Texas opens as a 10.5 point underdog v Oklahoma

TexasMan

3 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

After watching the press conference from Riley and Hurtz, their entire demeanor bleeds of "We're untouchable because we're OU."  Mirrors so much of FUPM in his last few years.  Players going in expecting everyone to fall over for them.  Kinda nauseating. 

Except you may believe it from those two.  FUPM rolled into Dallas pissing his pants.  Every damn year.  You could see it on his face.  Even years he won, he looked more relieved than anything.  He didn't even say the right things 'weather the storm'.  LOL, WTF?  Be the storm, you soft serve pussy. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Yeah, it’s kind of puzzling how Texas was somewhat flat at the conference championship game. I mean, Herman seems to always get the team ready for big games, and he certainly got the team ready for the two OU games at the cotton bowl, but not that one.

Disagree with this.  We were outplayed overall, and the Refs fucked us numerous times, but I don't think we were 'flat'.  The game was tied after 3 and we had (at least) 2 possessions with the ball and a chance to take the lead in the 4th.  Obviously the play of the game was the safety on the corner blitz Sam didn't see.   But that game could have easily gone the other way if we made a couple of big plays in the 4th.  I mean OU was a pretty damn good team last year. 

• Like 2

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Except you may believe it from those two.  FUPM rolled into Dallas pissing his pants.  Every damn year.  You could see it on his face.  Even years he won, he looked more relieved than anything.  He didn't even say the right things 'weather the storm'.  LOL, WTF?  Be the storm, you soft serve pussy. 

It wasn't "Weather the storm" it was "survive the surge" which is much, much worse.  Everything else you posted is correct.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

I mean, we beat the fuck out of two teams that beat us last year (even if they've declined a bit), in one weathering two asinine blown punts, and in the other basically turning the whole last ten minutes of their own Homecoming into garbage time.

We didn't "beat the fuck" out of either of them.  And to say WVU "declined a bit" is a massive understatement.  Last years WVU team would beat this years team by 30.  There is a reason Dana got the hell out of dodge when he did.   If we take last weeks effort into the Cotton Bowl Saturday we get boat raced.  But I don't think we will.  We played like shit against KSU last year then played our best game of the year the next week. I fully expect the same this year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Except you may believe it from those two.  FUPM rolled into Dallas pissing his pants.  Every damn year.  You could see it on his face.  Even years he won, he looked more relieved than anything.  He didn't even say the right things 'weather the storm'.  LOL, WTF?  Be the storm, you soft serve pussy

This. Out of Rep. Get you later.

ATTITUDE. 

How great is it that those days are over.  

Fuck OU.

Hook'em 

23 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Our guys appear to be taking the same approach to this game as the LSU players did for our game. Here’s hoping it works out the same for us as it did for them.

Every team OU has played to this point knew they weren’t very good, are trying to see if they're any good, or are just hoping not to be terrible. Our guys know they are good, and have supreme confidence in their abilities.

This isn’t the Mack Brown survive the surge brand football. Texas under Herman is looking to come out and kick your ass, and more so as underdogs and or in big games.  

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

3 hours ago, Eggo said:

The days of old men, Red Bull fiends, and GQ pretty boys staring across the field are over. A lot of jacked coaches in this conferences now. Herman needed to adapt. 

Alignment they call it.

MENSA + JACKED = GO FUCK YOURSELF BITCH

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah Mack just coach speak scared himself to death.

Herman tries to intelligently control the narrative in a specific way to ALWAYS motivate the team. It's crazy how great the guys have fallen in line (culture thread).

They aren't just saying play for the guy next to you, they are pushing the fucking pile. They aren't just being happy to be a Horn, they are saying hookem instead of hello and goodbye.

The men are bought in.

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

October 5th marked the 14th anniversary of my dad’s passing. He died in his sleep at 62. He missed the MNC. And the absolute destruction of OU by Texas that weekend. I especially miss him during football season. There are not many dads who would sit and watch football with their daughters, much less expect them to retain the shit being explained. Hook’em

Bless you.  It sounds like he was a good father that loved his daughter and raised her well.  As a father I can understand as my only meaningful goal in life is to be a good dad.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Can't rep a sooner but this is spot on.

Yeah, it’s kind of puzzling how Texas was somewhat flat at the conference championship game. I mean, Herman seems to always get the team ready for big games, and he certainly got the team ready for the two OU games at the cotton bowl, but not that one.

Kool aid is a hell of a drug.
two teams have absolutely torched us over the top.  laid waste to our secondary.  how anyone can say we are better than last year at this point i don't understand.

After the B12 championship game last year, I wasn't so much upset that Texas lost, though that stung, obviously. OU was a CFP team and a legitimate top 5-7 team last year, terrible defense aside. Sometimes you lose to top tier teams. But I was livid at how lackadaisical and seemingly disengaged Texas looked for a lot of the game.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

October 5th marked the 14th anniversary of my dad’s passing. He died in his sleep at 62. He missed the MNC. And the absolute destruction of OU by Texas that weekend. I especially miss him during football season. There are not many dads who would sit and watch football with their daughters, much less expect them to retain the shit being explained. Hook’em
RIP to your dad. I'd love to sit and watch football with my 3-yr-old daughter. Unfortunately she'd rather be in the other room watching Peppa Pig, but she'll come in every once in a while to throw her horns up and yell "Hook'em Horns!" before running off to watch her 5-yr-old brother play Super Mario Bros 3 on the tablet. I can get them both to watch for about 5 minutes before one asks me to "change it to the kid's channel".
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Kool aid is a hell of a drug.

After the B12 championship game last year, I wasn't so much upset that Texas lost, though that stung, obviously. OU was a CFP team and a legitimate top 5-7 team last year, terrible defense aside. Sometimes you lose to top tier teams. But I was livid at how lackadaisical and seemingly disengaged Texas looked for a lot of the game.

breckynhager.jpeg

Also, turn off your sig bitch. 

2 hours ago, Zavala said:

Yeah Mack just coach speak scared himself to death.

Herman tries to intelligently control the narrative in a specific way to ALWAYS motivate the team. It's crazy how great the guys have fallen in line (culture thread).

They aren't just saying play for the guy next to you, they are pushing the fucking pile. They aren't just being happy to be a Horn, they are saying hookem instead of hello and goodbye.

The men are bought in.

Yep - the days of rolling into the Cotton Bowl thinking theres a 50/50 chance OU wins by 50 are done.  Tom has his issues with lesser teams but in big games he's been a top 3 coach.  

47 minutes ago, texifornia said:

More Soonerness. Man they think the refs area against them, which is riiiiich.

Hide contents

EGe1veWXYAMw0Lp?format=jpg&name=360x360EGe1v_ZW4AE0WVb?format=jpg&name=360x360EGe1wgdXkAATdXv?format=jpg&name=small

Every fucking school thinks the refs are against them.  We're in burnt orange country here but the rest of the league thinks Texas always gets breaks.  And to be fair, I don't watch every damn game, but the biggest screw job I've seen in league play is the OSU game (Tx Tech over OU was bad too).  For out of conference it was Oregon over OU. 

At least the pac suspended those refs: https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=2593564

Has this shit conference suspended refs?  I honestly don't know. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

46 minutes ago, texifornia said:

More Soonerness. Man they think the refs area against them, which is riiiiich.

Hide contents

EGe1wgdXkAATdXv?format=jpg&name=small

That’s rich. And completely delusional. 

How many times has OU been called for throwing horns down against us? Three or four times ever?

And what’s with the “force field around Colt McCoy” bit? Auston English leveled Colt on a false start non-play well after the whistle blew and wasn’t called for anything. It was one of the most blatant late hit/unnecessary roughness infractions I’ve ever seen and NOTHING happened. I wish Auston English had killed himself right along with Austin Box. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Every fucking school thinks the refs are against them.  We're in burnt orange country here but the rest of the league thinks Texas always gets breaks.  And to be fair, I don't watch every damn game, but the biggest screw job I've seen in league play is the OSU game (Tx Tech over OU was bad too).  For out of conference it was Oregon over OU. 

We have been getting screwed frequently over the last few years, but it doesn’t seem we ever get a fair game against OU. Y’all hold more than any team I’ve ever seen. 

And what did you think about the “late hit out of bounds” Kansas got called for Saturday? Or the face mask they were called for on a punt OU was returning, while the guy getting facemasked was holding the shit out of the KU cover guy? Of course only the facemask was called. 

Just now, Tex Pete said:

We have been getting screwed frequently over the last few years, but it doesn’t seem we ever get a fair game against OU. Y’all hold more than any team I’ve ever seen. 

And what did you think about the “late hit out of bounds” Kansas got called for Saturday? Or the face mask they were called for on a punt OU was returning, while the guy getting facemasked was holding the shit out of the KU cover guy? Of course only the facemask was called. 

As Scipio wrote for IT, if you hold every play, or PI every time you get burned, refs won't call it every time because they want to let the game keep going. It's clever, if infuriating.

Since LSU I've been questioning whether or not Texas has the defense to get it done in Dallas. Those concerns are still there.

That said, as I've really started to process the matchup this week it's apparent Texas is better on both lines. Texas has an elite QB. Hurts is a stud too but it's no worse than a push there. Texas has the edge in the most important areas.

I don't pretend to know what's going to happen but something is off with the huge spread and low win chances for Texas from analytics. Teams with better OL/DL and proven, high caliber veteran QBs are very rarely the kind of underdog Texas is, and for good reason.

32 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I really don't think it's that big a discrepancy.  I sat on the UT side last year with Texas fans and we both pointed out shit that wasn't called.  I didn't make the championship game but in the UT win, it wasn't lopsided for OU.  I don't think the league has it out to make sure OU wins.  Of course you can point out bad calls in any game.  Biggest screw job in my lifetime was '84 when OU made a clear pick but refs didn't call it for some odd reason 15-15 tie.  Oh and, yes, the OU punter's knee hit on his own 40 or so and wasn't called - still felt screwed. I still don't think it was a conspiracy - just idiots in stripes.  The usual.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

That was 1984. Things are much different today.

If someone’s been favoring us, it’d be nice to know about it. I’ve never seen another team have 4 plays reviewed (over several games) so officials could retroactively call pass interference for blocking in front of a play. Certainly not last decade when OU was illegally blocking down field all the time  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

That was 1984. Things are much different today.

If someone’s been favoring us, it’d be nice to know about it. I’ve never seen another team have 4 plays reviewed (over several games) so officials could retroactively call pass interference for blocking in front of a play. Certainly not last decade when OU was illegally blocking down field all the time  

Pete you stay tuned up 24/7 with the hate.  It knows no bounds.  I'm a fan.  I'll agree Oklahoma probably gets away with some holding.  Here's hoping the refs don't decide the game Saturday, for either side.  Can't wait. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

I truly don't understand OU's "ref" narrative considering the absolute screw job we got from start to finish in the Big 12 Championship game.  I mean it wasn't 2015 OSU bad but it was pretty damn bad.

Get ready for more of it because the memo is in. They want OU versus Alabama. Hurts versus Alabama 

Edited by GotThatFire
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Pete you stay tuned up 24/7 with the hate.  It knows no bounds.  I'm a fan.  I'll agree Oklahoma probably gets away with some holding.  Here's hoping the refs don't decide the game Saturday, for either side.  Can't wait. 

Whether or not they decide the game or not, the refs will make sure they play a big part of the game. What a bunch of attention whores the refs in this league are.

• Like 2