Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

If we can get Arch, Owens, and Cook on board early, that class is going to be unreal with the other recruits that are going to want on board.

Apparently Will Cain is Harris Sewell’s uncle and said Harris and other recruits are watching that very closely and will be flood gates if he does. 

5 minutes ago, Genghis said:

Because they just saw Casey Thompson go off for a huge game while also missing a number of throws that you would hope Arch would make? I mean as a QB recruit you saw a JAG QB just throw for 388 yards and 5 TD's while leaving a lot on the field. Want to be a top draft pick? Put up numbers like that.

The football team needed a win. Recruiting would have benefitted big from a win. This type of loss I don't think hurts recruiting terribly though because it was exciting, offense had lots of big stats, and everyone can see themselves making a better play than the guy making a mistake and that they would have gotten UT the win. 

The offensive line we have this year won’t be the same or close to the same as we have next year going forward. 

I try to keep it breezy in the game threads, but Casey Thompson is merely a good QB and he misses really easy throws. His "gamer" cred is wildly overhyped and he makes basically nothing happen with his legs. He's the QB of a 3-loss major conference program.

We left a lot of points on the board for want of a better thrower/game manager.

There's a reason Card got the start this year, and it's not because the offensive staff overlooked Thompson's tremendous skills.

Arch should be salivating.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I try to keep it breezy in the game threads, but Casey Thompson is merely a good QB and he misses really easy throws. His "gamer" cred is wildly overhyped and he makes basically nothing happen with his legs. He's the QB of a 3-loss major conference program.

We left a lot of points on the board for want of a better thrower/game manager.

There's a reason Card got the start this year, and it's not because the offensive staff overlooked Thompson's tremendous skills.

Arch should be salivating.

Yup.  Sucks because Card would be perfect for this offense but he's green, looked terrible when adversity hits, and I'm just not sure he has the leadership to get a team to rally around him.  He's naturally a very quiet guy and those types don't normally lead programs to championships.  

We're left with Casey who the team getz behind but he clearly does not have the arm talent to make the throws this offense needs on a consistent basis.  With that said, Casey did not lose us this game.  Hell, he made some big time throws and we put up 48.  This offense will still close recruits and I'm excited because Sark actually features his best players and get them open.  I expect us to hit the transfer portal hard for WRs, OL, and I would not be shocked if we got a transfer QB that can make throws needed in this offense.  I think Arch has to like what he saw today.  Clemson, UGA aren't exactly lighting it up on offense and I'm not sure if the Mannings will trust Kiffin with Arch's development. 

4 minutes ago, victory88 said:

e.  I think Arch has to like what he saw today.  Clemson, UGA aren't exactly lighting it up on offense and I'm not sure if the Mannings will trust Kiffin with Arch's development. 

Yeah..  I think if anything this will just slow the process down. We had a shot to really capitalize on the momentum and get his commitment. Maybe still can if we rebound well and handle things against OSU and Baylor (big 'IF' there, I know). Georgia is the 'safe' bet for him but not exactly a sexy option. They also have zero leverage in terms of trying to get him to commit there early. Should have plenty of time to keep working the situation. Outside of Texas I just don't see him committing to anyone before the Spring. 

FWIW I think Casey had his best game today, finally connecting on some of his deep shots. Think Arch should still like what he saw today, the first half was brilliant offensively, but in good old Texas fashion we managed to fck it up because of our lines. 

Also FCB because Bonitto - dominated our OL again this year...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Not going to bat for Jones, but I think the left side held up a lot better than the right today

Karic got whipped all day. there's been a few idiots jerking off repeatedly over a couple pancakes against Rice… there’s a reason he hasn’t played much this year.