AP Top 25

TrashMaster G

5 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

We would skull-fuck ND. I do agree with the desperation and media hype bs

Norte Dame sucks!  

Everyone and their bitch talks about how the SEC manipulates their schedules in order to get poll position and then allow each other to build those slots because they play weak ass non conference games and then they get to pump up their BS in conference by minimizing the effects of their loses because they barely beat another ranked team.

The frikcen Golden Domers are worse and have been getting by with this shit for years.   Now, Iowa could do us all a favor and Dog Stomp Michigan this weekend because there is no way in the world they will remain in the Top 25.   But if Michigan manages to beat Iowa and Penn State, the narrative will be Harbaugh is turning it around and the hype will be in overdrive for the end of the month matchup with Norte Dame.  If ND wins, the first thing out of every wussies mouth on ESPN will be ND beat a very solid Michigan club and deserve to be in the conversation now.    If UGA ends up winning the SEC and ND ends up with the one loss being to UGA, the media hype will put them in  especially over a one loss OU sucks especially if the Big 12 after OUsucks and Texas becomes nothing but a circular firing squad which it very well could.  The wildcard at the end of the day in this scenario would the committee take a one loss Bama over ND even if UGA beats Bama by a larger margin than they beat ND and Ohio State makes it through the season with an L.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

If I've been reading my texags correctly, we would get the nod over lsu because a gritty loss to a powerful sec team is better than a win over a pansy ass b12 team.  

Sorry. You’re gonna have to retake your reading  agrehension course again.

Gritty losses to powerful SECSECSEC teams only count if the losing team is also a gritty SECSECSEC teamGritty losses by bdf teams to SECSECSEC teams are actually evidence of domination of a clearly inferior opponent  by an unmotivated SECSECSEC team that clearly did not want to be there and/or whose team was subjected to locker rooms heated just below the temperature of the surface of the sun, and had to play on a watered-down or otherwise inferior surface that only affects the SECSECSEC team. Moose out front shoulda told ya.

Next time study the proper dagma a little harder. Maybe you should squeeze your testicles while you read. Hope this helps.

Edited by Longhorn Fever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

benefit of the doubt by winning in Knoxville?  LOL.

anyway...Any one loss SEC team with only loss to bama is in(assuming Bama wins the SEC champ game) if there are not 3 undefeated's regardless of OOC.  Texas will need to not only win one more game than LSU even has to play, it will have to beat OU twice.

LSU had to win that game to prevent a one loss Texas or a one loss OU from getting in over them.  they can possibly get in if OU beats Texas and then Texas beats OU but the drumbeat by ESPN to have Hurts playing Bama will be too much.

the Texas game was a virtual playoff game for LSU.

LSU is going down bro...  Gata @ LSU 8pm in Death Valley (2)    Players don't cramp at night, it's just science!

1 hour ago, DeadArmadillo said:

I know I've said it before.  Aggie, armed with deadly weapon, still gets his ass kicked by an unarmed preppy cheerleader. 

Quite possibly the most Aggie thing ever

Second only to the obvious aggy DPS person grabbing the unarmed cheerleader for his aggressive assault on the cosplay incel soldier brandishing a fucking saber.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Loco said:

LSU is going down bro...  Gata @ LSU 8pm in Death Valley (2)    Players don't cramp at night, it's just science!

To beat LSU a team probably needs 3 out of 4 from: outstanding QB play, strong running game, great secondary and good pass rush while bringing 4.  Texas had 2 of those 4 and couldn't quite get it done.  AFAIK Florida has only one, the pass rush.

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

Second only to the obvious aggy DPS person grabbing the unarmed cheerleader for his aggressive assault on the cosplay incel soldier brandishing a fucking saber.

That has always been the funniest thing about that situation.  aggy police officer ignores the guy with a deadly weapon and goes after the unarmed cheerleader.  

5 hours ago, Longhorn Fever said:

Sorry. You’re gonna have to retake your reading  agrehension course again.

Gritty losses to powerful SECSECSEC teams only count if the losing team is also a gritty SECSECSEC teamGritty losses by bdf teams to SECSECSEC teams are actually evidence of domination of a clearly inferior opponent  by an unmotivated SECSECSEC team that clearly did not want to be there and/or whose team was subjected to locker rooms heated just below the temperature of the surface of the sun, and had to play on a watered-down or otherwise inferior surface that only affects the SECSECSEC team. Moose out front shoulda told ya.

Next time study the proper dagma a little harder. Maybe you should squeeze your testicles while you read. Hope this helps.

I'm giving you a 98/100 on that, only because you forgot to mention that SEC teams will sometimes lose if they're heartbroken over the death of Tupac.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, utee94 said:

If your only goal is the easiest path to the playoff, then there is no advantage to playing tough OOC games.

Personally I prefer to see my team play good teams instead of OOC cupcakes, so I'm good with our schedule.  But there's no doubt that scheduling down and avoiding all risk in the OOC schedule is the best way to get the playoff.

and therein lies the reason to expand and accept all P5 champs. 

7 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Seems impossible that it was only 4 years ago but Tennessee finished that season 9-4 and ranked. Plus the game was a dramatic double OT classic.

sure.  I'm just talking about winning in Knoxville.  they have zero home field advantage.

8 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Norte Dame sucks!  

Everyone and their bitch talks about how the SEC manipulates their schedules in order to get poll position and then allow each other to build those slots because they play weak ass non conference games and then they get to pump up their BS in conference by minimizing the effects of their loses because they barely beat another ranked team.

The frikcen Golden Domers are worse and have been getting by with this shit for years.   Now, Iowa could do us all a favor and Dog Stomp Michigan this weekend because there is no way in the world they will remain in the Top 25.   But if Michigan manages to beat Iowa and Penn State, the narrative will be Harbaugh is turning it around and the hype will be in overdrive for the end of the month matchup with Norte Dame.  If ND wins, the first thing out of every wussies mouth on ESPN will be ND beat a very solid Michigan club and deserve to be in the conversation now.    If UGA ends up winning the SEC and ND ends up with the one loss being to UGA, the media hype will put them in  especially over a one loss OU sucks especially if the Big 12 after OUsucks and Texas becomes nothing but a circular firing squad which it very well could.  The wildcard at the end of the day in this scenario would the committee take a one loss Bama over ND even if UGA beats Bama by a larger margin than they beat ND and Ohio State makes it through the season with an L.  

yahokaybro

6 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I know you're probably spewing hyperbole, but bro, LSU is gonna do bad, bad things to that gator defense, and I'm almost positive y'alls offense may score once or twice. 

Yeah, but I think if uf gets through AU healthy, they'll have a decent chance.  The game this week will be the first were uf has their whole starting defense back.  If they can hold up and Trask (dopey Dolph Lundgrin) cleans up his 2-3 wtf plays it's going to be a hell of a game.  The Oline is a HUGE concern.  Shout out to Delance...  looks like he's been wearing rollerskates.

2 hours ago, Loco said:

Yeah, but I think if uf gets through AU healthy, they'll have a decent chance.  The game this week will be the first were uf has their whole starting defense back.  If they can hold up and Trask (dopey Dolph Lundgrin) cleans up his 2-3 wtf plays it's going to be a hell of a game.  The Oline is a HUGE concern.  Shout out to Delance...  looks like he's been wearing rollerskates.

I truly believe y'all can beat Auburn. Aggy made AU's frosh qb look competent, and your defense is light-years better. I don't think it'll be a 30+-20+ game, but a win is a win. I have Florida winning by a field goal. Once the talent and recruiting gets going, and Mullen proves he's capable of coaching kids with a "me" attitude, it'll be nice to see Kirby get exposed for the fraud he his. 

• Like 1

you guys are delusional.  florida is not good.  they aren't beating auburn, georgia, or lsu.

I don't think they'll beat Auburn but it's at least in the realm of possibility. AU has gotten away with being one dimensional in both of their big wins. Florida's defense is good enough to punish that, make Nix beat them on third down, and end up with a turnover or two, or at least good field position to take advantage of. That said, Florida's offense isn't even one dimensional, it has zero dimensions, and Auburn's DL will dominate the bad Florida OL. Hard to see them breaking 20 without significant help.

Agreed on Georgia and LSU. Florida has no chance in those.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I don't think they'll beat Auburn but it's at least in the realm of possibility. AU has gotten away with being one dimensional in both of their big wins. Florida's defense is good enough to punish that, make Nix beat them on third down, and end up with a turnover or two, or at least good field position to take advantage of. That said, Florida's offense isn't even one dimensional, it has zero dimensions, and Auburn's DL will dominate the bad Florida OL. Hard to see them breaking 20 without significant help.

Agreed on Georgia and LSU. Florida has no chance in those.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

anything is possible...but the thing auburn has going for it is that they have SEVEN seniors starting on their two lines and the two defensive linemen that aren't seniors are juniors.  that is big imo.  nix is particularly bad at completing deep balls with any accuracy but beyond that, he has been relatively good for a fish in not "fucking it up."  and i simply don't respect florida at all.  their schedule has been atrocious and they haven't performed particularly well throughout.

3 hours ago, Loco said:

Zuniga and CJ Henderson gonna be back? Awesome. 

5 hours ago, sidis said:

you guys are delusional.  florida is not good.  they aren't beating auburn, georgia, or lsu.

Despite the SEC's quality wins ooc, they were all by 1 td.  None of the above is invulnerable.

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok so the lesson here is that your one loss cannot be a blow out loss to an unranked team.

Or not in a year where Notre Dame is undefeated and takes the 4th slot. 

Just now, notre dame joe said:

Despite the SEC's quality wins ooc, they were all by 1 td.  None of the above is invulnerable.

i'm not saying they aren't vulnerable.  just not to florida in my opinion.  time to pay the piper for gators over the next five weeks.

19 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

That has always been the funniest thing about that situation.  aggy police officer ignores the guy with a deadly weapon and goes after the unarmed cheerleader.  

That's what you get for messing with aggy police officer's boyfriend.

19 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Makes sense to me. He went for the bigger threat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

I know I've said it before.  Aggie, armed with deadly weapon, still gets his ass kicked by an unarmed preppy cheerleader. 

Quite possibly the most Aggie thing ever

I kid you not that this guy is celebrated by many on Texags.  But you probably figured that.  He sells insurance somewhere in East Texas.

6 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

except tosu are playing at a wholenother level.  if they run their conference with 3-score wins domer's chance goes way down.

I know I've said it before.  aggy, armed with deadly weapon, still gets his ass kicked by an unarmed preppy cheerleader. 

Quite possibly the most aggy thing ever

there are no NMSU OR UC DAVIS folks in that picture.

only alpo and aggy and a pervert in a piss yellow raincoat.

fify

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

Check out the schedule. You play those three teams over the next five weeks. You have a bye week and a free win against a shitty team mixed in there. 

Ok yeah, I thought you were saying the next 5 teams.  I know you're not high on the Gata, but there is no way in pluperfect hell they lose the next 5.  Possibly 4 of 5 if shit goes way off the rails.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:02 AM, A’Dam Psycho said:

Allow me to pose the question again, what is the benefit of playing a decent OOC schedule? Bama, OSU, & OU are benefiting by playing fossils while we currently have a slim chance of making it even if we beat OU twice. LSU and UGA played tough OOC teams and it’s not giving them any advantage over any of those teams.

It makes football more fun to watch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Loco said:

Ok yeah, I thought you were saying the next 5 teams.  I know you're not high on the Gata, but there is no way in pluperfect hell they lose the next 5.  Possibly 4 of 5 if shit goes way off the rails.

as confident as i am that florida has a hard time winning any of the three against auburn, georgia, and lsu (and if they do beat one of them, i really think it is the dawgs), i am equally confident that there's no way they lose to south carolina, vandy, mizzou, or fsu.  none of them are remotely on florida's level.

12 minutes ago, sidis said:

as confident as i am that florida has a hard time winning any of the three against auburn, georgia, and lsu (and if they do beat one of them, i really think it is the dawgs), i am equally confident that there's no way they lose to south carolina, vandy, mizzou, or fsu.  none of them are remotely on florida's level.

When people in my life were complaining that Florida was shown to be bad against Miami and not worthy of their ranking, I was quick to point out that they play in a terrible division and have a garbage OOC schedule. They will go 9-3 and probably finish near or just in the Top 10 and not beat anybody in the top 25 or close to it.

It is the way it goes for those mid-level SEC teams: loads of wins against the dregs of the league+FCS schools along with a few quality losses. Though Florida just lucked out that their Florida rivals are total trash right now so we cannot really blame Florida.

I wonder if Florida just has too many FBS schools right now to support three elite ones in UF, FSU, and Miami.

Edited by Valmy77

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

When people in my life were complaining that Florida was shown to be bad against Miami and not worthy of their ranking, I was quick to point out that they play in a terrible division and have a garbage OOC schedule. They will go 9-3 and probably finish near or just in the Top 10 and not beat anybody in the top 25 or close to it.

It is the way it goes for those mid-level SEC teams: loads of wins against the dregs of the league+FCS schools along with a few quality losses. Though Florida just lucked out that their Florida rivals are total trash right now so we cannot really blame Florida.

I wonder if Florida just has too many FBS schools right now to support three elite ones in UF, FSU, and Miami.

nah...usf, ucf, fau, and fiu do not threaten any of those three's recruiting.  the challenges for the three schools is almost entirely their coaches.  

muschamp took florida right down the shitter and, like texas before sam, has had one terrible ass run of qbs since teboner and colt left.  they made a mistake with his replacement and that didn't help.  they might have the right guy to get the ship steered properly now but i'm not entirely convinced.  mullen is a good coach, don't know that he's great.  his best years at msu were with the cowboys' starting qb and like 38 seniors and they still didn't accomplish much.  but then again, it was msu.

miami has been in the desert for a while and will remain there with dumbass manny diaz in charge.  richt is a good recruiter so he got a couple of dudes in there that were pretty good but that's all played out.  of the three, when they go shitty, miami goes SHITTY (as opposed to florida who even when shitty, they're still a 7-5 or 8-4 type team).  until another butch or jimmy comes back in to re-establish the recruiting dominance and swagger, they are an empty suit.  i think they will remain there.

florida state...lol.  just horrible coaching decisions.  bowden mack brown'd them and then jimbo did the same thing! taggart is a disaster.  whether they come up with the funds for a top 10 coach next time will determine how long their program stays down.

gators aren't going to stay down too much longer i don't think but kirby, dabo, and nick are making life hard.