-20 range  aggy still ranked is a fucking joke  1/2 of their conference is complete garbage

B1G = 6  tOSU is probably top 4 right now and wisky looks like top 10   UM probably still overrated at 20  

PAC = 5  Cal might be the best team in the conference, they should not have 5 in the top 25

B12= 3  fuck OU.  OSU should be at 20 instead of UM.  Overall conference is better than ACC and PAC

ACC= 2  Its a 1 team conference that utilizes the same scheduling advantage as SECx3.  Worst conference yet again  

G5 = 2  Meh

Dome.  UGA is overrated, surprise.  Dome benefits from that by staying inside the top 10.  5 guaranteed losses ahead of them minimum, they probably drop another game.  

This year looks like there's more parity at the top (15ish teams), so naturally the spinners are working overtime to position 2 SECx3 into the playoffs

Not far off if it was to end today in which won't. Cream is Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, OSU & LSU. We could be there, but we need to get significantly healthier and we need better coaching than we had yesterday. We made Okie State look much better than they are. Our Defense played a heck of game.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

UGA can finish 12-0.

LSU can finish 11-1.

What if Georgia loses to Auburn, Bama wins out in regular season but loses to Georgia in CCG and LSU only loses to Bama? ESPN would still felate a 6 loss aggy.

29 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

This is exactly what will happen. If SEC was smart, they’d rig it to where it’s Georgia vs. LSU in the CCG with a Georgia close victory. No way a 1 loss Bama gets passed over and LSU will have beaten Bama, a top 10 Texas team, and barely lost to the SEC champ. Georgia gets auto bid obviously. Easy peasy. 

They don't even have to rig anything, it's already going to be rigged lol. The committee is a complete joke.

18 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

What if Georgia loses to Auburn, Bama wins out in regular season but loses to Georgia in CCG and LSU only loses to Bama? ESPN would still felate a 6 loss aggy.

the SEC champ will always go unless it's some 3 loss fluke.  The next SEC team is considered if there are no obvious choices for slot #4.

If 11-1 LSU is compared to a 12-1 UT then you're in trouble with the head to head. 

Depends how things break down obviously but I could see a 11-1 LSU getting in with a close road loss to Bama. And that might noy be a bad outcone, again depending on how things break. A non champ UGA isn't getting in, even at 12-1. Their schedule is atrocious in the east. They'd have over, what, two ranked teams in ND and Auburn? That didn't cut it for them last year it won't this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have to admit, I love it when people hate the Gata...  when we suck (and we may still) people are so nice and deferential.  Anyone worried about UFs placement in the rankings can take solace in the fact we will play Allbarn, Corndog, and Gawga..  the ratings for the Gata will fall in line with reality.  The Gata is a dangerous team, but one that needs some lucky bounces and no more injuries.

regression to the mean is a cast iron bitch

Edited by Loco

3 minutes ago, Loco said:

I have to admit, I love it when people hate the Gata...  when we suck (and we may still) people are so nice and deferential.  Anyone worried about UFs placement in the rankings can take solace in the fact we will play Allbarn, Corndog, and Gawga..  the ratings for the Gata will fall in line with reality.  The Gata is a dangerous team, but one that needs some lucky bounces and no more injuries.

Gata ain't winning shit without Tebus (and Urban)..  

Edited by lemonandaturd

2 hours ago, Girdwood said:

And don't forget, to get there they would have all had to have beaten tough ranked teams like aggy, Auburn, and Florida. (and maybe Kentucky and Missouri and/or Ole Miss by the end of November...)

SEC is all good wins because they're all ranked because SEC losses are to good teams which is why SEC is tough you know. 

This is all being set up to make sure Norte Dame gets back in the talk as well if they manage to not lose any more games.   

Of course Clemson is going to run the table because the ACC is full of pussy ball, so they are in.

Then it's going to either be LSU, Bama, or UGA and they will take a one loss team out of those three/

The Big 10 schools are going to circular firing squad themselves out.   Ohio State will lose a game they shouldn't lose (see Purdue last season).  The love and hard on's the media has for Ohio State will soon be lost because they played a pussy like non conference schedule.  Wisconsin did indeed look good yesterday, but I can think of a number of other schools who would look good against that dip shit Harbaugh right now.   So count me kind of out on Wisconsin running the table as well.

So now we go the Big 12 which is primarily a conversation about us and OuSux.   Let's assume we beat OuSux in the Red River game and lose to them in the Big 12 idiotic championship game.   Then we are pretty much Sugar Bowl bound.  But what if we beat Ou Sux in both contests?   Assuming we win out  we'd be a one loss team.   And LSU ends up with one loss with that being in the SEC 'ship game.   They will take LSU in a heartbeat because of the H2H two weeks ago.  But what if UGA loses in the SEC 'ship and that is their only loss?  UGA will  still  go and Norte Dame will go because they will manage to move up the polls over time thanks to Big 10 attrition  and the game with UGA yesterday would be justification to get them back into prime consideration.    You can bet your bottom dollar the media and this joke of a committee will leap frog them into the playoff because of the "resume."    Their only loss would be a close loss against a unbeaten UGA,  so their loss would look sexier than our loss against LSU even if they remain unbeaten going into the SEC 'ship and win it.  That's why Norte Dame could win every game from here on out by one point in triple OT and they will still keep them ahead of us in the polls even if we dog stomp OU twice!  

In other words unless the SEC suddenly becomes a circular firing squad,  it is set in stone they will get two teams in.   Then we just have to hope whomever is the non SEC team in the final turns around and beats them save OU sucks because I'll root for the University of the Taliban football team before I root for those losers.

Edited by Nueces River Rat

41 minutes ago, Loco said:

I'm Gata's biggest fans right now.   You all alone can cause chaos in the SEC just by beating one of the two in Corndog or UGA.   I think you have a better chance against UGA.