Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

3 hours ago, Hornlover said:

His Hudl is pretty impressive. My favorite play is at 1:57. It's clear he's supposed to spy the QB and make sure he doesn't break contain. He does his assignment beautifully.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Fi30A

I had never heard of this kid but now I want him. There isnt a single false step in that film and he is immediately headed toward the ball on every snap.

• Hook 'Em 6

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I had never heard of this kid but now I want him. There isnt a single false step in that film and he is immediately headed toward the ball on every snap.

Looked him up on other services.  He's actually ranked everywhere outside of 247.  Other three services has him a high 3* (5.7 on Rivals, 88 on On3, 78 on ESPN).

58 minutes ago, Getafix said:

ON3 (when you see it...)

Spoiler

Orlando Edgewater running back Cedric Baxter is down to five schools.

The 6-foot-1, 205-pound four-star is the No. 36 prospect in the On3 Consensus. He is an elite talent, that was committed to his dream school, Florida State, early in the process. He backed off that pledge just over a year ago to re-evaluate his options and that has brought him to this point.

“I am down to Arkansas, Florida, Miami, Texas, and Texas A&M,” Baxter told On3. “This is it. There will be no more changes. I will take official visits to these schools and commit to one of them.”

Baxter has made a big decision to get it down to this select group, but the final decision is still a ways away.

“I have not scheduled any of my official visits yet, but I plan to take one or two in the summer, the rest during the season, then I will make my decision. In the end, it will probably be close to December before I commit, but it could happen sooner.”

Baxter has visited each school on his list at least two times already. Florida has had him on campus three times. Those visits played a role in getting him to this point.

“It was tough at first, but after taking the unofficial visits to these schools with my parents, I knew who the right schools were for me.

“These five schools fit me, they all recruit me hard, and I feel good on each campus.”

Baxter is the No. 1 running back in the On3 rankings and his NIL value is on the rise.

Baxter goes into detail about his final five
ARKANSAS: “Arkansas might surprise some, but it is not about the name all the time. It is about the fit and I like what Arkansas does at running back. Their running backs put up big numbers, they run the ball a lot, and their offense is very unique. Coach Sam Pittman is an offensive line guy, so he is big on the run. He is on me a lot and coach Smith recruits me hard too. I have been out there twice and I like it.”

FLORIDA: “The more I saw Florida, the more I liked them. The new staff has done a good job recruiting me and I like what they are doing with the team. I was there for a scrimmage and I liked the energy and how they worked the running backs. They used multiple backs, they ran a lot of zone and counter stuff, and I saw a good fit. Coach Billy Napier is hitting me up every day and coach Juluke is real with me, so the coaches are cool too.”

MIAMI: “Miami has a new coaching staff and that staff is a big reason why they are on the list. I like coach Smith a lot. He was recruiting me at Ole Miss, so I have known him for a while. He is a great recruiter and he really got to know me well. I like him and coach Mario Cristobal a lot. Coach Cristobal texts me every morning at 6am, he is very involved with me, and I really want to see how Miami does this season.”

TEXAS: “It is really about coach Choice with Texas. We have a great relationship. He is one of my favorite coaches. He is very relatable, he is genuine, and he is so easy to trust and talk to. Then, coach Choice played the position, he knows about running backs, and he would be great to play for. Coach Sark’s (Steve Sarkisian) runs a great offense too. It is balanced, it is more pro-style, and I think I could do well in it.”

TEXAS A&M: “I am talking to coach Jimbo Fisher daily. I grew up loving Florida State, he won a national title there, and I honestly see him as the G.O.A.T. He has A&M ready to win it all now too. They have the players, they all want it there, and I love the fit for me in what they run.”

19 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Probably gonna get deleted but don’t know if it’s a ‘23 or transfer (Mathis)

Why can't it be 8 recruits?

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Tre Wisner potentially 

Seriously?

Also, that's a lot of eyeballs emojis for Tre Wisner.