Tom Herman is a 2nd place coach

Brothahorn

26 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I don't want to speak for Texas fans like you, because you're fine with participation trophies.. Just as long as you get swallow the hype fuck what happens on the field.

You know what?  I'm sorry.  I shouldn't attack the poster.  I should just argue the points.  My bad.  I'm as fired up as any of you.

I think today was a speedbump that revealed some issues, many of which can be corrected prior to any chance we might have to play OU again.  That's what this program should focus on.

Herman's offense was completely.... totally... utterly... unprepared for the biggest game of the season. We didn't see one new wrinkle today. It's as if he thought OU wouldn't be capable of making adjustments to stop this juggernaut of an offense he has created. 

The most important game of the year, and not one new wrinkle... Let that sink in. Not one new fucking wrinkle for the most important game of the year. Dissecting this one won't be pretty, from the opening kickoff to the final onside kick - another replay of the kick that cost us a chance for a tie against LSU. Shitty ST, Mediocre defense, shitty offense. Extra shitty offense.

This guy is a pretender to the throne. Like Charlie, he had a star QB at Houston that got him the Texas job. Herman is a deer caught in the headlights. Nothing more. He falls into the same class of coach as Charlie Strong, Jason Garrett, and a shitload of other coaches. Our wins come from the athleticism of our players, not from the minds of their coaches. Incredibly disappointed in his performance.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Herman's offense was completely.... totally... utterly... unprepared for the biggest game of the season. We didn't see one new wrinkle today. It's as if he thought OU wouldn't be capable of making adjustments to stop this juggernaut of an offense he has created. 

The mot important game of the year, and not one new wrinkle... Let that sink in. Not one new fucking wrinkle for the most important game of the year. Dissecting this one won't be pretty, from the opening kickoff to the final onside kick - another replay of the kick that cost us a chance for a tie against LSU. Shitty ST, Mediocre defense, shitty offense. Extra shitty offense.

This guy is a pretender to the throne. Like Charlie, he had a star QB at Houston that got him the Texas job. Herman is a deer caught in the headlights. Nothing more. He falls into the same class of coach as Charlie Strong, Jason Garrett, and a shitload of other coaches. Our wins come from the athleticism of our players, not from the minds of their coaches. Incredibly disappointed in his performance.

Dude, c’mon. That is a bunch of hyperbole.

5 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

The most important game of the year, and not one new wrinkle... Let that sink in. Not one new fucking wrinkle for the most important game of the year. Dissecting this one won't be pretty, from the opening kickoff to the final onside kick - another replay of the kick that cost us a chance for a tie against LSU. Shitty ST, Mediocre defense, shitty offense. Extra shitty offense.

If he doesn't address staff deficiencies if we finish 8-4 or worse, then yeah he's probably not going to last here. 

13 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Umm. He may be many things, but let’s not forget how bad chuck was.   

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Unlikely given there’s always a Letdown game That’s out of the blue. 

Sam is going to have to take the bull by the horns if we're going to win out. He was near humiliated today. Maybe he needs to go to Herman and tell him to get his shit together - that Westlake had better offenses than UT.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

16 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

you're a fucking idiot.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

After today we’re 1-9 when trailing at the half under Herman. A losing record in such circumstances is understandable & expected. But that’s still pretty lopsided in the wrong direction. 

That is a grim stat. No doubt partially attributable to the fact that we just flat forgot how to win for a while there.

We still have a weird habit of releasing momentum about as soon as we seize any. Not sure where that comes from.

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Yes I think Hurts is a better QB than Sam and I think their oline is better than ours.

Ou had a better player at every position today. 2.5 years in, that’s on Herman.

Riley coaches circles around him. That’s also on Herman.

Yep

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

I hate this logic so much.

The football players with the most talent are the ones that make the best football plays. And yes coaching is a part of that.

Coaches aren't on the field, if you want to believe they're part of the team.  They're also responsible for talent evaluation and development.

Texas is the deeper and more talented team but they failed to execute.  Talk to the coaches about that.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Little Lincoln?   Guy owns Tom.  And Tom is a good coach.  Just deal with all those facts.  They’re painful after a loss - to your bitter rival.  It’s easier to blame it on a dumbass coach vs giving credit to a really good coach / your rival.  

I have nothing against you but please

For today just go fuck yourself somewhere else. No one here is going to want to hear any bullshit you throw out there. Go to sisterfuckers.com or whatever the okie site is and hang out for the weekend. 

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

After today we’re 1-9 when trailing at the half under Herman. A losing record in such circumstances is understandable & expected. But that’s still pretty lopsided in the wrong direction. 

Lack of in game adjustments. To me there is enough evidence now that Herman's coaching philosophy is more aligned with what he learned from Mack than from urban  

Coaches aren't on the field, if you want to believe they're part of the team.  They're also responsible for talent evaluation and development.
Texas is the deeper and more talented team but they failed to execute.  Talk to the coaches about that.

Teams are as good as their records say they are. Players are as talented as the plays they make. Coaching absolutely matters in both.

To say we are deeper and more talented than ou seems completely asinine to me.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

name all the players for us that would start for them

2 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Teams are as good as their records say they are. Players are as talented as the plays they make. Coaching absolutely matters in both.

To say we are deeper and more talented than ou seems completely asinine to me.

It's not asinine.  Watch the games, follow the depth charts, get into recruiting.  If I had a blank slate of player development and scheme, with the offer to coach with either roster, I'm taking Texas.

8 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Hes a good CEO head coach but unfortunately the nepotism/cronyism/hubris has led to him having 2nd rate assistants at Texas

We need an OC, ST coach, WR coach, RB coach, and maybe a DB coach.

thats not hyperbole, we literally need to hire new coaches in those spots

Regardless of how the season ends, in order for this program to take the next step changes will have to be made.  The defense should be the focus.  I don’t know if the requires asking Orlando to find employment elsewhere?  But the secondary coach need to go for sure.    Injuries not with standing, the subs are just not being coached right and you can see that from how they attempt to make tackles ,  to the letting up on coverage too soon. 

Edited by Nueces River Rat

2 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

It's not asinine.  Watch the games, follow the depth charts, get into recruiting.  If I had a blank slate of player development and scheme, with the offer to coach with either roster, I'm taking Texas.

OU has been recruiting at an elite level for 20 straight years.

We were coached by Charlie Strong for several years.

Some of you are clueless.

Edited by The Earl of Texas

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

name all the players for us that would start for them

The entire Texas two-deep?  Do you have any idea how much of a two-headed monster DD and CJ would be with Lincoln's playbook?  Don't forget about the backs, always a staple of the OU offense.  They might be deeper in that category but only by way of injuries on Texas.

Who the fuck is CeeDee Lamb?  There's always some second-rate midget at WR or RB they turn into a carver merely from yards after catch/contact.

2 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Don’t  forget the later three years of Mack recruiting empty suit five star players who showed little to noting when they got their shot.  Or were content to making  arun Alamo Bowl or whatever participation like ribbon bowl we went to.  That era was such a blur now I forgot some of the details.    Thankfully.   

Bunch of sky is falling types in here, sounds like the surly is in rare form.  

sucks we lost, but we mis-managed a large portion of this game. Field position and 0 new wrinkles.All correctable. 

the main thing is we have to add a 4dL. We cannot continue to ask our dbs to play physical at los 

4 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

They're not out-recruiting Tom currently.  That's the whole goddamn premise of this thread and the game we play in October-- not to let them recruit to that level.  Texas still has a recruiting advantage in several key positions (not associated with skill players on offense), among geographical and academic. 

Fuck y'all pessimistic shitbirds, nobody is out-talented, this rivalry is about coaching, development and being prepared.

1 minute ago, The Earl of Texas said:

You clowns bad mouthing Lamb should just check out on football. He’s going round 1 this year. 

No he's not lol. He's getting drafted, but he's not round 1. 

Also, I like Lamb. He's a great receiver, but he's not going in the first rd. Be real. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana