Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

6 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I’m not a sky is falling guy at all but there ain’t no way to sell Arch on this roster. It’s trash. Bijan and worthy then pure trash. 

This roster doesn't really matter for Arch. He's 2 years from even arriving on campus. Plus there's the portal.

With that said, what a time for Sark to have his worst playcalling performance of the year (in the 2nd half at least). That's what I'm more worried about coming out of this game for Arch

Edited by Tex-19

11 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Jesus H Christ.  The sky is falling bullshit is a drain.  We lost a game.  These kids will see an opportunity to play. No on knows what these kids think and it sure as hell isn't the $9.95 retards.  

This. I'm guilty of it too but kind of crazy that high school kids are more measured than adult fans when it comes to game reactions.

Arch's team scored 7 points in a loss on Thursday. Shit happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

This. I'm guilty of it too but kind of crazy that high school kids are more measured than adult fans when it comes to game reactions.

Arch's team scored 7 points in a loss on Thursday. Shit happens. 

Exactly.  Today showed that we need a better OL and more playmakers.  We need better DL play, LB, and Safeties that don't over run plays and can tackle. These kids want to play.  Dabo struggled his first 3 years at Clemson.  He went 19-15.  Do you think they would want a redo and fire him after 3 seasons?  Did the players not come?  No. The over reaction is laughable.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Harvdog said:

Exactly.  Today showed that we need a better OL and more playmakers.  We need better DL play, LB, and Safeties that don't over run plays and can tackle. These kids want to play.  Dabo struggled his first 3 years at Clemson.  He went 19-15.  Do you think they would want a redo and fire him after 3 seasons?  Did the players not come?  No. The over reaction is laughable.

Yep. I mean, look, this will cause some recruits to cool on us. No doubt about it. But a lot of them know that close losses to two top 15 teams isn't so bad, especially for a first year coach. They know that a bad offensive performance against a top 10 defense can happen. Not to mention some recruits don't even care that much about wins/losses (ie anyone going to Stanford or like Walter Nolen if he goes to Tennessee). And like you said, it's pretty easy to see some of the personnel limitations that are leading to the losses. Plug a few of those holes (mainly OL) and even with the sketchy coaching, the last two weeks would've been wins and we'd be a top 10 team. 

Ultimately, we don't need a top 5 class this year. We just need enough to fix some of the glaring issues, which will then allow us to win 9-10 games in future years, which will then allow us to get those top 5 classes. 

And btw, it's not just Dabo. I posted this before but coaches in their first year:

Saban: LSU, 7-4. Bama, 6-6

Kirby: 7-5

Jimbo (Aggy): 8-4 

Fickell: 4-8

Franklin: 6-6

Just now, alphahorn said:

Exactly, it was perfect timing, makes him more empathetic.  At least we hope it does

Sark is playing chess. Stunk it up on purpose to relate to him lol

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Octavian said:

Lol. Now we get to the point where people thinking dropping the word fuck makes their point better. Bravo.

Look dumbass. If you admitted in your original post that you don’t think Texas has worse QB development or opportunities ex-NIL and then say that NIL is the reason that Arch/the Mannings would pick Notre Dame over Texas, you’re inherently implying that NIL maximization has to be so good that it outweighs everything else. I was assuming you thought the Mannings were rational people. I was also assuming you were a rational person because otherwise your assertion was logically doomed from the start, but I guess you’re admitting you’re regarded. How’s that for reading comprehension?

Then you go on to try and defend ND’s NIL honor in a couple of other posts. This is a doomed struggle from the start considering ND is the blue blood with the worst media engagement based on several social media engagement rankings, and considered to be behind on NIL as well.

Comparing ND to being on par with Georgia? Are you dumb (this is rhetorical because you clearly are)?

Typing in all caps and dropping some expletives shouldn’t let you get away with idiocy. 

You’re a fucking moron who I hope doesn’t have a degree from Texas. We should all punch your dad in the face for not finishing in your mother’s ass, you illiterate self-important imbecile. Nothing I’ve ever said suggests that I think Notre Dame is a threat for Arch’s commitment, yet you feel the need to set up a straw man so you can pontificate in the most delusional manner possible that Notre Dame has little to no value to a recruit interested in branding. I know responding to you is a waste of time, as I’m not able to do so in crayon and you will continue to apply the worst interpretation of the English language since my two year old tried to read Gone With the Wind, so I’ll finish by hoping your thimble-sized gene pool evaporates before you’re able to curse the human race with another illiterate half-wit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

You’re a fucking moron who I hope doesn’t have a degree from Texas. We should all punch your dad in the face for not finishing in your mother’s ass, you illiterate self-important imbecile. Nothing I’ve ever said suggests that I think Notre Dame is a threat for Arch’s commitment, yet you feel the need to set up a straw man so you can pontificate in the most delusional manner possible that Notre Dame has little to no value to a recruit interested in branding. I know responding to you is a waste of time, as I’m not able to do so in crayon and you will continue to apply the worst interpretation of the English language since my two year old tried to read Gone With the Wind, so I’ll finish by hoping your thimble-sized gene pool evaporates before you’re able to curse the human race with another illiterate half-wit. 

full price

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Thanks for bringing out the superfluous vocabulary - I can tell I hit a nerve. I’m sorry for your two year old that they have to deal with you as an example for the rest of their life because you clearly have a paper-thin self-confidence that manifests in needing to attack a person who points out your flaws instead of actually clarifying your logic. I’m sure you’re one of those people who barely got into UT and has held it as a proof-point of their intellect considering how often you feel the need to establish your mental superiority. All of those posts where you feel the need to correct people’s grammar make a lot more sense now. Godspeed to you and your family because they need it if this post is any indication of your temperament.

Edited by Octavian

Im not a sunshine pumper, but the non football elements of Mannings visit went very well. Dont know how that factors in with our bed shitting, but people laid out the red carpet for him. Austin is still Austin, and our greek scene is better than any other school he's considering. (Which matters to him). He told his UT buddies he loves Texas. 

this isn't over malcolm jamal warner GIF by The Resident on FOX

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

IT 

Spoiler

We’ll be working on this the rest of the day and may have a little more in the Scoop. I’m hoping we do because we don’t yet have a great feel for the football component of the visit. Some may think that was the most important aspect about the weekend but we aren’t so sure.

As we mentioned in the Arch Humidor, this visit was as much about campus life and what it’s like to attend the school. By all accounts, Texas acquitted itself extremely well. He feels comfortable there and liked that he was treated like a normal guy. From what it sounds like, his parents have done a great job keeping him level-headed. He’s not a fan of the big-to-do, e.g., people painting their chests to read We Want Arch. That’s not his style.

He was with his Newman teammate Will Randle (2023 TE) the whole time and Randle also enjoyed himself. Randle’s a bit more outgoing. There’s a solid chance the two play together in college but the LSU hire will be interesting when it comes him (and perhaps Arch, though I’m personally skeptical). Texas is definitely a player for Randle after the weekend.

Given Arch’s comfort in Austin and at UT, Texas still feels pretty good about its overall position. However, Georgia continues to be mentioned (he does like Athens) and selling him as the missing piece to the elusive Georgia National Championship is pretty easy to do.

We did hear speculation the football component didn’t take a huge hit this weekend. I think the Mannings have a pretty good understanding of the issues facing Sark and feel he’s capable of addressing them.

• Hook 'Em 3