AP Top 25

TrashMaster G

25 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
28 minutes ago, thepop said:
aggy being ranked is absurd sec BS

At this point it is completely obvious it's about giving bama another ranked win. There is nothing in their resume that suggests they should be ranked and there are many more deserving teams ranked below them. They'll hang out right there on the fringe until bama demolishes them, and it will later be used to bolster bama's resume because reasons.

Coaches poll is worse, aggy up to 21. 

4-0 Baylor would literally rape aggy, and that's just halftime festivities.  the game itself would not be close.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

AP Top 25.                                Mine

1. Alabama (29) (5-0).          1) Bama
2. Clemson (18) (5-0).          2) Suckeyes
3. Georgia (4) (4-0).              3) LSU
4. Ohio St. (7) (5-0)               4) Clemson
5. LSU (4-0).                           5) blOU
6. Oklahoma (4-0).                6) Auburn
7. Auburn (3) (5-0)                7) Jawja
8. Wisconsin (4-0).              😎 Whiskey
9. Notre Dame (3-1).            9) Texas

10. Florida (5-0).                   10) Penn State

11. Texas (3-1).                     11) Notre Dame
12. Penn St. (4-0).                 12) Florida

Whiskey is always #1

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Alabama will not play a ranked opponent until November 9th.    2 ranked matchups all year.

Fraudulently inflated ranking for aggy on full display.  

Playoff moving to 8 pretty much guarantees 2 SECx3 teams every year, but that's actually a good thing.  It forces them to play games against good teams from other conferences, something we don't see much of in their circle jerk, we are the best because we beat the most ranked teams in our own conference every year.  

28 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Fraudulently inflated ranking for aggy on full display.  

Playoff moving to 8 pretty much guarantees 2 SECx3 teams every year, but that's actually a good thing.  It forces them to play games against good teams from other conferences, something we don't see much of in their circle jerk, we are the best because we beat the most ranked teams in our own conference every year.  

8 teams will have 3 SEC teams more of then that not.  There’s enough room for everyone else to not complain behind that. 

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Alabama will not play a ranked opponent until November 9th.    2 ranked matchups all year.

trefiddy already posted, but 3.

aggy, crampkitty & barn.

Note for the purposes of this and future rants I will collectively refer to AP Voters and The Committee as "The Machine".

You can see how this works here on the espn LSU page:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/99/lsu-tigers

Even though we are today #11, click the above and you will see that eSIPn counts their win in austin as a top 10 win because at the time we were #9.  It's frozen and locked in for the rest of the year.

Observe, fellow surlyites, the locked-in win over a top-25 aggy in 2 weeks:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/333/alabama-crimson-tide

However, there is good news.  After aggy serve their sacrificial purpose the same day we are in Fair Park, secX3 attention will shift to klan aggy and the need to back them in to the committee's top 25, either just before they play bammer, or on the day of reckoning (december 3rd).  But one way or the other it WILL count as a Top 25 win for bammer.  Klan aggy would have to beat LSU in 3 weeks to be a legit top 25 by the time they play bammer 3 weeks after that.  But even if they did, aggy would still be in trouble because a loss to aggy would put pressure on a klan aggy top 25 ranking.  So let's examine the klan aggy schedule to see how the machine will function.

klan aggy remaining schedule:

5oct bye (3-2 but already a 3-2 secx3 top25 that also has a bye... i.e. aggy) .... would the machine dare to rank a SECOND 3-2 secx3 team IN TO the top 25, this time after a bye week?  ..... shirley no...... no.  no way.  Right?  No way.  Right.

12oct @ vols  WIN (4-2) .... would the machine actually tell us a win over Tennessee justifies ranking klan aggy?  At this point will there be another 2-loss secx3 with a better resume?  Okay, let's assume the machine can't resist... after all they didn't move them up when they didn't play last week, and they just destroyed an secx3 team.  Top 25.   Surely they can't enter the Top 25 in the high teens or 20-ish after a win over Tennessee.  Right?   #24 or #25, right?

19oct crampkitty.  LOSS (4-3).  It will likely be closer that many think, but no matter how close a game, they will be 4-3.  Do 3-loss teams appear in machine rankings 7 or 8 weeks in to the season?  Can you keep a #24 or #25 team in that slot after a loss?

26oct @aggy ?????  Before final predictions.... going to list the rest of their schedule

2nov @ pig WIN

9nov BYE

16nov bammer LOSS

23nov abilene christian WIN

28nov egg bowl ?????

working backwards to create the target outcome (i.e., a Top-25 klanaggy on 3 December)

you don't want to have to fix the eggbowl, especially in starkville

the machine won't move you up after a FCS win.  shirley.

if the machine didn't move them up after their first bye week, doing so a month later would look even more suspicious, so that can't happen.  shirley.

and if the machine ranks you #24 or #25 after a win over Tennessee, would they do it a second time after a win over pig when they will have at least 3 losses, even with a win over aggy?

the machine's least-obvious and easiest path to the target outcome: take care of the problem as soon as possible, be ahead of the curve, and hide the job in plain sight.

26 October @ aggy - bury it on SECN - kickoff at 11 or 230 against the heaviest competition that day, whatever it happens to be - call holding on aggy linebackers when klan aggy runs the ball, have the refs chest bump boomhauer, etc.  okay, on the last one it may be tough to find an umpire small enough to get the job done without looking obvious.  but still.

aggy are about to find out their place in the family hierarchy.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

At least one pretender will move down (2 spots) when Florida and Auburn play this weekend. 

It’s time to play 8 conference games in the big 12 and an FCS in November. 

It should be noted that the only 2 conferences to not miss the playoffs both use this scheduling strategy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Agree with your rankings.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

please tell me there is a scenario where at 7-5 or 6-6 they _have_ _to_ play a 1-loss smu in the texas bowl..... they can't back out, duck it, avoid it at all.

I don't think Boise goes undefeated. Smu has legit shot at ny6 game. 

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
2 hours ago, thepop said:
aggy being ranked is absurd sec BS

At this point it is completely obvious it's about giving bama another ranked win. There is nothing in their resume that suggests they should be ranked and there are many more deserving teams ranked below them. They'll hang out right there on the fringe until bama demolishes them, and it will later be used to bolster bama's resume because reasons.

Also gives Clemson a ranked win they desperately need. Between now and November 16th when they face Wake Forest, they play absolutely nobody.

11 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

The insane SEC obsession and hissy fits some of y’all have is embarrassing. Sure Bama will play 2 or 3 ranked teams. Clemson will play ZERO. ACC appears to have one top 40 team.

Michigan’s ranking is as egregious as Aggys.

Don’t like it? Go the fuck to some sooner board. Nobody’s sticking toothpicks in your eyelids making you read shit on our board. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

The insane SEC obsession and hissy fits some of y’all have is embarrassing. Sure Bama will play 2 or 3 ranked teams. Clemson will play ZERO. ACC appears to have one top 40 team.

Michigan’s ranking is as egregious as Aggys.

hey land thief, please spread your ass for us and we'll be using that plunger over there to suction your intestines out.   see you in 2 weeks, bee-yatch.

you should be #4 right now but we're not going to talk about that if you won't get off our lawn.  pummeling bammer is sport around here, right behind aggy and crampkitty.

• Like 2

So the Gata falls in the rankings after a win (second time this year)   Where are all the sec tinfoil hat guys when you need them!

PS I'm not saying the Gata is a top 10 team, I was just assured that this type of thing was unpossible.  Allbarn, corndog, & gawga will do terrible terrible things to gata Oline..  Thanks for Delance...  that dude sucks

14 minutes ago, Loco said:

So the Gata falls in the rankings after a win (second time this year)   Where are all the sec tinfoil hat guys when you need them!

PS I'm not saying the Gata is a top 10 team, I was just assured that this type of thing was unpossible.  Allbarn, corndog, & gawga will do terrible terrible things to gata Oline..  Thanks for Delance...  that dude sucks

Well, your writer ranked us the lowest out of all AP voters so eat a dick 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Loco said:

Gata has no business in the top 20.

None

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Well, your writer ranked us the lowest out of all AP voters so eat a dick 

Well "our writer" sucks shit through a straw, dude is a hack...  it's well known

6 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Gata has no business in the top 20.

None

That's a spicy take...  you might be right, but I think 15-17 ish is probably were they'll end the season.  We will get to find out.

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

@mopar if you posted already it's not rendering

AP Top 25

1. Alabama (29) (5-0)
2. Clemson (18) (5-0)
3. Georgia (4) (4-0)
4. Ohio St. (7) (5-0)
5. LSU (4-0)
6. Oklahoma (4-0)
7. Auburn (3) (5-0)
8. Wisconsin (4-0)
9. Notre Dame (3-1)
10. Florida (5-0)
11. Texas (3-1)
12. Penn St. (4-0)
13. Oregon (3-1)
14. Iowa (4-0)
15. Washington (4-1)
16. Boise St. (4-0)
17. Utah (4-1)
18. UCF (4-1)
19. Michigan (3-1)
20. Arizona St. (4-1)
21. Oklahoma St. (4-1)
22. Wake Forest (5-0)
23. Virginia (4-1)
24. SMU (5-0)
25. Texas A&M (3-2)
25. Michigan St. (4-1)

Why the shit are we behind ND? Fucking bullshit 

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

tOSU would fuck Georgia and Clemson's world. 

Don’t like it? Go the fuck to some sooner board. Nobody’s sticking toothpicks in your eyelids making you read shit on our board. 

Oh JFC hinge yourself. The SEC stuff that makes certain people have sore little pussies has nothing to do with this being a Texas board. Do you see me in Texas threads arguing and trolling? No? So get a goddamn grip.
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

is Texas headed for the Sugar bowl scenario again? suppose OU wins the Big12, Bama to the playoffs, then #2 Big 12 meets #2 SEC, true? Meaning Texas vs. GA again?

Fuck that, there's no redeeming quality to playing those fucks again.. or LSU, or Bama.  

Texas should get two chances to beat OUsux this season and that's all that matters to me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Texas should get two chances to beat OUsux this season and that's all that matters to me.

That's what you surly fellers need to be mojoing up.  I hate it, but we (Bama) are as thin at LB, OL, DL and experienced DBs as the mint John Cleese offered Monsieur Creosote.  Did you see Ole Miss hang 31 on us Saturday?  Unless big changes happen and soon, we are losing to LSU and the Boogs (heresy!).  AP #1 in September means less than a Trump tweet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

That's what you surly fellers need to be mojoing up.  I hate it, but we (Bama) are as thin at LB, OL, DL and experienced DBs as the mint John Cleese offered Monsieur Creosote.  Did you see Ole Miss hang 31 on us Saturday?  Unless big changes happen and soon, we are losing to LSU and the Boogs (heresy!).  AP #1 in September means less than a Trump tweet.

How the fuck do you have so many holes after a decade of #1 recruiting classes?

you should have dumped your coach on us when you had the chance.   Here's to hoping you keep the assistant coach carousel at full tilt and don't slide right into a good replacement ala tOSU or sooner.  

3 hours ago, maninblack said:

This shows the problem with the polls and committee...  

Taking a look at aggy, many votes come from out of market.  That's because 90 percent of the voters only watch 1 or 2 games (if that). Then they turn to ESPN to catch the breakdown of Saturday's action.  And we all know there is no bigger SEC sunshine pumper than ESPN. Even the editing of the game highlights are tinted when it comes to ESPN...  

Granted, 99 percent of the entire Nation is well aware of the ESPN--SEC favoritism, but out of market voters/writers have caved to peer pressure, so publicly fall in line with the ESPN tune.  Looking at voters this season (past couple of years), the further away from the SEC footprint, the  less likely an SEC team gets penalized for a loss. Voters way North/West don't follow SEC mid pack teams closely. So they go with the ESPN flow.  It reflects in the polls (especially pre polls) each year...  There is a reason dictators control the media in their countries, and it's no different here when the biggest sports content provider has it's own conference to pimp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Loco said:

Shut the fuck up. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Go defend Florida on your board. Don’t give a fuck. 

I'm a Texas grad, but also a life time Gata fan. They got Auburn, LSU, and Jawgia the next 4 weeks so you can finally get your big payoff.

Maybe their best players on offense and defense will be back though and the Gata shows the fuck up. Who knows. Either way, it's a win win, because Auburn, LSU, and Jawgia are all also ahead of Texas in the polls my dude.

Edited by Zavala
  • Fuck You 1