Next Texas Coach

Girdwood

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Okay but you have to give him credit for recruiting the players on the field. Coaching is one thing, getting the bodies on campus is another. 

We've been through this with Mack.  Yes, recruiting is important.  So is coaching.

Greg Davis wasn't really Mack's biggest problem, it was poor OL coaching and recruiting.

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's got Paterno stank on him. Is there a decent and available P5 coach not associated with rape/child diddling/murder around?

You can't be a good coach unless you're complicit in some sort of molestation, apparently.

1 minute ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Yes but we all thought it was a successful season. Beat ousux made a conference championship and won sugar bowl. All I'm saying is as bad as tonight was we are still alive. 

This thought is the only thing keeping me from a complete meltdown. They also seemed to start to turn the corner on offense after that game. I'm praying for something similar this year (though I'm not especially optimistic at the moment).

1 minute ago, campcrunk said:

This thought is the only thing keeping me from a complete meltdown. They also seemed to start to turn the corner on offense after that game. I'm praying for something similar this year (though I'm not especially optimistic at the moment).

A healthy Stern's and Green should really help out. The real problem is we can't get a pass rush to save our lives 

Edited by Coach pop a bitch
  • Like 1

Just now, Coach pop a bitch said:

A healthy Stern's and Green should really help out 

Out of rep, but yes, I think that would be a big deal. Just need Cook to turn the corner and one of our biggest weaknesses could get a lot better over night. Maybe not be a strength, but at least less of a glaring deficiency. 

• Like 1

At this rate, with ISU and BAY and a good to great Bowl game opponent still looming, Herman will maintain his average of 4-5 losses a year at Texas.  You all will want to suck his dick and the program will give him a pay raise.  Because "culture" or whatever.   I don't dislike him, I just never got the buy-in for him that y'all wouldn't give Strong.  

I think we can still pull off a 9-4 season, and that's good and all.  But we're barely above the muck and mire we've been stuck in for 10+ years if that's the case.  It's not all on Herman, it's on fans who think just because we're Texas, we'll be fine.  

Just now, campcrunk said:

Out of rep, but yes, I think that would be a big deal. Just need Cook to turn the corner and one of our biggest weaknesses could get a lot better over night. Maybe not be a strength, but at least less of a glaring deficiency. 

Who is our second corner Jamison or Cook? Jamison seems better to me.

1 minute ago, campcrunk said:

You add in AC4 playing better that would be like chicken soup to the defenses soul

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Who is our second corner Jamison or Cook? Jamison seems better to me.

Jamison is definitely the second corner - but having a trustworthy third to rotate in and use in certain situations would be huge, IMO

. Especially if Cook can start living up to his billing.

Just now, campcrunk said:

Jamison is definitely the second corner - but having a trustworthy third to rotate in and use in certain situations would be huge, IMO

. Especially if Cook can start living up to his billing.

Agree. If we had two shutdown corners on the field, our defense would look totally different. Unfortunately, we are pretty far from that, but getting Green back will make us a whole lot better.

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

At this rate, with ISU and BAY and a good to great Bowl game opponent still looming, Herman will maintain his average of 4-5 losses a year at Texas.  You all will want to suck his dick and the program will give him a pay raise.  Because "culture" or whatever.   I don't dislike him, I just never got the buy-in for him that y'all wouldn't give Strong.  

I think we can still pull off a 9-4 season, and that's good and all.  But we're barely above the muck and mire we've been stuck in for 10+ years if that's the case.  It's not all on Herman, it's on fans who think just because we're Texas, we'll be fine.  

Buy in we didn't give strong? That guy might be a good coordinator but he sucked and I mean sucked on the 40. We will all agree Hermans teams are night and day better then Strong's

Why is everyone forgetting how many shit show performances we had last year before that Sugar Bowl win? We looked like crap most of the year against crap teams but no one gave a shit because we beat OU and Georgia. It doesnt matter how bad you looked if you win, especially for teams already out of playoff contention. Maybe the defense shows up when some of our injured playmakers come back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Lucky the KU DB wasn’t smart enough to jump that. 100% chance the throw would be an out to the short side of the field, obviously to Duv. They were already in chip shot range for Dicker, that extra 6-7 yards was not worth the risk.

He realized he fucked up calling to too early, that was the delay and confusion trying to figure out how best to waste 4 seconds.   Didn't want to risk a pooka kick off return, or god forbid one more play for KU to score on our shitty defense.  

I think it was the right call after fucking up the time out.  I would actually argue for passing it intentionally high so no chance a play could be made on the ball. 

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Chris peterson

good fundamentals, good asst coaches, proven track record

He's a Northwest sorta guy, right? The time to bring him here was when Harsin was the offensive coordinator. I think that ship has sailed now since he's achieved some success at UW.

Edited by UDontKnow

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

We'll see. Depends on what our depth chart looks like and which Texas team shows up. And... which Ehlinger shows up. Because he was terrible today. 

Our fans are hilarious. Motherfucker had 500 yards of offense and you’re calling him “terrible”

Yall are a bunch of little bitches

• Like 3