Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

Crowd skepticism warranted, but two flights leaving KOSU for HSB at the same time (to the minute) is highly, highly unusual. Most traffic out of KOSU is either loop flights (right back to KOSU) or to other parts of Ohio, not a lot of out-of-state (especially to TX). HSB is just low traffic generally. Just saying, noteworthy. 

There really aren't, normally. Will just say that the number through the course of last week appears to be an outlier.  

Anyone else intrigued not just by the flights, but that they were posted by someone who just registered 2 hours ago to post them, with this being their only post?  Maybe a troll, or maybe someone who wanted us to see these for a reason.

Edited by nunna yo bizness
  • Hook 'Em 1

IF urban happens either early next week or after early signing day while waiting out the  osu season, I’ll assume he feels good about the athletes on the team. Because why throw away a chance at working on most of the 2021 class?  
unless he thinks the portal will be extra stocked because of the unusual extra eligibility everyone has- and he’s got a good way to tamper without being caught. 

It all makes a little more sense now - it's a monster branding deal. Unfortunately, this is probably the worst possible time to roll out a mega deal. There 2020 reality is getting its groove on at the moment and lot's of folks are diving and hurting. Smart people don't roll out these deals as a pandemic is climaxing everywhere. And it would off-brand for Texas to look so elated at this moment in time. That is wise judgment. Sounds like the participants are still open to one another. Sketch out round two with the other participants involved. Deal needs to be wider for efficiency and flow.  .

TLDR: I hope the deal is simmering and interested parties express interest and support. Legendary Coach and a Legendary Program. That is a great way for coach to go out - winning on warm Texas nights. 

To the Big Hats or their errand boys: 

Musk moved to Texas. I imagine he would welcome a conversation with people who talk straight, listen with an open mind, and plan for the future. Don't drop the ball. After all, what is he going to do with all that money when he moves to Mars permanently?

spacer.png

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

IF urban happens either early next week or after early signing day while waiting out the  osu season, I’ll assume he feels good about the athletes on the team. Because why throw away a chance at working on most of the 2021 class?  
unless he thinks the portal will be extra stocked because of the unusual extra eligibility everyone has- and he’s got a good way to tamper without being caught. 

He saw plenty of exciting athletes on the field last Saturday. Freshmen who really haven't played all year shining on the OL and DBs and RB.  I just kept thinking watching the speed we displayed last Saturday, UM must be loving this.

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

He saw plenty of exciting athletes on the field last Saturday. Freshmen who really haven't played all year shining on the OL and DBs and RB.  I just kept thinking watching the speed we displayed last Saturday, UM must be loving this.

IF he comes, I think he'll try to recruit Sam to come back.  Last Saturday Urban seemed completely uninterested on set except a couple of times to gush about Sam.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

I feel like Urban is wrapped up and just waiting until OSU is done for the year (optimist). If not, I think giving another year to Herman makes sense just because there really doesn’t appear to be a clear upgrade. I’d like to say we’d suddenly beat teams like we should but don’t really believe it. We may be fucked.

Herman's out. CDC has already been very clear that Herman is a dead man walking, by not saying anything, not even a dreaded vote of confidence.

CSB:

I had a very vivid dream last night that I was somehow in attendance for the announcement of our next football coach. CDC came out and looked rundown. Everyone in the room looked happy and seemed to revel in our impending meltdown and ready to post their already penned article that the Texas faithful had to adjust their expectations. Then the lights dimmed and CDC got a big smirk on his face, he looks to his right... Urban walks through the door in burnt orange and takes the podium. Jaws on the floor and CDC pushes up his glasses in the direction of FCB and Bohls with his middle finger. 

It moved. Hook ‘em. 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Might be extra-stocked given the shitshow at LSU

1 minute ago, Droopy said:

CSB:

I had a very vivid dream last night that I was somehow in attendance for the announcement of our next football coach. CDC came out and looked rundown. Everyone in the room looked happy and seemed to revel in our impending meltdown and ready to post their already penned article that the Texas faithful had to adjust their expectations. Then the lights dimmed and CDC got a big smirk on his face, he looks to his right... Urban walks through the door in burnt orange and takes the podium. Jaws on the floor and CDC pushes up his glasses in the direction of FCB and Bohls with his middle finger. 

It moved. Hook ‘em. 🤘🏼

paul walker football GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Fuck it, I feel like Urban is a done deal and just waiting for OSU to be done. All the other shiite is just subterfuge hopefully. If not Urban then just keep Mensa, see who is available next year. Very best scenario Mensa crushes it and he becomes the next UT Messiah.

Damn I think I just basically repeated myself from a previous post. Freaking Jameson.

Edited by Dilligas
Whiskey

4 minutes ago, Droopy said:

CSB:

It moved. Hook ‘em. 🤘🏼

Hard GIF by memecandy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Anyone else intrigued not just by the flights, but that they were posted by someone who just registered 2 hours ago to post them, with this being their only post?  Maybe a troll, or maybe someone who wanted us to see these for a reason.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust [Night Crew - Best Crew]
1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Just to be clear, night crew, day crew, I don’t sleep much. I dig the night crew though. Urban Meyer til I die either way. I have decided I can’t continue to consider alternatives. 

I consider converting CTJ to the cause a turning point in the war effort.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Ummm teams have traveled with positives because they don't wait for the test results to come back---ACC.  Teams practice with ongoing outbreaks and just isolate the players.  Kansas has been battling an outbreak since mid november and has never suspended football activities, they suspended our game but they kept practicing.  They had like 20 players out last week due to covid exposure but they still played the game.  Now we have 3 players that test positive and 2 staff members and we have no reports of further positives that I am aware of but we have shut everything down.

Tom doesn't do his monday press conference.....but he is able to do his monday conference phone call with reporters???  Which basically amounts to him giving prepared statements to prepared questions.....

I am not saying CedyB is correct, but nor am I sanctimonious enough to claim he is a hack when nothing he has posted has followed that line of thought or logic so far.

Maybe he's a troll. Maybe he is connected. Maybe he is just like a bunch of us on here and hoping that it is still happening and connecting the dots.

My sentiments exactly. Great post.

Edited by wood

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic