2018 - Elections and Trends

atomheartbevo

13 hours ago, RayDog said:

Since most progressives have been polling low I really like Abrams' chances. Gillum's too.

Bernie backed both of them early so those will be some important alliances going forward for the progressive movement.

Ain't going to fucking matter as he is still the acting SoS and we have no way to verify the accuracy of our votes. Florida seems much more likely.

On 9/6/2018 at 2:59 AM, RayDog said:

Healthcare, a higher minimum wage, free childcare, free college, better housing, prison reform, immigration reform, pot legalization, etc... appeal to minorities and non-minorities.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice a lot of progressive Democrats winning primaries are minorities. 

Those ideas appeal to everyone. They sound great. The problem is they don’t work. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Those ideas appeal to everyone. They sound great. The problem is they don’t work. 

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. They’re selling people a bill of goods, but if you put “free” in front of it, they’ll bite every time. 

• Like 1

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. They’re selling people a bill of goods, but if you put “free” in front of it, they’ll bite every time. 
Genuine question - How do you try take the high ground on fiscal responsibility with a straight face?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

So, just to make sure I have this straight, you think trump won because he promised the most free stuff? Other than the wall Mexico is going to pay for.

No, it’s more complex than that in my estimation. Mexico paying for the wall was part of the equation to be sure, though. 

Just now, Chrispy said:

The free wall was a bill of goods, I’m not sure where you’re confused. 

And the healthcare that was going to take care of everyone bigly? And all the jobs that were just going to come rolling in?

Republicans promise shit out of thin air

At least Democrats want to pay for their shit.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

And the healthcare that was going to take care of everyone bigly? And all the jobs that were just going to come rolling in?

Republicans promise shit out of thin air

At least Democrats want to pay for their shit.

Like I’ve said previously, I’m sure the Democrats have wonderful intentions. 

Republicans are like aggy with their holier than thou attitude. They think that all Democrats want welfare and free stuff from the government and they see themselves as morally above Democrats. It has always pissed me off.

And they are so full of themselves that they still feel this way after they elected and approve of Trump after all of the crap he has done.

• Like 1