Tom Herman is a 2nd place coach

Brothahorn

Just now, GTX Horn said:

I think if they somehow miss the playoffs, he’s gone. If they don’t win a playoff game he may be gone. Other potential openings like the Falcons or Texans could be tempting too if Riley really does have any NFL aspirations. Both of those teams have legit offensive weapons and aren’t complete rebuilds like Washington.

I just don't get the idea that he has NFL aspirations, much like his predecessor. He knows where he would succeed. Does college pay more than the NFL? If not, that could be a factor. Texans would be an interesting place, especially with Watson as qb. 

I just don't believe Jerruh will fire Garrett. If he hasn't by now, I don't think it's gonna happen any time soon. Jmo

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

After today, 1-3 vs his only real competition. No amount of ministers, tweets or special guest coaches can overcome his arrogant bullshit. 

Today is a perfect example. Show up listless for the big game. Defense somehow hangs on while the offense shits the field. Get some offensive momentum and the defense lays down. 

Then the players consistently make horrible decisions. Because they get horrible coaching. Fair catching kickoffs/punts inside the 5 is a coaching issue.

Yes he's better than Old Mack and Cholly, but that just gets us 2nd place. Luckily because no other program has our resources and history. 

Neg me, ban me, dog cuss me..but the scoreboard is what it is. 

Fuck 0u.

Not sure you why getting negged so much but whatever. I didn't even watch the game (yes no shit assholes) and I could have made this post. I could have made this post over each of the last 3 weeks not named bye. I don't agree with the title of the post, but the meat is there.

Something is very much "off" with Herman and what he gets out of his football team. He has good players and they play as hard as any team I can ever remember seeing. But man do the players and systems on both sides and ST just look weird to me. No consistency. We don't have trap games I think, instead we just have games. The kids fight their ass off to make up for bad decision making, preparation and coaching. Both in game coaching and bad position level prep and coaching. Games like WVU and OSU end up closer than they should and you lose to teams with semi-equal talent and a good game plan. 

I do however think Herman will eventually figure out where in his management he is going wrong. He has created too much positive change to continue on being blind to this.

Sounds like the offense shit the bed. Shouldn't surprise anyone as they have been shitting teh bed all year long, jsut against worse teams and it doesn't end up firmly on the scoreboard. STs has been awful all year. Just terrible. Defense hit and miss. Secondary is poorly coached for sure. 

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Recent coaches that had a better winning % in their 1st four match ups against OUsux games than Tom Herman.

John Mackovic

Mack Brown

Recent coach that had a better winning percentage in their first 3 years.

Charlie Strong

Texas Current defensive ranking:

Let those data points sit with you for a minute.

Let's make sure we are clear. 

Mackovic and Brown won more games against OUsux in their first 4 matchups than Herman has.

Strong won as many games against Ousux in his first three years as Herman.

Our Defense is 3 spots from last.

If you don't see these facts as a problem, I can't help you.

You should probably get used to it. Tom Herman is going to be here a while.

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Recent coaches that had a better winning % in their 1st four match ups against OUsux games than Tom Herman.

John Mackovic

Mack Brown

Charlie Strong

Mackovic and Brown won more games against OUsux in their first 4 matchups than Herman has.

Yeah nice cherry picking.  Mackovic coached against guys like Gibbs and Schnellenberger.  He also lost to Rice.  Charlie, really?  I don't think we have to go over that.  

Mack Brown shit himself at the mention of Stoops.  Yeah, did Mack surprise him every now and then?  Sure.  But Bob owned Mack.  

That's not to say that Lincoln doesn't own Tom, but he's had the Heisman winner on his side most times.

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yeah nice cherry picking.  Mackovic coached against guys like Gibbs and Schnellenberger.  He also lost to Rice.  Charlie, really?  I don't think we have to go over that.  

Mack Brown shit himself at the mention of Stoops.  Yeah, did Mack surprise him every now and then?  Sure.  But Bob owned Mack.  

That's not to say that Lincoln doesn't own Tom, but he's had the Heisman winner on his side most times.

Let’s not kid ourselves, Tom shits himself at the mention of Riley. 

17 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

John Mackovic

Mack Brown

Charlie Strong

128? How in the hell can Orlando survive that ranking?

My worst fear is we waste the prime years of the talent we are bringing in with some of these high school level assistant coaches.

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

As long as Riley is in Norman Herman will the 2nd best coach in the conference, and it's not close.   Herman's full of himself and until he overcomes his shortcomings as an HC he'll never be more than a 9-2  type coach each year.  Tolerable at Texas?  You can decide.   

Really hope this isn't true.  But, we may have Mack/Jon Cooper again.

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

As long as Riley is in Norman Herman will the 2nd best coach in the conference, and it's not close.   Herman's full of himself and until he overcomes his shortcomings as an HC he'll never be more than a 9-2  type coach each year.  Tolerable at Texas?  You can decide.   

Ha! I’d be ecstatic if this team got to 9-2. That ain’t happening

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

It's absolutely tolerable. Every Texas fan knows that.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Then shut the fuck up. We don't need 3 paragraphs from some assclown that didn't watch the game. 

and I am spot on. been there all season. it ain't surprising. hopefully Tom isn't as much of a baby as many of you and can make the needed changes and admit what isn't working

He's getting owned, but not 63-14, 65-13,  or 55-17.  Herman needs a come to Jesus moment or to hope Jerry throws a pile of cash at Lincoln.

Let's go ahead and also throw in 63-21.  The 4th of 4 Black Saturdays.  The worst losses in the history of Texas football.

We're suffering today so may as well go ahead and throw in Clown Brown's contributions. 

Same record after 4 games.  Mack was 1-3, Tom 1-3. Difference is Mack had the Heisman winner his first year, Lincoln had the Heisman winners his first two years.  That and no 63-14

ricky wasn't in the 1999 game.  but he had major go off in the second and third quarters of that game.

Yeah, which isn't what I stated.

Stoops was to Mack as Lincoln is. Herman.

That I will agree with, which means we better get pretty fucking used to not winning Big 12 championships under Herman.

You said Mack started better against stoops than Tom did against Lincoln.  I said they both started 1-3.  

Still a better winning percentage than 1-4 which was the point.

Oh, if you want to stretch it to five games Mack was also 1-4 against Stoops. I don't think Herman has coached 5 games vs ou here just yet. Now, you can point to Mack beating Blake in his first year, but that would be like me pointing to Stoops/Riley beating Herman when he was the coach at coogar high.  Different programs.