Let me be positive for a minute...

TexArcher

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

LSU drops 3 games over the course of the season and doesn't make the CFP

Who outside of Bama' do you think will beat them?  Everybody else has at-best average QB's and most are shitty.  Arky, the Miss schools and Vandy ain't beating them.  I don't think Florida is either.  That leaves Auburn and aggy.  "Maybe" Auburn.  No way are they losing at home to aggy.

40 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Serious Question, Why does it feel like Orlando defenses always take 2-3 games before they get good? didn't our Defense have super slow starts the last 2 years under Orlando but ended the year looking pretty badass? 

Can’t speak for last 2 years. This season, the whole 8 new starters on defense thing could be an explanation.

There is too much pessimism in this thread. It’s not a complete shit show.

There is too much optimism in this thread. I see little evidence yet that we can stop OU and win the conference. That is the success goal for this year.

We should all just sit around like eggplants and see how it all unfolds in the next several weeks.

Secondary does have some major issues, and lack of a pass rush compounds the problem.   

Lsu was more talented at DL, Linebacker, & CB.  And equally or more talented at WR, and possibly RB. 

And with all that, we still had our chances.  Those 2 possessions in the 1st Q inside the 5 yd line cost us dearly.  And there was plenty of blame to go around on those 2 possessions. That plus giving up the TD right before half were huge swings (some offensive blame there too).   

We looked damn good offensively in the 2nd half.  Duv & Roschon balled out.  Chris Brown still laying wood.  That was a hell of a game.  We just didn’t capitalize on a couple big chances, and some questionable clock management lad to an LSU TD right before half that really hurt.  

Texas is gonna wreck shop until the Red River Shootout.  Then we get another measuring stick game   

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There is too much optimism in this thread. I see little evidence yet that we can stop OU and win the conference. That is the success goal for this year.

Who here believes OUsux is more dangerous this year than last?  Those dickbags won't even be challenged ahead of us and it could play in our favor if Texas gets by oSu cleanly. Fuckstarting WVU's methfaces in Morgantown will be a fantastic way to stoke the fire. 

Fuck y'all, I'm ready for October.

Edited by Gravy Train
  • Like 1

If I'm looking at the bright side the offense threw for 400 yds in addition to forcing a bunch of DPI.  Some of it was so egregious it was actually flagged.  Scored on every drive of the 2nd half and 4 out of 5 were TDs.  Did that to what was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the country.  The defense had problems, which was the reason for the loss.  No quit and HARD hitting by both the offense and defense.  LSU's all-world DBs sure didn't like the contact being handed out by the Texas WRs.  Plenty of positives out there even if it's still too raw for folks to really feel them.

Edited by sushihorn

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

1) Every year Tom Herman has been a head coach he has lost a game he shouldn't

2) LSU is a team we should not have lost to this year. They are not a great team.

3) We lost due to poor coaching choices. See #1

4) Sam, despite being a very lovable guy doesn't have a good long ball. If he did we could have thrown over the top, often. On the goal line stand where we ran it 4 times we had single coverage on the outside on Johnson. Throw the fucking fade. Sam has a very low number of long passes completed. Most of the long passes are YAC. See Duverney for evidence in the 2 games.

5) Given these I have no reason to believe we have a good coaching staff.

You suck. 

• Like 4

Ok so I’m not as pissed as I was this morning. Tons of positives to take away from this game...along with some negatives. I want to attribute the shitty defense to new guys, but I’m worried this is a trend under Orlando. We cannot get off the field on 3rd and long. It’s so fucking frustrating and it seems like it’s almost a sure thing that a 3rd down will be converted on us. 

4 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Ok so I’m not as pissed as I was this morning. Tons of positives to take away from this game...along with some negatives. I want to attribute the shitty defense to new guys, but I’m worried this is a trend under Orlando. We cannot get off the field on 3rd and long. It’s so fucking frustrating and it seems like it’s almost a sure thing that a 3rd down will be converted on us. 

Yea I was saying that last night, even when we had sr starters on defense the last two years a 3rd and long turned into a first down or a long touchdown and we ended the game with that long td. I’m not sure why a Orlando defense starts off the season looking like shit but it’s definitely a trend. 

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

2) LSU is a team we should not have lost to this year. They are not a great team.

3) We lost due to poor coaching choices. See #1

4) Sam, despite being a very lovable guy doesn't have a good long ball. If he did we could have thrown over the top, often. On the goal line stand where we ran it 4 times we had single coverage on the outside on Johnson. Throw the fucking fade. Sam has a very low number of long passes completed. Most of the long passes are YAC. See Duverney for evidence in the 2 games.

5) Given these I have no reason to believe we have a good coaching staff.

Dude. Did Herman fuck your sister. You seem blinded by some bitterness.  Shouldn’t have lost to a damn good LSU team who’s quarterback played lights out?  You’re a fucking idiot.  Post less!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

1) Losses to teams that Herman should have beat

2015 UConn 6-7 over all 4-4 conference

2016 - SMU 5-7 overall 3-5 in conference

2017 Maryland 4-8 overall

2018 Maryland, again 5-7 over all.

Now if you feel that Herman should have lost those games, that's a different discussion.

Otherwise, I've proven point number one.

I will go through each one as time allows.

Well as I said last year, I am hoping increased talent eventually takes care of losing to those sorts of teams. The first game against La Tech was encouraging.

28 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Now if you feel that Herman should have lost those games, that's a different discussion.

2019 LSU. One of these is not like the other. JFC. Why even be a fan?

I took a day to digest what I saw on the field last night. The things that stand out to me are:

1. We used almost no deception on offense. A couple of times we did, and those plays were wildly successful, but we did nothing to build on them.

Fake handoffs, quick swings (What the fuck good is a swing when you have two receivers (and defenders) already split out to that side?). Five fucking wideouts? Fuck you Herman. Meanwhile your QB is under constant pressure, which brings me to point two:

2. The first drive, at least for a few plays, had a fullback in the backfield - and we soared down the fucking field. Two fucking backs in the backfield gives your offense more options. One (either one) can stay in to block on passes while the other goes out. Or both can go out. Linebackers have to watch the outside of the field, and if they don't, we fucking burn their asses big time. Or, the fullback can lead a running play, almost guaranteeing you a three or four yard gain, and often the HB breaks free.

You want to pass on third and two? Why the fuck not fake a fucking run? They're expecting the run. This no backs in the backfield is pure shit.

The offense seldom seemed to fool their D. We beat them on athleticism, not coaching.

Finally, we finally found a coach who knows how to teach an onside kick. We almost pulled off one of the greatest comebacks in Texas history. Dammit, Herman, tighten up this ship.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

41 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Are you seriously talking about what Tom Herman did years ago at another school?

Okay. 

In 1992, Mack Brown's UNC team went 9-3 and finished #18 in the country.  But they lost to a Clemson team that finished 5-6.  

In 1994, Mack Brown's UNC team went 8-4 and finished #21.  But they lost to a Clemson team that finished 5-6.

In 1995, Mack Brown's UNC team started the year ranked #20 and lost to Syracuse, Maryland, Georgia Tech, and Clemson (again!), none of whom were even ranked.

But enough about what a failure he was at UNC...

In his first year at Texas, Mack lost to an unranked Tech team.

In his second year at Texas, Mack lost to NC State!  

You're the jerkoff in 2000 saying, "Mack Brown doesn't win every game he's supposed to!  Therefore Mack Brown will never amount to shit at Texas."  We were about to go on a run of 9 straight years of 10+ wins with two NC games and 2 other BCS wins, but there were plenty of you around.  They were wrong then and you're wrong now.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aces_Full said:

Burnt Eyes sounds like an ass hat.  I’ll take that bet too.  LSU is not losing 3 reg season games.  

BurntEyes is a fucking idiot and has been for some time.  He always goes into threads and shitposts, starting retarded arguments with actual Texas fans while sucking off schools like OU or Alabama.  Then he tries throwing around his epeen by goading the other person into betting a few hundred dollars to “settle” it.  Then he puts that person on ignore.  Complete fucking asshat through and through. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xcalibur said:

BurntEyes is a fucking idiot and has been for some time.  He always goes into threads and shitposts, starting retarded arguments with actual Texas fans while sucking off schools like OU or Alabama.  Then he tries throwing around his epeen by goading the other person into betting a few hundred dollars to “settle” it.  Then he puts that person on ignore.  Complete fucking asshat through and through. 

This sounds accurate.  

If you're equating this loss to lsu to Herman's losses to smu, UConn, or Maryland, you're still drunk from last night.

This was the number six team in the country, and we didn't lay an egg or look unprepared, we played our asses off and lost to a good team.

Lots of things that could improve, coaching included, but acting like this was some inexcusable game to lose is just silly. They were higher ranked and favored by a TD, which was exactly the margin.

48 minutes ago, Xcalibur said:

It's either a banner or crowdsourcing. I'm of the opinion that crowdsourcing would be more effective. 

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Burnt Eyes is the guy sitting in front of you on the long and (otherwise) silent CapMetro bus ride back to Barton Creek Mall who will not shut the fuck up talking to his mortified and very regretful wife about how Hernan is an unacceptable loser too shitty for Texas.  

He has a wife?

5 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I’d throw 2018 okie state in there

If we're being positive: I thought both lines played well. I was most afraid of our o-line vs their d-line, but I'd say our o-line won more than they lost. They got a little sloppy at the end of both halves, but were nails for long stretches. And not just when LSU players were writhing in pain from their menstrual cramps. Same with the d-line, they held their own for the most part. I can't remember that last time that happened. Duvernay is a stud and Eagles looks like a player. Ehlinger stank up the joint in the first half so it was nice to see him step up the second half. RoJo is a player. 

Go fuck yourself.

4 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I took a day to digest what I saw on the field last night. The things that stand out to me are:

1. We used almost no deception on offense. A couple of times we did, and those plays were wildly successful, but we did nothing to build on them.

Fake handoffs, quick swings (What the fuck good is a swing when you have two receivers (and defenders) already split out to that side?). Five fucking wideouts? Fuck you Herman. Meanwhile your QB is under constant pressure, which brings me to point two:

2. The first drive, at least for a few plays, had a fullback in the backfield - and we soared down the fucking field. Two fucking backs in the backfield gives your offense more options. One (either one) can stay in to block on passes while the other goes out. Or both can go out. Linebackers have to watch the outside of the field, and if they don't, we fucking burn their asses big time. Or, the fullback can lead a running play, almost guaranteeing you a three or four yard gain, and often the HB breaks free.

You want to pass on third and two? Why the fuck not fake a fucking run? They're expecting the run. This no backs in the backfield is pure shit.

The offense seldom seemed to fool their D. We beat them on athleticism, not coaching.

Finally, we finally found a coach who knows how to teach an onside kick. We almost pulled off one of the greatest comebacks in Texas history. Dammit, Herman, tighten up this ship.

Seriously, you are complaining about the offense??? That was the best defense we will see all year, and we racked up yards and points. No deception? Seriously? What fucking game were you watching?

• Like 1

Legitimate positives:

- Despite playing a very talented and experienced defense lead by a universally acclaimed coordinator, the offense performance was generally good. Further, it got rolling so well in the second half that there is very little doubt Texas takes a 38-37 lead if 3rd and 18 doesn't happen.

- OL kept a mostly clean pocket. Held its own in the run game against a very solid front.

- Some young guys like Eagles and Johnson, and Smith showed they have bright futures ahead of them.

- Duvernay is a monster. He balled out last night. He could be playing himself into an early round pick this year.

- Sam missed on a few, especially early, but overall he played well. Composed leadership that kept the team steady and led a critical drive down 13 with the bitchmade cramps in full swing. Hit some legit NFL throws. He may be hitting his ceiling but it is still a high one. With him at QB you can win any game in which your defense has a modicum of success.

- People are harping on Jalen Green for getting beat a few times - that is going to happen as a sophomore. He battled and showed much improved tackling relative to the week before. He is going to be a good one.

- Ossai has firmly established himself as a versatile playmaker - probably the only true difference maker on the defense right now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sock Drawer said:
4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Burnt Eyes is the guy sitting in front of you on the long and (otherwise) silent CapMetro bus ride back to Barton Creek Mall who will not shut the fuck up talking to his mortified and very regretful wife about how Hernan is an unacceptable loser too shitty for Texas.  

He has a wife?

Or a husband. They take turns, apparently.

18 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Old post. Go fuck yourself.

18 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Go fuck yourself.

16 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Go fuck yourself.

14 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

You don’t know shit about it. Dumbfuck.

Seems like somebody went for 6 1/2 line.

25 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Legitimate positives:

- Despite playing a very talented and experienced defense lead by a universally acclaimed coordinator, the offense performance was generally good. Further, it got rolling so well in the second half that there is very little doubt Texas takes a 38-37 lead if 3rd and 18 doesn't happen.

- OL kept a mostly clean pocket. Held its own in the run game against a very solid front.

- Some young guys like Eagles and Johnson, and Smith showed they have bright futures ahead of them.

- Duvernay is a monster. He balled out last night. He could be playing himself into an early round pick this year.

- Sam missed on a few, especially early, but overall he played well. Composed leadership that kept the team steady and led a critical drive down 13 with the bitchmade cramps in full swing. Hit some legit NFL throws. He may be hitting his ceiling but it is still a high one. With him at QB you can win any game in which your defense has a modicum of success.

- People are harping on Jalen Green for getting beat a few times - that is going to happen as a sophomore. He battled and showed much improved tackling relative to the week before. He is going to be a good one.

- Ossai has firmly established himself as a versatile playmaker - probably the only true difference maker on the defense right now.

Chris Brown played really well too. 

Im missing Jamison and Overshown out there. Where the fuck where they? I didn't even see em rotate in for a few plays..

16 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

When you say we beat them on athleticism, I think you misspelled “execution”. I don’t think our offense out-athleted the LSU defense. They just executed well on most plays.

1 hour ago, XYZ said:

When you say we beat them on athleticism, I think you misspelled “execution”. I don’t think our offense out-athleted the LSU defense. They just executed well on most plays.

The times that we made a good play, it seemed more the result of individual effort, not a case of our coaches outsmarting theirs. That's all I was saying.

Reasons for optimism : The offense lit up a defense loaded with upper class men (Only two under class men starting) with a considerable amount of players who will be playing on Sundays.

The team never threw in the towel, even down 14 late in the game.

Eagles is going to become one of the best receivers Texas has seen in some time. As a Sophomore he's outplaying Collin Johnson.

No defense in the Big 12 will compare to what Texas faced against LSU.

• Like 1