Clemson vs North Carolina on abc

Shut up Lou Holtz

Typical Mack - go away from what has worked in the most pivotal moment of the game. Some wacky WR motion option into the teeth of a Clemson D that can fly to the ball, to the short side of the field? Woof.

Hell of a job by UNC and props to Mack for breathing life back into that program, but Clemson is not who we thought they were. Loss to Appalachian State then play Clemson tight? Eek.

Just now, JustBecause said:

It seems that things may catch up with Clemson later this season.  No one is invincible this year. 

Have you seen their schedule? It's a damn joke. The toughest remaining games are 4-0 Wake Forest and 3-1 BC/NC St (They lost to WVU).

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I would have kicked but I cannot fault him for being aggressive. I wouldn't have had that kind of confidence in my offense after what they had done today.

Same.  On the other hand, I don't know that I would have had confidence their offense could move it 25 yards in OT.

16 hours ago, Chad said:

Come on, Mack. That was your play call against one of the most talented defenses in CFB? I loved the decision to go for two to avoid OT and put the game away, but that option call was hilariously bad.

It was such a predictable Mack call. Running sideways is always horrible at the goal line, especially against defenses like that. I hated when we would do the pitchy to the running back on 4th down. Shit never worked. I think there is some feeling of safety with the play because you don't have to complete a pass. But it never frickin works.

i agree wit going for two if you have a play you are confident will work in that situation. Honestly every team should work in that one play in that situation that they pull out for the one time you really need it. This was definitely the spot for it. The fact that he called that specific play tells me he does not have that one play that he can call. Thus he should not have gone for it.