Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

9 hours ago, Cashcar said:

I’d love to be wrong and love to see Arch sign with us. If we had a competent Oline I’d even be somewhat confident. However, I just don’t see why the Manning clan lets Arch come here to get his shit pushed in with our Oline. 

Again, truly hope I’m wrong. Perhaps Flood will get off his ass and actually sign a top tier OL class. 

Maybe the Manning s have looked at Casey Thompsons development and trust that Sark will eventually fix the OL?   Have you seen Casey’s numbers?

Casey Thompson is the fourth most efficient quarterback in the country with an ok but not great arm, a piss poor offensive line and an unspectacular receiving corps. If that isn't a huge selling point for what Sark can do with a quarterback at Texas (not to mention what he did with the Alabama offense) then I don't know what is.

It's just fucking bizarre to me that some people think that Texas having a shit offensive line would dissuade a quarterback from coming to Texas more than the fact that Georgia runs a prehistoric offense and despite becoming the 1B recruiting power in college football still hasn't developed a quarterback under Kirby. 

If you want to play for a coach who will help you develop for the next level you go play for Sark. If you want literally everything else right now you go to Georgia. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, futureman said:

no what are they?

plural noun:

1. an arithmetical value, expressed by a word, symbol, or figure, representing a particular quantity and used in counting and making calculations and for showing order in a series or for identification.

2. a quantity or amount
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

A) This exact shit was written about Simms and Tennessee in the 1999 recruiting cycle. 

B) Who the fuck has Georgia produced justifying your take in your mind? Justin Fields? Nope. Fromm? Right. Eason? Holy shit. You’re aware that Kirby Smart’s regime didn’t coach Matt Stanford, right?

C) Your posts have a lot more value when you have the hot ass chick in various bikini shots in your avatar. Maybe go add that, take some time to regroup after a terrible post, and come back better in the future?

Matt Stanford….son of a bitch! 
triggered GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Cashcar said:

And where is the future Oline talent coming from? Right now the jury is still out on Flood as a recruiter. There is certainly time for him to change the narrative, but at present his recruiting ability (granted I get our NIL shortcomings play a major role) is not superb. 

I get it man, you have ptsd lol. The Manning’s are confident that wherever arch commits then talent will also follow him. If they choose sark’s qb skills then the OL will commit or portal here. Problem solved. Now take an ambien and instead of using tears to jerk off try some coconut oil or something. It’s refreshing and good for your skin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I get it man, you have ptsd lol. The Manning’s are confident that wherever arch commits then talent will also follow him. If they choose sark’s qb skills then the OL will commit or portal here. Problem solved. Now take an ambien and instead of using tears to jerk off try some coconut oil or something. It’s refreshing and good for your skin. 

He’s an aggy

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Casey Thompson is the fourth most efficient quarterback in the country with an ok but not great arm, a piss poor offensive line and an unspectacular receiving corps. If that isn't a huge selling point for what Sark can do with a quarterback at Texas (not to mention what he did with the Alabama offense) then I don't know what is.

It's just fucking bizarre to me that some people think that Texas having a shit offensive line would dissuade a quarterback from coming to Texas more than the fact that Georgia runs a prehistoric offense and despite becoming the 1B recruiting power in college football still hasn't developed a quarterback under Kirby. 

If you want to play for a coach who will help you develop for the next level you go play for Sark. If you want literally everything else right now you go to Georgia. 

Not to mention, Mac Jones is currently performing the best out of all the rookie QBs in the NFL.  Not only did Sark maximize the talents of an unheralded 3-star while he was in school, but he also set him up with the tools to succeed at the next level.  I assure you that is the type of shit that the Mannings notice.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, closetojumping said:

I can't figure out whether it is a schtick with you or if you really believe that any poster taking a position counter to your worldview is an aggie. The cashcar guy has been fine as a poster on this board for some time, outside of this tangent yesterday.

Yeah, you're an aggy. 

-Tex Pete probably

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Neg bombing a guy because he thinks our paper thin O Line will hurt us while recruiting a 5 star QB is peak recruiting forum.  This place can be so aggy at times.

I didn't neg him, but he didn't just say it would hurt, he went full satya-caliber sky-is-falling abondon-all-hope with his taek.

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I can't figure out whether it is a schtick with you or if you really believe that any poster taking a position counter to your worldview is an aggie. The cashcar guy has been fine as a poster on this board for some time, outside of this tangent yesterday.

Well, he really melted down yesterday and kept at it. If he isn't one of them, I apologize, but I have watched scores of them flame out on their own over the years.

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I didn't neg him, but he didn't just say it would hurt, he went full satya-caliber sky-is-falling abondon-all-hope with his taek.

Exactly. Just a negative take to have any opinion. "Look how good our offense is performing, and we haven't even had time to clean up the OL yet."

Jeremy Crabtree: The first expert predictions from the industry for Arch Manning

The recruitment of five-star 2023 quarterback Arch Manning of New Orleans Isadore Newman has created plenty of national buzz. Arch Manning is the son of Cooper Manning, the nephew of Petyon and Eli, and the grandson of Archie. Peyton, Eli and Archie were All-SEC stars who reached the NFL. Eli won two Super Bowl MVPs, while Peyton landed in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The latest Manning has plenty of offers across the nation, and he has never talked about favorites, but the schools talked about the most this fall have been Alabama,  Clemson, Georgia, Ole Miss and Texas. Manning previously said he could visit local Tulane and remains in contact with LSU and Stanford as well.

The battle for Manning’s commitment is shaping up to be one of the biggest in recent memory, and the On3 experts have made the first predictions in the industry on where he might end up. While the confidence level is low from most, there is a current consensus on the program most likely to land his pledge.

On3 Director of Recruiting Chad Simmons

“I like Texas at this stage. Although he had very good visits to Alabama and Georgia this fall, and Clemson and Ole Miss are in this, Steve Sarkisian has really connected with Manning. The buzz really seems to be with the Longhorns. It is because of Sarkisian, his offense, and how he has recruited the No. 1 junior in the country.”

Prediction: Texas
Confidence Percentage: 40%

On3 Senior National Recruiting Analyst Gerry Hamilton

“Steve Sarkisian’s resume as an offensive mind and developer of quarterbacks is huge. Similar to David Cutcliffe in the recruitments of Peyton Manning and Eli Manning… One thing is absolutely known – Arch Manning will break NIL records, and set a very high bar in that regard. I predict he will do that at the University of Texas. The reason for the Texas pick is the fit with Steve Sarkisian’s offense and resume, the Longhorns moving to the SEC in the next year or two, and the quarterback room is very favorable on Manning’s timeline.”

Confidence Percentage: 65%

DawgsHQ Senior Recruiting Analyst Jake Reuse

“Right now, I’m leaning toward Texas being the pick for Manning. I don’t think he’s locked in to any decision at this point, but Steve Sarkisian has done a great job and is one of the game’s great offensive minds. Right behind them, I think it’s Ole Miss. Georgia is in the mix, but I don’t love their chances right now.”

Confidence Percentage: 30%

ClemsonSports Recruiting Reporter Joseph Hastings

“I’m leaning toward Texas right now as well. Steve Sarkisian has done a great job of pursuing Manning, and him going to see the five-star on Thursday shows how much of a priority he is for the program. The opportunity for Manning to turn Texas football around — which wouldn’t necessarily be the case at traditional powerhouses like Alabama or Clemson —  could also play a role here. I’m not ruling out any of his other contenders since Manning is taking a patient approach, but I’m giving the Longhorns the edge right now.”

Confidence Percentage: 35%

Inside Texas Publisher Eric Nahlin

“The school (Texas) itself has always been palatable to the Mannings, dating back to Cooper and Eli as recruits. We at [Inside Texas] believe the third time will be the charm for UT and the Mannings with confidence rising with each passing month since Steve Sarkisian was hired in January. I’ll readily concede Texas has less margin for error than more recently established programs like Georgia, Alabama, and Clemson, but Texas has been a constant in the recruitment and Sarkisian has done nothing to hurt his reputation as an offensive mind and developer of quarterbacks.”

Confidence Percentage: 75%

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

re: talent for Manning. Someone posted the visit list for this weekend on the 22 thread and it's pretty stout for 2023. Multiple top WRs, OLs, and Rueben. Obviously won't get a bunch of 23 commits this early, but you'd have to think just seeing all that interest will help give the Mannings a little more comfort that the talent will come. 

23 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

re: talent for Manning. Someone posted the visit list for this weekend on the 22 thread and it's pretty stout for 2023. Multiple top WRs, OLs, and Rueben. Obviously won't get a bunch of 23 commits this early, but you'd have to think just seeing all that interest will help give the Mannings a little more comfort that the talent will come. 

Isaiah Robinson appears to be the only high end Tackle for this class in-state so hopefully he is a priority unless we are in good early shape with an OOS Tackle??

Guys like Sewell, Shanahan, Deal are all interior guys I think?  Not sure on the guy we recently offered.

27 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Very interesting that the UGA reporter thinks Ole Miss is #2 and doesn't like UGA's chances. That would be a surprise to me.

The Georgia situation is interesting regarding Manning. 

1) The Atlanta market is dense with corporate power. It's also arguably the capital of The South. There is a fucking ton of NIL value for a legit star as a brand ambassador. If you think about markets that can compete in that vein, they're Austin, Los Angeles, Chicago?, Miami? Not sure of anyone else. I'm talking about with potentially relevant colleges and market exposure. No one gives a shit about CFB in Seattle or San Fran. NYC doesn't have a local favorite. I don't know. To me and others with whom I've spoken, it seems like it Austin, Los Angeles, Atlanta (UGa) and everyone else. 

2) There aren't whispers about Georgia's inability to do much for QBs in the recruiting world. There are shouts. I don't even know how that gets combatted any time soon. 

3) Georgia is outright slimy. The Mannings may reside in the slimiest city in the slimiest state, so they know it when they see it. Behind Smart's thin veneer of Good Ol'Boy, he's a weaselly shitheel. To some personality types, it's repellant. 

4) Georgia is landing elite talent at almost every position.

5) Georgia's OC situation looks like it will remain fluid, as Monken isn't viewed as someone who's looking to buy in Athens. 

6) Georgia hasn't won hardware in 41 years and while they look like the big dog this season, the smart money should be on Kirby Smart fucking it up somewhere along the way, even with 11 starters on defense who will play in the NFL.

So, it's a mixed bag for sure.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) The Atlanta market is dense with corporate power. It's also arguably the capital of The South. There is a fucking ton of NIL value for a legit star as a brand ambassador. If you think about markets that can compete in that vein, they're Austin, Los Angeles, Chicago?, Miami? Not sure of anyone else. I'm talking about with potentially relevant colleges and market exposure. No one gives a shit about CFB in Seattle or San Fran. NYC doesn't have a local favorite. I don't know. To me and others with whom I've spoken, it seems like it Austin, Los Angeles, Atlanta (UGa) and everyone else. 

2) There aren't whispers about Georgia's inability to do much for QBs in the recruiting world. There are shouts. I don't even know how that gets combatted any time soon. 

3) Georgia is outright slimy. The Mannings may reside in the slimiest city in the slimiest state, so they know it when they see it. Behind Smart's thin veneer of Good Ol'Boy, he's a weaselly shitheel. To some personality types, it's repellant. 

5) Georgia's OC situation looks like it will remain fluid, as Monken isn't viewed as someone who's looking to buy in Athens. 

6) Georgia hasn't won hardware in 41 years and while they look like the big dog this season, the smart money should be on Kirby Smart fucking it up somewhere along the way, even with 11 starters on defense who will play in the NFL.

1. LA doesn't care about football either.

2. Texas or the field?  Who are you taking?

I don’t think Arch is going to put a lot of stock in the NIL thing. Daddy has done quite well in life and Arch does not now and never will want for anything. He also seems to be cut from the same cloth as his uncles and dad in that he is quite cerebral in his decisions and actions. I can’t see a short term gain (NIL) outweigh long term success (NFL readiness and pedigree). Just my $0.02. All this and $1.99 will get you a Tallsup and two beef n’ bean burritos. 

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

1. LA doesn't care about football either.

2. Texas or the field?  Who are you taking?

Regarding LA, the difference is the uniqueness of that city to exposure in general. When USC was good, their guys were getting on tv, in magazines and in gossip columns anyway. Now with NIL? Once USC or UCLA (yeah, I know, right) ascends to top 10 status again, guys will be printing money on the roster.

Regarding Texas or the field, give me Texas. That's my short answer and I hate equivocators on such trivial stuff as predictions, so there it is.

That said, my longer answer is that Texas needs to win this weekend and put up 10 wins on the season with the continuation of big offensive numbers. Other schools, neverminding other shit they're touting against Sarkisian, or the usual tropes about Texas, are hammering the Seven Win Steve moniker he earned from UW and USC HC'ing.

One thing Mack Brown did really well early was start stacking 9+ win seasons on top of one another. "He can't win the big one" is an easier thing to work against than "He can't get you to the big one". I'd prefer to be thinking of Steve Sarkisian as "Sugar Bowl Steve" who is being taunted for just missing getting into the playoffs than defending "Sun Bowl Steve" after multiple finishes of 4th or 5th in the conference. 

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I don’t think Arch is going to put a lot of stock in the NIL thing. Daddy has done quite well in life and Arch does not now and never will want for anything. He also seems to be cut from the same cloth as his uncles and dad in that he is quite cerebral in his decisions and actions. I can’t see a short term gain (NIL) outweigh long term success (NFL readiness and pedigree). Just my $0.02. All this and $1.99 will get you a Tallsup and two beef n’ bean burritos. 

It would be a mistake to think that the Mannings are about anything ahead of money and brand, which are intrinsically tied together in their empire building story. I mean, they may like Sarkisian a lot, but Texas is in it because they think Texas is a gold mine for their brand and dynasty. Archie wanted Eli at Texas for a reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

One thing I've noticed in life, is that people with a lot of money like it, and usually want more

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding LA, the difference is the uniqueness of that city to exposure in general. When USC was good, their guys were getting on tv, in magazines and in gossip columns anyway. Now with NIL? Once USC or UCLA (yeah, I know, right) ascends to top 10 status again, guys will be printing money on the roster.

Regarding Texas or the field, give me Texas. That's my short answer and I hate equivocators on such trivial stuff as predictions, so there it is.

That said, my longer answer is that Texas needs to win this weekend and put up 10 wins on the season with the continuation of big offensive numbers. Other schools, neverminding other shit they're touting against Sarkisian, or the usual tropes about Texas, are hammering the Seven Win Steve moniker he earned from UW and USC HC'ing.

One thing Mack Brown did really well early was start stacking 9+ win seasons on top of one another. "He can't win the big one" is an easier thing to work against than "He can't get you to the big one". I'd prefer to be thinking of Steve Sarkisian as "Sugar Bowl Steve" who is being taunted for just missing getting into the playoffs than defending "Sun Bowl Steve" after multiple finishes of 4th or 5th in the conference. 

True we're a fickle crowd but we LOVE  a winner.

Edited by closetohumping
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Watch out for the darkhorse Northwestern.

Just now, closetojumping said:

It would be a mistake to think that the Mannings are about anything ahead of money and brand, which are intrinsically tied together in their empire building story. I mean, they may like Sarkisian a lot, but Texas is in it because they think Texas is a gold mine for their brand and dynasty. Archie wanted Eli at Texas for a reason. 

I don’t disagree at all. I was more referring to the kid’s feelings, but I sense you are insinuating Arch’s feelings on his final destination will not be the largest part of the equation and I would absolutely agree. I’m sure his feelings are not the most relevant part of the equation, but to also respond to Alphahorn here as well those other parts of the equation are looking at what sets him up for the most success, not the most immediate. And I feel that Sark sets him up for the most sustained, long term success which = more $. So I would bet they forego any short term $ (NIL) if they feel confident enough in the long term goal of $$$.

Yeah, I guess one thing for those who are younger or who weren't following as closely to understand is that the Mannings aren't a bunch of warm-hearted dolts who staggered into some decent money and are happy living the country life and watching the world go by now that they've made it. 

If you don't know the story of what Archie Manning did to the trainer at UTenn who accused Payton Manning of sexual assault, in conjunction with Phil Fulmer and the UTenn football program cronies, look it up. 

If you don't know the story of how the Mannings manipulated in some form the 1998 draft and in full form the 2004 draft, or at least what occurred in 2004 in the aftermath, look those stories up.

Look up what Payton Manning did to engineer an exit from Indy and to get what he wanted in Denver. 

Look up how Eli Manning's team worked repeatedly to ensure that the NY Giants didn't draft a QB capable of competing until very, very late in his career. 

This is a family of stone cold killers with sociopathic tendencies. You cannot remove that from the consideration of how they are going to look at the college choice for the currently relevant family scion. It also means that the choice will absolutely not just be about what Arch wants himself.

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

One thing I've noticed in life, is that people with a lot of money like it, and usually want more

You are correct. But with NIL you’re looking at short term pocket change vs what a top 5 NFL draft pick would bring. The Manning clan already has enough to say we’ll pass on short term peanuts for the long term goal. Poor people are the ones that can’t see the forest for the trees in regard to big picture earning.

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not only did Sark maximize the talents of an unheralded 3-star

can we stop building this up that Mac Jones was some shit player that Sark turned into a good player?

Mac Jones was the composite #399 recruit, composite #52 recruit in FL, composite #18 Pro STyle QB, made the Elite 11 finals, had offers from Kentucky, Az State, Baylor, Cal, L'Ville, Missouri, OK State, Ole Miss, Pitt, A&M, Florida, South Carolina, WVU and Washington State.

It isn't like he was a PWO who had no offers then exploded out of nowhere.

he was a good player that Sark turned into MAC FUCKING JONES. that should be enough.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

You are correct. But with NIL you’re looking at short term pocket change vs what a top 5 NFL draft pick would bring. The Manning clan already has enough to say we’ll pass on short term peanuts for the long term goal. Poor people are the ones that can’t see the forest for the trees in regard to big picture earning.

Arch Manning will be earning well over $1million starting the day he steps on a campus. NIL for guys like him will not be peanuts and will be springboards for long term relationships with large corporate brands as soon as he's starting for one of these programs. The dude could make upwards of $5million over 3 years on a campus if he's healthy and living up to the hype. That isn't top 5 pick money, but it's a fuckton of money for any individual or family. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

John Mclane said Mackovic was offered a Cooper/Peyton package deal and turned it down.

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

can we stop building this up that Mac Jones was some shit player that Sark turned into a good player?

Mac Jones was the composite #399 recruit, composite #52 recruit in FL, composite #18 Pro STyle QB, made the Elite 11 finals, had offers from Kentucky, Az State, Baylor, Cal, L'Ville, Missouri, OK State, Ole Miss, Pitt, A&M, Florida, South Carolina, WVU and Washington State.

he was a good player that Sark turned into MAC FUCKING JONES. that should be enough.

70% of this crowd would do, I mean commit Harry Carey if our main  QB recruit was #399.  

Edited by closetohumping
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Xian said:

You’re right.  It is a business decision and the Manning’s are in the business of spreading their empire to new markets. 

Austin is the largest market with a major college program without a NFL team. 
Clemson, bama, Georgia, and kkk ags can’t say that. 

arch spends 3 years here and even before NIL the Manning’s would make gold.  Now it’s pure $$$. Move over VY steakhouse, we have a Manning’s Austin.

Arch wins a championship?  The family will be deities here.  The Manning’s will have their fingers in every tech and oil deal a Horn is involved in.   
Archie SR is about to be on a first name basis with Ross Moody and the like  

so yes. It really is a business decision and there is only one obvious answer. 

oh and our head coach is a QB genius who isn’t going anywhere soon, unlike the OC at other programs 

This guy fucks

• Drool 1

6 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

So, are you telling me that this guy could never be our main QB?

Screenshot 2021-10-13 09.44.31.png

i didn't want to call him out specifically, but yeah.

compare Wright's offer list: ISU, Arky, UlaLa, UNT, NC State, TX State, UTSA, Rice, SMU, TCU

to Jones: Kentucky, Az State, Baylor, Cal, L'Ville, Missouri, OK State, Ole Miss, Pitt, A&M, Florida, South Carolina, WVU and Washington State.

now, if he turns Wright into Mac Jones he is doing some insane work. THAT is a guy who would be out of nowhere.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

Semantics aside, there's not a person on this planet outside of maybe Jacksonville, FL that ever envisioned Mac Jones as a National Championship winning top 15 draft pick.  He's the rare Alabama player that someone can point to and unequivocally claim was coached up.  It's a very nice feather for Sark to have in his cap.

He greatly outperformed expectations with Sark seemingly a huge reason why.  We're saying the same thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Semantics aside, there's not a person on this planet outside of maybe Jacksonville, FL that ever envisioned Mac Jones as a National Championship winning top 15 draft pick.  He's the rare Alabama player that someone can point to and unequivocally claim was coached up.  It's a very nice feather for Sark to have in his cap.

He greatly outperformed expectations with Sark seemingly a huge reason why.  We're saying the same thing.

i just get annoyed when people act like Mac Jones = Charles Wright when they very, very clearly were valued way differently across the board no matter how you slice it.

overall, yes we are. sorry my annoyance was replying to you specifically when we are on the same page

• Hook 'Em 1