AP Top 25

TrashMaster G

B1G-7

SEC-6

Pac-5

ACC-2

B12-2

Maryland looks good so far.  tOSU might be better than 6th. Michigan way over ranked.  They Might be a top 20 team, not top 10. 

Gata ranked too high, probably barn too.  And while we are at it, move UGA down to 6-7 until they prove they can do something on par with the talent they have been collecting.  

USC might win the PAC.  Ha, probably Utah instead.  

ACC is Clemson.  That's it.   

The bottom of the P5 are starting to separate from the pack,  UCLA, Tenn and Miami fucking suck.  The tier above them is pretty damn large this year, a whole lot of bad teams.  After 2 weeks we are down to about 15 teams with a realistic shot at making the playoffs.  

Edited by Treefidy
Wrong MSU

18 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

really, this is one year we can not waste any energy at all on the polls.

win the league.  beat thieves twice.

win.

the.

fucking.

league.

nothing else matters.

it's like pool in the prem.  winning europe is irrelevant until they can win england.

win the league.

We can't let this slip

giphy.gif

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

2. Bama

3. UGA

4. LSU

5. OU

6. tOSU

7. ND

8. Auburn

9. Florida

when these teams were competing for a Sugar Bowl bid and possible national honors depending on how the bowls shook out, this would not have been a problem

when we decide everything by picking four teams for a playoff and rendering everything else a consolation prize, it's going to be a big fucking problem if the majority of the four slots end up filled by southeastern programs every year

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That's always the funny part about playing other ranked teams. You fall even if you do exactly what the ranking said you would do.

Its why the SEC scheduling strategy works. the only thing that matters is the number of losses you have. don't lose.  it doesn't matter who you schedule if you are in a P5  conference.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Most overrated = Penn State

Michigan it garbage and will struggle to make a bowl. Had they lost to Army, they would be 5-7.  They have no talent, not even the annual over-hyped Heisman candidate afaik. Wisconsin is going to steamroll them in 2 weeks.

They won't be ranked at the end of the year.

Edited by NowThis

23 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Michigan it garbage and will struggle to make a bowl. Had they lost to Army, they would be 5-7.  They have no talent, not even the annual over-hyped Heisman candidate afaik. Wisconsin is going to steamroll them in 2 weeks.

They won't be ranked at the end of the year.

I would take that bet. I'm not saying you have no basis for the opinion but I think you're reading way too much into yesterday's game and no offense but I doubt you watched enough of their season opener for it to be of much use to you. I know *I* didn't.

I do agree they have a relatively tough schedule against which losses could pile up quickly-- I didn't like the looks of that Michigan State-Indiana-Ohio State set to close the season when it was announced because it maximizes Indiana's chances, and they will have their hands full with Wisconsin, Notre Dame, and Penn State. Iowa has looked decent, Maryland is improved. I see plenty of potential losses, but I think it's wishcasting to look at the schedule right now and declare a bunch of Big Ten programs Michigan has done well against under Harbaugh are ALL going to have his number this year. It's sort of like how a good percentage of us look at A&M's schedule in any given year and say "6-6" and instead they go 8-4. 

I expect three losses and the Citrus Bowl for them. I think they're more similar to our 2007 team than our 2010 team.

Edit-- similar in terms of "shit, that wasn't a very good team, how'd it win ten games?", not comparing UM's talent at any position or in aggregate to what we had in 2007 and not saying they're poised for better things the following year as we were

Edited by SwanderedTalent

when these teams were competing for a Sugar Bowl bid and possible national honors depending on how the bowls shook out, this would not have been a problem
when we decide everything by picking four teams for a playoff and rendering everything else a consolation prize, it's going to be a big fucking problem if the majority of the four slots end up filled by southeastern programs every year
Thats why 4 is bullshit and fradulent. Gotta be 8 or 16 like the REAL playoff the smaller schools have had for decades.

Good post swanny.

22 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Meh, this gets brought up every season and hasn't happened. Something weird always happens.  Sure, we might have 2 sec teams in the playoffs, but 3 will never happen.  Unless the rest of the countrys teams turn to shit.  

2 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Meh, this gets brought up every season and hasn't happened. Something weird always happens.  Sure, we might have 2 sec teams in the playoffs, but 3 will never happen.  Unless the rest of the countrys teams turn to shit.  

I hope this ends up being right. I don't think it's good for fan interest in the sport if you combine "nothing matters until the end, nothing matters but the playoff" and "almost all of the teams the networks are going to consider compelling are in the southeast". And I don't want to see CFB turn into one of those sports where 98% of it goes by with no one noticing and then suddenly it's all anyone talks about for two weeks, like CBB. 

• Like 1

I bet ESPN mixed up Texas and A&M when they posted.

As for Clemson, I was not blown away by their team or their QB. I haven't seen Bama, but it looks to me like the top 6 or 7 teams are a mix. LSU looked damned good. 

Just like everybody else around here, I hope we use the LSU film to improve secondary play. If not, we'll have to find a way to get sacks to break up drives. 

We just may not be complete enough this year. Next year, we'll be a national monster.

Just now, VaLonghorn99 said:

Only 2 teams in the Big 12 ranked. That's turrible. TCU, WVA, Tech, OSU need to pull their weight.

Tech and K-State have looked pretty solid and will likely be ranked by the end of the season. I haven't watched OSU yet, but their scores make them seem like they might be pretty good. WVA is terrible.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:29 AM, TonyTexas said:

Yeah. Something isn’t jibing

ESPN Releases New Top 25 Following Week 2 https://thespun.com/college-football/espn-releases-new-top-25-following-week-2

One dropped lob pass in the end zone is the difference between 5 and 15?  I’m glad I don’t let this shit get to me. 

And LSU jumps to 3 after barely beating 15?

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

1 minute ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

One dropped lob pass in the end zone is the difference between 5 and 15?  I’m glad I don’t let this shit get to me. 

So a win over Texas moves LSU up into the top 3 in the country.  Damn - they must think pretty highly of Texas.

Scans the top 10...  15...  20...

Fuck this list.

OOC schedules for the rest of the B12 this year looks unfortunate ahead of conference play.  Oregon State, Purdue, UCLA, Moo State and Arizona might have been interesting during the years their contracts were inked but it isn't helping much this year.

Fortunately the PAC is nearly out of the picture altogether but the B1G might be showing a bit more parity this year than in the recent past.  I'll feel better if the SEC-W runner-up finishes with two losses and UGA drops one to Auburn or Florida, but not before running all over Notre Dame.

Edited by Gravy Train

WEEK 4Released September 15
RANK   TEAM PV RANK CONFERENCE POINTS

1000.png
Clemson (3-0) 1 ACC 1,545  

1000.png
Alabama (3-0) 2 SEC 1,488  

1000.png
Georgia (3-0) 3 SEC 1,386  

1000.png
LSU (3-0) 4 SEC 1,339  

Oklahoma (3-0) 5 Big 12 1,310  

1000.png
Ohio State (3-0) 6 Big Ten 1,292  

Notre Dame (2-0) 7 IA Independents 1,099  

1000.png
Auburn (3-0) 8 SEC 1,079  

1000.png
Florida (3-0) 9 SEC 959  

Utah (3-0) 11 Pac-12 929  

1000.png
Michigan (2-0) 10 Big Ten 917  

1000.png
Texas (2-1) 12 Big 12 888  

1000.png
Penn State (3-0) 13 Big Ten 726  

1000.png
Wisconsin (2-0) 14 Big Ten 726  

1000.png
UCF (3-0) 17 American Athletic 703  

1000.png
Oregon (2-1) 15 Pac-12 670  

1000.png
Texas A&M (2-1) 16 SEC 665  

1000.png
Iowa (3-0) 19 Big Ten 539  

1000.png
Washington State (3-0) 20 Pac-12 452  

1000.png
Boise State (3-0) 22 Mountain West 277  

1000.png
Virginia (3-0) 25 ACC 252  

1000.png
Washington (2-1) 23 Pac-12 183  

California (3-0)   Pac-12 164  

1000.png
Arizona State (3-0)   Pac-12 156  

1000.png
TCU (2-0)   Big 12 104  
Others receiving votes:
Kansas State 91, Oklahoma State 51, Army 50, Michigan State 37, Memphis 26, Wake Forest 14, Brigham Young 12, Iowa State 7, Temple 7, Mississippi State 4, Appalachian State 2, Minnesota 1

Kansas State and Oklahoma State not ranked? Based on what?

The Big 12 has five top 25 worthy teams: OU, TCU, Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State...with all due respect to Iowa State.

It is kind of joke the game next week is not a top 25 matchup.

Edited by Valmy77

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

We would whip Florida, Utah, Michigan and Auburn.

We would make Michigan's life miserable. I don't have a clue about Utah but they don't exactly strike fear into me. Florida, pretty sure we'd handle. Auburn's sort of an X-factor-- I felt like they were lucky to beat Oregon.

27 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Kansas State and Oklahoma State not ranked? Based on what?  The Big 12 has five top 25 worthy teams: OU, TCU, Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State...with all due respect to Iowa State.  It is kind of joke the game next week is not a top 25 matchup.

giphy.gif

Kansas State and Oklahoma State not ranked? Based on what?
The Big 12 has five top 25 worthy teams: OU, TCU, Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State...with all due respect to Iowa State.
It is kind of joke the game next week is not a top 25 matchup.

We don’t deserve Top 25. I think we’ll get there this year, but ain’t there yet