AP Top 25

TrashMaster G

23 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I'm a Texas grad, but also a life time Gata fan. They got Auburn, LSU, and Jawgia the next 4 weeks so you can finally get your big payoff  

Enough. Take it to a Florida board. This is a Texas board. We get plenty of undeserved SEC fellatio on every single national sports media outlet. Don’t care. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I'm a Texas grad, but also a life time Gata fan. They got Auburn, LSU, and Jawgia the next 4 weeks so you can finally get your big payoff.

Maybe their best players on offense and defense will be back though and the Gata shows the fuck up. Who knows. Either way, it's a win win, because Auburn, LSU, and Jawgia are all also ahead of Texas in the polls my dude.

You might be a Texas grad.  But right now you're just being kind of a dick.

Edited by utee94
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah I just might be lulz - sorry if my fully formed thought responding to this post below wasn't nice enough

56 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Shut the fuck up. 

• Fuck You 3

3 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Fuck that, there's no redeeming quality to playing those fucks again.. or LSU, or Bama.  

Texas should get two chances to beat OUsux this season and that's all that matters to me.

i know, but the contractual formula cements UT's future, presuming UT doesn't win the CCG and Bama/LSU beats GA, right?

Edited by NowThis

3 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

SEC effect for hanging around a grossly-overrated UGA who Texas blasted nine months ago.  ND will have no ranked teams left on their schedule by the time they get to Michigan.

Duke might be ranked. They have 4 games between today and when ND comes calling. Their toughest will be @UVA, but with the way they blasted everyone since Bama. Gave up 42 to Bama, allowed 41 combined in the other 3 games all while scoring 41+ there is a good chance they are 7-1 going into that game.

6 minutes ago, NowThis said:

i know, but the contractual formula cements UT's future, presuming UT doesn't win the CCG and Bama/LSU beats GA, right?

The B12 sends its CCG runner up, regardless of CFP ranking, as its NY6 autobid should the champion make the playoff. So should Texas win the B12 CCG and not go to the playoff, or lose it to a playoff-bound OU, Texas would get the B12's Sugar Bowl bid.

If the SEC champion goes to the playoffs, the SEC sends the highest ranked team in the CFP rankings even if they didn't play in the CCG. Last year Georgia was both the runner up and highest ranked team.

The 2016 Sugar Bowl is an example of both. Oklahoma State got the NY6 bid despite being ranked below TCU because it was higher in the B12 standings. Ole Miss went to the Sugar Bowl for the SEC instead of whatever shitty SEC East team Bama beat (Florida? Tennessee? Georgia? Who knows...) because they were the next highest ranked SEC team in the CFP rankings.

6 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

The insane SEC obsession and hissy fits some of y’all have is embarrassing. Sure Bama will play 2 or 3 ranked teams. Clemson will play ZERO. ACC appears to have one top 40 team.

Michigan’s ranking is as egregious as Aggys.

3 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Oh JFC hinge yourself. The SEC stuff that makes certain people have sore little pussies has nothing to do with this being a Texas board. Do you see me in Texas threads arguing and trolling? No? So get a goddamn grip.

To be fair, it makes sense why an OU fan would be an SEC cuck.
Just look at their last two bowl games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Maybe their best players on offense and defense will be back though and the Gata shows the fuck up. 

Zavala is a good poster some of the time but this has to be one of the most annoying tics of any fanbase. Right up there with TIGERBAIT.

Edited by texifornia
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Shut the fuck up. 

What exactly in my post did you have a problem with?  I'm not an sec sec guy...  I hate all those other sec team mofos  more than you do.  I have a hard time fully putting into words how much auburn sucks ass or how douchey uga fans are.  You guys played LSU once , the Gata has to put up with their shit every year.  Sorry if that hurts your general world view or whatever.   Use your words, I know the Gata hasn't played Texas in forever, that's coming up... save your hate it's a marathon not a sprint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

he suckin gaytar dick.

fuck gaytor. they are as insufferable as aggy. cause they is aggy. chomp aggy.

they have a no talent ass clown dave south wanna be OH MY! moron as their play by play guy and some cracker ass moron drunken bozo as their color guy. their radio games are as painful to listen to as dave south but less entertaining OH MY!

I must admit that their vet school is pretty good and they are closer to the beach than aggy.

here is the main entertainment venue in the Gainsville Fl gaytorplex area.

877decbf7075d633c597592f0568d461.jpg7ab920aae431c6732c314bd9d76c76f0.jpg15c3398d28b0aceacbbcec299c41d6e7.jpg50bae79d4b21861b9bd1acc01135d944.jpg3ea34e86f8d02ebd8f2b87372033e3ca.jpg

CHOMP!
  • Like 1

Yeah you love posting that, but that place wasn't in Gainesville or anywhere near UF. It was on the other side of Paines prairie in Micanopy or some shit.  All the stories I heard about strip joints were from guys road tripping down to Tampa, nobody went to shithole towns like micanopy or Orlando...  that's how you end up with tb and ptsd.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Loco said:

Yeah you love posting that, but that place wasn't in Gainesville or anywhere near UF. It was on the other side of Paines prairie in Micanopy or some shit.  All the stories I heard about strip joints were from guys road tripping down to Tampa, nobody went to shithole towns like micanopy or Orlando...  that's how you end up with tb and ptsd.

Back in the 90's, heading down I-75 from Atlanta, all you saw was billboards for Cafe Erotica in Warner Robbins and then after the Warner Robbins exit, billboards for Cafe Risque. My boss, at the time, wanted to stop in one of them, while on a road trip to Tampa. We stopped in Risque and one of the scrippas took my Bama hat off and rubbed it between her legs. I let her keep it. Did not want her crabs.

Allow me to pose the question again, what is the benefit of playing a decent OOC schedule? Bama, OSU, & OU are benefiting by playing fossils while we currently have a slim chance of making it even if we beat OU twice. LSU and UGA played tough OOC teams and it’s not giving them any advantage over any of those teams.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

That's what you surly fellers need to be mojoing up.  I hate it, but we (Bama) are as thin at LB, OL, DL and experienced DBs as the mint John Cleese offered Monsieur Creosote.  Did you see Ole Miss hang 31 on us Saturday?  Unless big changes happen and soon, we are losing to LSU and the Boogs (heresy!).  AP #1 in September means less than a Trump tweet.

You know fucking nothing of the cupboard being bare, Jon Snow...

12 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Allow me to pose the question again, what is the benefit of playing a decent OOC schedule? Bama, OSU, & OU are benefiting by playing fossils while we currently have a slim chance of making it even if we beat OU twice. LSU and UGA played tough OOC teams and it’s not giving them any advantage over any of those teams.

If your only goal is the easiest path to the playoff, then there is no advantage to playing tough OOC games.

Personally I prefer to see my team play good teams instead of OOC cupcakes, so I'm good with our schedule.  But there's no doubt that scheduling down and avoiding all risk in the OOC schedule is the best way to get the playoff.

13 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Why the shit are we behind ND? Fucking bullshit 

Because the sports media  is intent on getting Norte Dame back into the playoff conversation knowing the committee buys  hype more than anything.    

So for review.   SEC media hype insures inflated rankings for six or seven of their teams beginning with the pre season polls going through the balance of the season as noted with aggy retaining their precious spot in the poll after scrapping by a team that got beat by San Jose fricken state the week before at HOME and almost lost it's HOME opener to an FCS team a couple of weeks earlier.  It helps Auburn (which will choke on it's chili real soon I predict  as they always do)  right now because the SEC media homers count their win over aggy as a "quality win."    And they will do the same for Bama next weekend when they play aggy.   

The build back Norte Dame hype began after their comeback from behind victory over Virginia on Saturday.   The same Virginia team who struggled against Old Dominion the week before and had trouble putting away a very weak Florida State team the week before that.  But somehow all this kept them in the rankings, thus a signature win on Norte Dame's resume.  So now be prepared starting this week for the build up Michigan narrative to begin and if they happen to beat Iowa on Saturday and then do the same a couple weeks later against Penn State, you can bet your bottom dollar they will be hyping up the Norte Dame/Michigan match up at the end of the month so in the event Norte Dame wins, they get another signature win because for the most part,  Norte Dame's remaining schedule is void of any real challenges.     At the end of the day, I don't think Michigan will beat both Iowa and Penn State because Harbaugh is dog crap.  But if they happen to pull those games out, then get ready they hype machine to go into overdrive.  

20 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I am starting to think this is the way to go actually....

Since Texas plays 9 conference games we should should schedule Duke, New Mexico State and Southern Miss just like Bama.

• Like 1

OU got the benefit of the doubt in 2015 and 2017 largely because of going and winning in Knoxville and Columbus.

Texas is very very likely to go to the playoff if they finish 12-1.

LSU in particular is benefitting from the Texas win. If they finish 11-1 with only a loss to Bama, they are a MUCH more viable playoff contender because of the Texas game than they had if they had just beaten random directional.

We're very likely going back to the Sugar Bowl to a rematch of either LSU or UGA, so the crying over a CFP we likely won't be involved in is stupid. All I want from this program this year is a Conference Championship and another top 5 recruiting class. Anything else is gravy.

• Like 3

You can't really make that call until the committee rankings come out. They're the ones who have touted that they value these matchups and will reward the winner and avoid penalizing the loser.

I also think those things matter more near the end of the season when it's much more clear which teams have been strong for the entire season. Theoretically at that point the team with a better schedule should either benefit from winning hard ooc games or not be penalized for losing them.

The committee hasn't been super consistent with application of their rules, though, so we'll see. It feels like they make up rules to justify the decisions they wanted to make. It will be interesting to see how they react the next time there's debate between two teams where one has a very strong ooc schedule and a loss during it vs a team with a very weak ooc schedule with no losses in ooc. If they penalize for the loss, then you're right, no point in playing the games. I hope they don't so that teams are encouraged to play these games, but we'll see.

7 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

We're very likely going back to the Sugar Bowl to a rematch of either LSU or UGA, so the crying over a CFP we likely won't be involved in is stupid. All I want from this program this year is a Conference Championship and another top 5 recruiting class. Anything else is gravy.

If a 1 loss Texas gets left out of the PO's, then you can just blow the whole fucking thing up, anyhoo.

IDGAF about the Horns, but that would be as legit a resume as anyone else in the country has. To ignore that, would be shenanigans, which the system is built to thrive on.  

"it's so fun to argue the rankings and shit in Week 7" 

No.  No it is not and an expanded PO system would eliminate the horseshit... or let in 4 more SEC teams...

Edited by Iceman

5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

If a 1 loss Texas gets left out of the PO's, then you can just blow the whole fucking thing up, anyhoo.

IDGAF about the Horns, but that would be as legit a resume as anyone else in the country has. To ignore that, would be shenanigans, which the system is built to thrive on.  

"it's so fun to argue the rankings and shit in Week 7" 

No.  No it is not and an expanded PO system would eliminate the horseshit... or let in 4 more SEC teams...

You're probably right...  I don't think there can be 4 P5 undefeateds...  LSU/Bama/UGA, Clempson, Bucknuts...   and ???

12 hours ago, Gaffords said:

This shows the problem with the polls and committee...  

Taking a look at aggy, many votes come from out of market.  That's because 90 percent of the voters only watch 1 or 2 games (if that). Then they turn to ESPN to catch the breakdown of Saturday's action.  And we all know there is no bigger SEC sunshine pumper than ESPN. Even the editing of the game highlights are tinted when it comes to ESPN...  

Granted, 99 percent of the entire Nation is well aware of the ESPN--SEC favoritism, but out of market voters/writers have caved to peer pressure, so publicly fall in line with the ESPN tune.  Looking at voters this season (past couple of years), the further away from the SEC footprint, the  less likely an SEC team gets penalized for a loss. Voters way North/West don't follow SEC mid pack teams closely. So they go with the ESPN flow.  It reflects in the polls (especially pre polls) each year...  There is a reason dictators control the media in their countries, and it's no different here when the biggest sports content provider has it's own conference to pimp.

My friend, you just explained the entire rationale behind the 100 Year Decision:

"We may not ever be very good, but if we do this and associate ourselves with teams that are better than we are, then we also might be assumed to be better than we are. And really, that's just as acceptable as actually winning and accomplishing anything in real life. Let's do it!"

Edited by crimsonlonghorn
autocorrect

20 minutes ago, Loco said:

You're probably right...  I don't think there can be 4 P5 undefeateds...  LSU/Bama/UGA, Clempson, Bucknuts...   and ???

Only possible way that a 12-1 Texas gets left out is if there is 13-0 Bama, 13-0 tOSU, 13-0 Clemson, 11-1 LSU, so the 4th spot comes down to what is more important, the conference title, or the head to head win in Austin. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Only possible way that a 12-1 Texas gets left out is if there is 13-0 Bama, 13-0 tOSU, 13-0 Clemson, 11-1 LSU, so the 4th spot comes down to what is more important, the conference title, or the head to head win in Austin. 

You must have been the smartest thing to ever come out of whatever okie trailer park you came from.   Because this is correct.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

I'd bet the mortgage on getting left out in that scenario

8 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I think it would depend on a few factors:

1) What else does OU do?  If OU is 11-2 with both losses to Texas, that would be a monster pair of wins. If OU somehow splinters, and Texas wins the Big 12 title game over a 9-4 OSU, that's obviously much worse for Texas.

2) What does the LSU-Bama game look like? If LSU loses a 42-41 classic, that tilts in their favor, as they have a great argument they are the 2nd best team in CFB. If they get solidly dunked on, not as much

3) What about Auburn? If Auburn loses a heartbreaker to Bama, beats UGA, and LSU beats them by 17, that win will be a huge feather in the cap of LSU. If Auburn instead ends up 8-4 with blowout losses to Bama, LSU, and UGA and a medium loss to Gata, then beating Barn doesn't mean nearly as much.

5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

The consolation in that scenario might be beating OU twice in the same season?

Going 12-1 would be a pretty sweet consolation.

But really it doesn't start to get serious until after we play OU. If we are 5-1 then well, then it gets interesting. Otherwise we are back to just hoping to get to the CCG.

20 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

1) What else does OU do?  If OU is 11-2 with both losses to Texas, that would be a monster pair of wins. If OU somehow splinters, and Texas wins the Big 12 title game over a 9-4 OSU, that's obviously much worse for Texas.

2) What does the LSU-Bama game look like? If LSU loses a 42-41 classic, that tilts in their favor, as they have a great argument they are the 2nd best team in CFB. If they get solidly dunked on, not as much

3) What about Auburn? If Auburn loses a heartbreaker to Bama, beats UGA, and LSU beats them by 17, that win will be a huge feather in the cap of LSU. If Auburn instead ends up 8-4 with blowout losses to Bama, LSU, and UGA and a medium loss to Gata, then beating Barn doesn't mean nearly as much.

I just think that a head-to-head loss to an SEC team would give them enough ammo to put the SEC team in regardless of anything else. I think OU would get in as a one loss champion though. Basically, we need to pray that LSU wins out or drops 2.

• Like 1

Listening to Full Ride this morning and they had a SEC homer talk about the awesome offenses (like the RPO is new) of LSU and Alabama, and there was simultaneous talk about how the defenses are slipping because of the offenses and how the defenses are suddenly not a good and they need to figure it out.

2 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

I just think that a head-to-head loss to an SEC team would give them enough ammo to put the SEC team in regardless of anything else. I think OU would get in as a one loss champion though. Basically, we need to pray that LSU wins out or drops 2.

I don't think any of that matters.  ESPN's selection committee will put in the team they think will get the highest TV ratings, if they have ANY remotely credible reason to do so.  Texas turns on more TV sets, and a 12-1 conference champion Texas gives them plenty of leeway on their narrative to put Texas in, despite the H2H loss.  Texas would be a conference champ and LSU would not.  Texas' sole loss of the season would be in Game2, where LSU's would be later in the season.  They can craft that narrative and put in the team that drives better ratings, without batting an eye.

• Like 1

like I said it's in the greater gaytorplex area.

and it's hilarious.

you pissed I keep posting that pic of your mom no doubt.

and you have to go by that place if you got to tampa from gaytorland so your mom gets lots of business.

you seem very very familiar with that place's location.

Orlando ptsd eh?

yes WDW IS mighty crowded the first week in June. Mighty crowded. nttawwt.

Back in the 90's, heading down I-75 from Atlanta, all you saw was billboards for Cafe Erotica in Warner Robbins and then after the Warner Robbins exit, billboards for Cafe Risque. My boss, at the time, wanted to stop in one of them, while on a road trip to Tampa. We stopped in Risque and one of the scrippas took my Bama hat off and rubbed it between her legs. I let her keep it. Did not want her crabs.
free crabs are at the publix in tallalalalahasseeee, jimbo out front shoulda told ya.

5 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Because the sports media  is intent on getting Norte Dame back into the playoff conversation knowing the committee buys  hype more than anything.    

So for review.   SEC media hype insures inflated rankings for six or seven of their teams beginning with the pre season polls going through the balance of the season as noted with aggy retaining their precious spot in the poll after scrapping by a team that got beat by San Jose fricken state the week before at HOME and almost lost it's HOME opener to an FCS team a couple of weeks earlier.  It helps Auburn (which will choke on it's chili real soon I predict  as they always do)  right now because the SEC media homers count their win over aggy as a "quality win."    And they will do the same for Bama next weekend when they play aggy.   

The build back Norte Dame hype began after their comeback from behind victory over Virginia on Saturday.   The same Virginia team who struggled against Old Dominion the week before and had trouble putting away a very weak Florida State team the week before that.  But somehow all this kept them in the rankings, thus a signature win on Norte Dame's resume.  So now be prepared starting this week for the build up Michigan narrative to begin and if they happen to beat Iowa on Saturday and then do the same a couple weeks later against Penn State, you can bet your bottom dollar they will be hyping up the Norte Dame/Michigan match up at the end of the month so in the event Norte Dame wins, they get another signature win because for the most part,  Norte Dame's remaining schedule is void of any real challenges.     At the end of the day, I don't think Michigan will beat both Iowa and Penn State because Harbaugh is dog crap.  But if they happen to pull those games out, then get ready they hype machine to go into overdrive.  

We would skull-fuck ND. I do agree with the desperation and media hype bs

4 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

If I've been reading my texags correctly, we would get the nod over lsu because a gritty loss to a powerful sec team is better than a win over a pansy ass b12 team.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

OU got the benefit of the doubt in 2015 and 2017 largely because of going and winning in Knoxville and Columbus.

Texas is very very likely to go to the playoff if they finish 12-1.

LSU in particular is benefitting from the Texas win. If they finish 11-1 with only a loss to Bama, they are a MUCH more viable playoff contender because of the Texas game than they had if they had just beaten random directional.

benefit of the doubt by winning in Knoxville?  LOL.

anyway...Any one loss SEC team with only loss to bama is in(assuming Bama wins the SEC champ game) if there are not 3 undefeated's regardless of OOC.  Texas will need to not only win one more game than LSU even has to play, it will have to beat OU twice.

LSU had to win that game to prevent a one loss Texas or a one loss OU from getting in over them.  they can possibly get in if OU beats Texas and then Texas beats OU but the drumbeat by ESPN to have Hurts playing Bama will be too much.

the Texas game was a virtual playoff game for LSU.

7 hours ago, utee94 said:

I don't think any of that matters.  ESPN's selection committee will put in the team they think will get the highest TV ratings, if they have ANY remotely credible reason to do so.  Texas turns on more TV sets, and a 12-1 conference champion Texas gives them plenty of leeway on their narrative to put Texas in, despite the H2H loss.  Texas would be a conference champ and LSU would not.  Texas' sole loss of the season would be in Game2, where LSU's would be later in the season.  They can craft that narrative and put in the team that drives better ratings, without batting an eye.

12-1 Texas beating OU twice would put them in over LSU unless OU has another loss.  long way to go but one can dream.

10 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I am starting to think this is the way to go actually....

Since Texas plays 9 conference games we should should schedule Duke, New Mexico State and Southern Miss just like Bama.

Might as well do what we did in 1906 and schedule some guy named Daniel Baker.  11 on 1 and the score was only 40-0.  The again in 1901 we lost to the mighty Kirksville Osteopaths.