AP Top 25

TrashMaster G

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Man, the ACC and the Big 12 are absolutely horrendous.  Outside of Clemson and Texas/ou, both conferences have shit teams.  And spare me about Baylor.  Both Texas and ou will wax them.  Baylor hasn't played anyone worth a damn.

Baylor was gifted a win by the officials yesterday, Big 12 officiating at its finest with the clear fumble in OT and somehow the officials step in and make the incorrect call.

Fuck anyone not pissed at the two non targeting calls vs us in the 2nd half and allowing their db's to hold all game. 

• Like 4

Winner of Whisky / tOSU is the best team in the country IMO.  If LSU/Bama winner wins the SEC Championship, both those teams are in CFP if they only have that one loss (unfortunately.)  A two-loss Big 12 CCG winner is left out, again just my opinion.

History says whisky never beats those asswipes. I would love for this year to be different.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, blackflag said:

Winner of Whisky / tOSU is the best team in the country IMO.  If LSU/Bama winner wins the SEC Championship, both those teams are in CFP if they only have that one loss (unfortunately.)  A two-loss Big 12 CCG winner is left out, again just my opinion.

I don't think a 2 loss conference champion has ever made the playoffs anyway (please correct me if I'm wrong), so precedent would agree with you.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I'm surprised as fuck about what Herman is doing in Tempe...

Regardless of how they finish the season, I thought it was a name hire only, that was doomed to disaster.

I was somewhat skeptical too.

Since he’s been here, we have lost 7 games by a combined 33 points. No margin greater than 7.

You want to play right away?  About 1/3 of the starters are either RS or true freshmen, including two on the o-line.  LT is 17 years old and is holding his own.  

Credit also to DC Sullivan and LB Poly pipeline master Antonio Pierce.  Reluctantly also to OC Likens.  Slocum has got to go as surprisingly to no one, special teams suck.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

who behind us beat us?

Based on where we are defensively, with the fewest sacks in the nation, defending the edges and our pass YPG we give up, I would not be shocked to lose to AZ St., Mizzou, Iowa, and Washington. Haven't seen much of the other teams. And those 2 Minnesota RB's would gain about 400 yards against us.

Sam hasn't been the same since LSU and that sets us back as well 

The LSU bump from beating Florida is lols-worthy.  Florida should be in the 15-25 range, and everyone with a pulse has pointed this out since week 1.

Clemson, Florida, Notre Dame still too high.

Washington is being underrated. But at 2 losses it is whatever.

Boise State at 14 is silly.

Mine:

1. Ohio St (+3 from AP position)

2. Alabama (-1)

3. Wisconsin (+3)

4. OU Sucks (+1)

5. LSU (-3)

6. Penn St (+1)

7. Clemson (-4)

Pick'em from here down:

8. Oregon (+4)

9. Auburn (+2)

10. Texas (+5)

44 minutes ago, futureman said:

well everyone left on the schedule is ranked lower.  we won’t get jumped by anyone left on the schedule unless we lose to one of them.  so, yes, 100%.  thus ‘presumably’ is wrong. 

So if Baylor beats OU and we look like garbage in wins, we’ll be ranked ahead of them when we play?

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

I'm surprised as fuck about what Herman is doing in Tempe...

Regardless of how they finish the season, I thought it was a name hire only, that was doomed to disaster.

1 hour ago, Upgrayedd said:

I was somewhat skeptical too.

Since he’s been here, we have lost 7 games by a combined 33 points. No margin greater than 7.

You want to play right away?  About 1/3 of the starters are either RS or true freshmen, including two on the o-line.  LT is 17 years old and is holding his own.  

Credit also to DC Sullivan and LB Poly pipeline master Antonio Pierce.  Reluctantly also to OC Likens.  Slocum has got to go as surprisingly to no one, special teams suck.

The PAC has more parity than anyone else.  If Oregon played the #10 team it would usually be a 7 pt win.

LSU at #2 sets up the "Three teams from the SEC belong in the playoff" bullshit.  I'm to lazy look at who voted them #2 but I'd bet Vic Mackey's fat fucking testicles that most of them come from the SECSECSEC south.

College football is becoming unenjoyable to me.

6 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

LSU at #2 sets up the "Three teams from the SEC belong in the playoff" bullshit.  I'm to lazy look at who voted them #2 but I'd bet Vic Mackey's fat fucking testicles that most of them come from the SECSECSEC south.

I feel like Georgia losing kind of kills that.  The SEC East winner is going to have 2 losses if they lose in the championship game.

Edited by fellside

There is zero chance of three SEC teams making it in. Regardless of whether or not they're one of the best four teams (not sure they are right now), like the 2014 Floroda State team that was defending a title, Clemson is a virtual lock to run through the ACC 13-0. They aren't getting left out. You think they'll fill all three spots with SEC teams?

The loser of Georgia vs Florida is done and the winner is done when they inevitably lose to the SEC West champ.

If there's a 13-0 Bama/LSU and the other, or Auburn is 11-1, maybe they get two. Maybe.

Oklahoma just throttled a Texas team that generally played LSU toe to toe. Let's say OU slips up somewhere but wins the B12. An 11-1 SEC team, especialy if it's LSU, isn't taking their spot. Same goes for a 12-1 Ohio State or Wisconsin. That's to say nothing of the possibility of any of those going undefeated.

It would take multiple losses from the B12 and Big Ten champs and a very specific set of outcomes in league play for that to even be a possibility.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Clemson, OSU/Wisc, or OU win out they are in. That would only let 1 sec team in.

They all lose a game or two, then 

UGA/Fla win out and win SEC Championship
LSU and Bama win out, except game against each other

Then UGA/Fla, LSU and bama will all have one loss and the stupid fucks at espn will start pushing the 3 teams from the sec narrative.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Loco said:

To look good against fsu, Clempson would have needed to murder Chief Osceola and eat his horse Kaleisi style.

I know stuff will sort it's self out, but those rankings are a joke.

Not a joke, a serious effort to manage money, CFB playoff selections by the "committee" etc. Its an orchestrated procedure to drive ad revenue for certain games and certain conferences. Disney is currently in control. Until the P5 conference  championships become a hard-wired path to the playoffs, the rigged rankings will always play a role. Even in an 8 team playoff, there will be "rankings" to manipulate the wild card selections, 2 or 3 depending upon whether  a G5 "best" will get an invite.

• Haha 1