Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

derpy - I PM'ed you. Check it out.

Nope there's no PMs allowed here.

Spill it on the thread.  Even if you're 100% correct, nobody on the outside is going to believe anything that's stated on the surl.  You're safe here.

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Nope there's no PMs allowed here.

Spill it on the thread.  Even if you're 100% correct, nobody on the outside is going to believe anything that's stated on the surl.  You're safe here.

This is especially true after the events of the past two weeks. 

51 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Okay, so I scoured the OSU and John Glenn airports in Columbus for interesting flights over the last few days (I also checked Longview and Tyler airports as suggested), and this is what I've got.

• Plane 1: Went Laredo TX to Columbus last night. Owned and operated by Kalitta Charters, a flight charter company out of Michigan that is reputable -- e.g., does a lot of work for the Department of Defense -- and operates out of Bergstrom and in other TX areas. Plane returned to Kalitta HQ after the trip.
  • Plane 2: Went Houston to Columbus on Monday, then Columbus to Sarasota FL yesterday. Operated by NetJets, so not reaching much into subsequent stops. 
  • Plane 3: After being in Columbus late last week, went to Longview and Brownsville TX last Thursday. On Sunday, it went from Brownsville back to Columbus.
  • Plane 4: One of the planes we were tracking last week that went from Horseshoe Bay to KOSU this past Sunday. Bounced around since then (it's another NetJets-operated plane), but it's upcoming itinerary for today and tomorrow is showing Chicago --> KOSU --> Horseshoe Bay.
  • Plane 5: Went from Sarasota to KOSU earlier in the week. Has made a couple hops in South Carolina since then, with next leg to Clemson SC this afternoon. Clearly Urban coming back from the FL vacation and checking out a couple SC golf courses before going to steal Brent Venables away from Clemson. 

There is a third airport in Columbus that was the former base. Rickenbacker. LCK

But, Marysville airport(KMRT) by the Honda plant would likely be closer to Urban's house than Rickenbacker.  

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I haven't been keeping up on all the different threads over there.... what does he mean by "reversed course"?

They were talking about whether Campbell was a non-starter for Texas. Now he thinks he could be a candidate. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Another data point that this may all be a big cover up was the lack of names that Urban would bring with him. Outside of the obvious core 4 and Dennis we heard no names. If he was truly out of the running I bet a few of those other names would have leaked by now. 

I don't think there is any cover up. If there was, all the 995'ers would have a hard on to write about it. UM reportedly told Texas he was "leaning" toward not coaching again. That of course could change if he gets the band back together, at which time Texas would gladly take his call. The lack of a definitive, hard no is interesting. 

6 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

I think shit gets interesting with Ohio State potentially being left out of the big 10 title game. If they get shunned and can't play in the CFP then I'm betting we see urban snag his buddies and then it's fucking on fellas/ladies!!!

I can honestly see this all going down as soon as both (a) OSU is out of the playoff and (b) Urban's Fox contract is up on the 19th. Once that happens, it's time to buckle up & enjoy the ride, imho.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, wood said:

I can honestly see this all going down as soon as both (a) OSU is out of the playoff and (b) Urban's Fox contract is up on the 19th. Once that happens, it's time to buckle up & enjoy the ride, imho.

Gonna be waiting on that I suppose. Big 10 just waived the 6 game limit rule. So Ohio St will be playing Northwestern in the championship. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Rumblings..?

Probably that Urban hasn't told anyone at OSU its a hard no, because there is no opening, and the normal "Texas is going to wait until after the regular season to evalute our coaches" line is taking hold.

I wanted Herman gone after KSU given the NSD1 timeline and thought that KU reschedule would be treated as an outlier but its clear we are doing what we do and are not letting  NSD1 change that.

I expect the Herman will be back line start because who would fire their coach that close to NSD1 and you can't fire him after NSD1 because that would be shitty to the kids.

If he's not fired by Sunday PM look out looney tunes.

24 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

The accounts were created at the same time and started bouncing tweets back and forth at the same time. Yes. They're together trolling.

They only deleted the bevo blvd account with the trolling reveal in order to try and keep it running.

They're on this board, too.

Ignore these accounts.

I'm not saying you're wrong - because you probably aren't - but I posted this upthread and I'll go ahead and repost I guess. It didn't gain much traction. I understand if the conspiracy theorist in me is a bit much for some, but that's what we're here for at this point.

On 12/8/2020 at 12:17 PM, ztejas said:

He wouldn't delete his account if he was just trolling. I'm guessing someone inside the AD found him and asked him to take that shit down. I think RGL has been vague enough about it that they wouldn't give him the same ultimatum. 

If Larry is a tOSU troll it would be the strangest long-con I've ever seen - complete with unrelated Texas-centric anecdotes and support posts going back months and all. He has money on the line between him and the Buckeye scoop guy. 

What's more likely - three tOSU guys making up a weirdly specific, complex troll job over the course of a few months to... do what exactly? Entertain a bunch of Texas fans over a potential happening that they wouldn't have anymore info about than any of us? That they wouldn't be able to guarantee wasn't or isn't happening?

Or...

Some loudmouth with an AD connect saying more shit than he should on an anonymous Twitter and the AD finding it and asking him to take it down?

Or or... scenario 3...

BevoBlvd being some unrelated party attempting to egg on Larry and the Squid and dipping out at a random moment complete with deleting his account, because, why? 

I'd add a scenario 4 that the BevoBlvd and Squid are related parties, unrelated to RGL, but RGL seemed awfully congenial with them from the start. And I'm pretty fucking convinced that Larry isn't a troll. He might flirt with trolling, but he certainly isn't some Sooner or Buckeye fan in disguise. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

he was "leaning" toward not coaching again

I mean that's it. That's all we really have. What Bohls/Davis wrote/confirmed. What Pete Thamel wrote and confirmed, it was all referencing FCB's "story."

I just can't get over this shit here:

"The possibility of three-time national championship Coach Urban Meyer ending up at Texas has come to an end after Meyer indicated to Texas that he's leaning toward not coaching again due to health reasons, a university source told Horns247."

Indicated? Leaning? WTF is this?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Gonna be waiting on that I suppose. Big 10 just waived the 6 game limit rule. So Ohio St will be playing Northwestern in the championship. 

Yeah. I dont know why this was even an issue. Even if they lost to Michigan they were still in he title game with the tiebreaker over Indiana,  right?   If they were 4-1 they wouldn't have done it I'm guessing but the game didn't make a shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, wood said:

Haven't caught up yet since this a.m. Has this been added to the list of datapoints?

I guess. Most of the Twitter links I post here are simply things I find interesting. Folks ran with that one a bit more than I was intending - but some decent points have been brought up.

My first instinct when I read it was - "Hmm... that seems like a long way off to cancel an event"

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Guys. Fellas. Gentle-men. I was merely reaching out derpy for some advice on the best kind of large private jet to charter for a long weekend trip with my wife traversing the midwest, parts of Colorado and greater Los Angeles. You're reading way too much into me asking for someone to check their PMs.

If you find yourself in Valley City, North Dakota, try the hot beef sandwich at the little gas station just off the interstate. You're fucking welcome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

There is a third airport in Columbus that was the former base. Rickenbacker. LCK

But, Marysville airport(KMRT) by the Honda plant would likely be closer to Urban's house than Rickenbacker.  

Only jets recently using MRT seem to be associated with Scott's Lawn products which has a huge plant in Marysville

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Guys. Fellas. Gentle-men. I was merely reaching out derpy for some advice on the best kind of large private jet to charter for a long weekend trip with my wife traversing the midwest, parts of Colorado and greater Los Angeles. You're reading way too much into me asking for someone to check their PMs.

I choose not to believe you, fella.

So, Derpy isn't dead?

• Haha 1

yeah sure. that was it or maybe it was you sending derpy the copy of the text from Urban to you saying "buckle up motherfuckers!"

Is your wife's name Shelly?

• Haha 2

So interviewing Chip Kelly, Troy Calhoun, and leaving the head of Al_4_ISU's favorite mule in his bed.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

Nice made up story...

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What about Siesta Key? Horseshoe Bay? Do the curtains match the carpet?

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

545601213_tenor(74).gif.1b09e4f7e02e74cb76481a83157fbe8a.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dassault F900 I assume?

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I guess. Most of the Twitter links I post here are simply things I find interesting. Folks ran with that one a bit more than I was intending - but some decent points have been brought up.

My first instinct when I read it was - "Hmm... that seems like a long way off to cancel an event"

Yeah I think it's definitely a long way off for cancellation, as others have said. There are huge events sooner than that that aren't getting cancelled.

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7xt63rbkaa51q0uwemm8zqp8tw6wyiq3piisdgbpy&rid=giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Taking Too Long GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic