Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

I'll probably get some flack for this, but I'm not trolling.
Consider it a drunk /slash/ "unawares" post.

So, is it just me, or are the majority of extra-sized White Linemen going to be redheads?

Not all, but like 51+ % of them?

Edit:
Or at least, a much higher percentage than say... redheads in an accounting or data processing job.

No dis on those jobs.  
Well, not a big dis.

Hah, get it... "big".  

Edited by ATXbronco

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

We dumped our four kids at the hotel and went to Moonshine for a great CFS, Jalapeno Hangar Steak and cocktails. Crown & Anchor. Of course that’s where Nahlin would get himself depantsed by the staff. Very on brand, actually. 

Not sure I like your tone regarding Crown and Anchor here 🧐

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Mom and dad went to aggy. 

But has there been any indication that they ARE aggys?

I think that number might be low. It may be up to 5%’ers.  I have a bunch of Aggie friends that don’t worship dead collies, drink the Kool-aid, fuck sheep, celebrate moral victories, think Jimbo is a god or think they didn’t pay out the ass for that last recruiting class.  I don’t think they teach analytical thinking and logic in College Station so maybe the cultish lifestyle isn’t for everyone that goes there?

3 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

I think that number might be low. It may be up to 5%’ers.  I have a bunch of Aggie friends that don’t worship dead collies, drink the Kool-aid, fuck sheep, celebrate moral victories, think Jimbo is a god or think they didn’t pay out the ass for that last recruiting class.  I don’t think they teach analytical thinking and logic in College Station so maybe the cultish lifestyle isn’t for everyone that goes there?

Wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

The only normal aggies I know are the ones who missed or skipped fish camp for whatever reason 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

The only normal aggies I know are the ones who missed or skipped fish camp for whatever reason 

I know one who went to fish camp... Brainwashed.

I know one who transferred from blinn after soph year... Brainwashed.

And then there's the guy who did undergrad at UT and med school at a&m.  Not brainwashed. 

I think intelligence prior to college may be the biggest factor here...

I had a friend of mine who’s son goes to A&M.  He said fishcamp was a joke.  It was all kool-aid.  There was a ton of misinformation about Texas. His parents went to Texas and raised him with UT, so knew what was propaganda and bullshit. Kid got a nice scholarship so he took it.  His feedback was it was all fake. He thought everyone was stupid. I asked him if he still roots for Texas and the answer is yes.  Kid won’t attend an Aggie football game because he can’t stand them.  😂 I think there are more people like that at A&M.  It’s incredibly hard to get into Texas so they take their money and get a free education. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, RickysWeedDealer said:

Vince Young was fast, but not as fast in person.  Staff thinks Stephen McGee is the better option.  If they push, I think we'll get our man.  

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Ryan-Niblett-Top-7-Texas-AM-football-recruiting-Aldine-Eisenhower-182015072/

always funny how the narrative changes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

I know one who went to fish camp... Brainwashed.

I know one who transferred from blinn after soph year... Brainwashed.

And then there's the guy who did undergrad at UT and med school at a&m.  Not brainwashed. 

I think intelligence prior to college may be the biggest factor here...

If they were intelligent prior to college, they would not go to that shit hole.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

I had a friend of mine who’s son goes to A&M.  He said fishcamp was a joke.  It was all kool-aid.  There was a ton of misinformation about Texas. His parents went to Texas and raised him with UT, so knew what was propaganda and bullshit. Kid got a nice scholarship so he took it.  His feedback was it was all fake. He thought everyone was stupid. I asked him if he still roots for Texas and the answer is yes.  Kid won’t attend an Aggie football game because he can’t stand them.  😂 I think there are more people like that at A&M.  It’s incredibly hard to get into Texas so they take their money and get a free education. 

You get what you pay for.  At least he will have the aggy network to help set him up in the 77449 zip code with a nice tract home and a well placed insurance sales job.   

53 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

You get what you pay for.  At least he will have the aggy network to help set him up in the 77449 zip code with a nice tract home and a well placed insurance sales job.   

Dude, I mean this what I’ve always said about college football players at a major D1 program/ if this isn’t what your floor for life is you are doing it completely wrong. That’s a great floor!  Embrace that as winning in life if that’s your fallback position. 

3 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

It gets harder and harder every year to get into UT.  I know for a fact today I wouldn’t get in and I was class of 2010.

The standards from the 80’s when I graduated were much easier than today. You have to be Top 6% and at least a 34 on the ACT to get in. My buddy’s son was Top 10% and got a 34. Wasn’t good enough to get in but it got him a scholarship to A&M. Those were Rice and Ivy League standards when I was in HS.

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

The standards from the 80’s when I graduated were much easier than today. You have to be Top 6% and at least a 34 on the ACT to get in. My buddy’s son was Top 10% and got a 34. Wasn’t good enough to get in but it got him a scholarship to A&M. Those were Rice and Ivy League standards when I was in HS.

Provisional summer program here. You needed a high school degree and then a 2.25 over 12 summer hours. I think that was the last year that existed (1994).