Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Sadly, it does not appear to be the case, as he's doubled down.

QBs that start as freshmen are not rare. Do they all dominate? No. But plenty come in immediately and start. That considered, most are looking for a situation where they can come in for a year and then be the man, unless they show up and simply outshine everyone else.

Card has shown literally nothing to indicate that he'll be better in the future than one of the highest rated recruits in the past decade. 

Murphy may wind up fine, but he has above average risk of being a complete flop. He's got an elite arm and physique to go with cement block feet and defensive illiteracy and mechanics that break down the moment he sense pressure, and that's all with a decade of personal training/mentoring by people who know their shit. 

True, Murphy is boom or bust. Maybe it isn't definitive, but I think Card will develop. I think he just needs to get a handle on the offense and settle into the position some more. He was solid in the opener and shit himself on the road in a hostile environment behind a bad oline. I don't think it writes him off forever. Look, Arch could very well wind up the best case in 2023. I just hope one of the 3 QBs taken before Arch pans out. I don't want to trot out our 5 star phenom behind an eternally fcs-level o-line and ruin him before he's really ready. 

Edited by Bevo14

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

What has Brian Kelly done that warrants that type of respect from a high school QB? 

It’s more the NIL angle and the opportunity to grow the Manning brand that I could see being attractive. Obviously QB development isn’t the sole qualification being considered. See Georgia. And that’s also why I said he wouldn’t pick them. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

44 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

It’s more the NIL angle and the opportunity to grow the Manning brand that I could see being attractive. Obviously QB development isn’t the sole qualification being considered. See Georgia. And that’s also why I said he wouldn’t pick them. 

You think Notre Dame has a better NIL angle than Texas?

Imagine being a Manning, being the starting QB at Texas, bringing a bunch of other talent with you to UT, and then potentially getting Texas back in the spotlight. Also imagine Sark is your developer as a QB. 

In what world is Notre Dame going to top that upside for NIL? I mean it is entirely reasonable that Arch ends up bagging sponsorships from very big brands in Austin if he is really successful at UT. Being in a Tesla commercial not too out of the question. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

57 minutes ago, Octavian said:

You think Notre Dame has a better NIL angle than Texas?

Imagine being a Manning, being the starting QB at Texas, bringing a bunch of other talent with you to UT, and then potentially getting Texas back in the spotlight. Also imagine Sark is your developer as a QB. 

In what world is Notre Dame going to top that upside for NIL? I mean it is entirely reasonable that Arch ends up bagging sponsorships from very big brands in Austin if he is really successful at UT. Being in a Tesla commercial not too out of the question. 

I want you to go to my post and find the part where I said they have a better NIL than Texas. Please find anything remotely close to such a suggestion. Some of you mother fuckers have the reading comprehension of a fucking chair. 

My point was pretty simple: Notre Dame would provide a good opportunity for NIL and marketing. I stand by it. It would not be better than Texas. I doubt any school would be better. Brian Kelly is not the QB coach or offensive genius that Sark is. No school offers more of the things the Mannings value than Texas. However, the Mannings have still CONSIDERED other schools that have benefits on par with Notre Dame, such as Georgia. Therefore, I COULD SEE MANNING CONSIDERING THE SCHOOL, BUT I COULD NOT SEE HIM GOING THERE. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Oh please.  I guess all those business and branding opportunities in South Bend are just too good to pass up?  That's some serious Catholic wishcasting.

You don’t think the national brand that is Notre Dame is a branding opportunity? You don’t think the one school that has managed to maintain its independence and work out its own television deal because they represent Catholics coast to coast could provide a decent NIL angle? Ok…

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

You don’t think the national brand that is Notre Dame is a branding opportunity? You don’t think the one school that has managed to maintain its independence and work out its own television deal because they represent Catholics coast to coast could provide a decent NIL angle? Ok…

I don't think the Mannings are interested in Arch spending 3 years in podunk Indiana, no.  They have businesses that they want to expand into major, growing, dynamic cities.  Tell me what part of that screams South Bend.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, cafe society said:

I don't think the Mannings are interested in Arch spending 3 years in podunk Indiana, no.  They have businesses that they want to expand into major, growing, dynamic cities.  Tell me what part of that screams South Bend.

So the limits of the NIL/brand maximization stop at the south bend city limits. You clearly get it. And regardless of that, no, there is no indication the Mannings are infested in Notre Dame, nor have I ever suggested they were. I think we’re done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

I haven’t heard one mention of ND in Arch’s recruitment. And now some friend of a friend of the portapotty girl drops this knowledge on us? giphy.gif

Don't underestimate the NIL capabilities of a bunch of nuns. They have access to every collection plate worldwide.

7 hours ago, cafe society said:

Clemson, SC ain’t exactly a bustling metropolis, yet Dr. Pepper, a Texas based company, paid DJU a million bucks in an NIL deal. 

Arch ain’t going to ND, but it isn’t because of the lack of NIL potential. More likely it’s because he doesn’t want to go north, doesn’t want to play for Brian Kelly, and doesn’t want to lose out on recruits because of ND’s academic standards. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Chili dog said:

I want you to go to my post and find the part where I said they have a better NIL than Texas. Please find anything remotely close to such a suggestion. Some of you mother fuckers have the reading comprehension of a fucking chair. 

My point was pretty simple: Notre Dame would provide a good opportunity for NIL and marketing. I stand by it. It would not be better than Texas. I doubt any school would be better. Brian Kelly is not the QB coach or offensive genius that Sark is. No school offers more of the things the Mannings value than Texas. However, the Mannings have still CONSIDERED other schools that have benefits on par with Notre Dame, such as Georgia. Therefore, I COULD SEE MANNING CONSIDERING THE SCHOOL, BUT I COULD NOT SEE HIM GOING THERE. 

Lol. Now we get to the point where people thinking dropping the word fuck makes their point better. Bravo.

Look dumbass. If you admitted in your original post that you don’t think Texas has worse QB development or opportunities ex-NIL and then say that NIL is the reason that Arch/the Mannings would pick Notre Dame over Texas, you’re inherently implying that NIL maximization has to be so good that it outweighs everything else. I was assuming you thought the Mannings were rational people. I was also assuming you were a rational person because otherwise your assertion was logically doomed from the start, but I guess you’re admitting you’re regarded. How’s that for reading comprehension?

Then you go on to try and defend ND’s NIL honor in a couple of other posts. This is a doomed struggle from the start considering ND is the blue blood with the worst media engagement based on several social media engagement rankings, and considered to be behind on NIL as well.

Comparing ND to being on par with Georgia? Are you dumb (this is rhetorical because you clearly are)?

Typing in all caps and dropping some expletives shouldn’t let you get away with idiocy. 

16 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Lol. Now we get to the point where people thinking dropping the word fuck makes their point better. Bravo.

Look dumbass. If you admitted in your original post that you don’t think Texas has worse QB development or opportunities ex-NIL and then say that NIL is the reason that Arch/the Mannings would pick Notre Dame over Texas, you’re inherently implying that NIL maximization has to be so good that it outweighs everything else. I was assuming you thought the Mannings were rational people. I was also assuming you were a rational person because otherwise your assertion was logically doomed from the start, but I guess you’re admitting you’re regarded. How’s that for reading comprehension?

Then you go on to try and defend ND’s NIL honor in a couple of other posts. This is a doomed struggle from the start considering ND is the blue blood with the worst media engagement based on several social media engagement rankings, and considered to be behind on NIL as well.

Comparing ND to being on par with Georgia? Are you dumb (this is rhetorical because you clearly are)?

Typing in all caps and dropping some expletives shouldn’t let you get away with idiocy. 

step brothers wtf GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Clemson, SC ain’t exactly a bustling metropolis, yet Dr. Pepper, a Texas based company, paid DJU a million bucks in an NIL deal. 

Arch ain’t going to ND, but it isn’t because of the lack of NIL potential. More likely it’s because he doesn’t want to go north, doesn’t want to play for Brian Kelly, and doesn’t want to lose out on recruits because of ND’s academic standards. 

Let's see here if we can figure out why Clemson would stand out as a metropolitan outlier for a stud QB while South Bend wouldn't.

16 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

All this talk about uncles, is there any proof that Peyton and Eli give a shit where Arch goes?   

Anthropological studies show that in cultures where family-based clans thrive, tribal elders often hold sway during communal gatherings...

Edited by Junior Bonner
  • Haha 1