Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Most OU fans realize a strong UT is absolutely vital for the long term health of this league...and more importantly vital for the best rivalry game in all of sports.  Make it so, Urban.  LFG

I’m with @ChiTownDoc on this. It still wouldn’t surprise me to see Urban in burnt orange at some point in the next few weeks. I would absolutely rather beat a strong UT than have you continue to wander the desert. The rivalry deserves that. Bring Urban in and let’s get back to the proper levels of hate in this rivalry. 

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I never pop in with “What’s going on?” But I just as y’all know started new job and have a break in training. Is anything happening that’s legit? Or just more tea leaf reading? 

hi btw! 😃😃😃

You were paged about above tweet... 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lonestarsooner said:

I’m with @ChiTownDoc on this. It still wouldn’t surprise me to see Urban in burnt orange at some point in the next few weeks. I would absolutely rather beat a strong UT than have you continue to wander the desert. The rivalry deserves that. Bring Urban in and let’s get back to the proper levels of hate in this rivalry. 

Things aside, I agree. Rivalries are truly best when both teams can consistently bring the best they can be. 

That put of the way, it’s 11:18 and ou still sucks. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Holy fuck are they actually going to play tOSU?

Not a fan of either but tOSU should say 'fuck you big 10 for your idiot decisions' and tell aggy we will play. You can bring your refs, we will play without the big 10s blessings. What is the big 10 gonna do? Fine them? That will scare them. Kick them out? Nope. The playoffs is not beholden to any conference and the big 10 did all of this to themselves when they pussyfooted around for 2 months. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Things aside, I agree. Rivalries are truly best when both teams can consistently bring the best they can be. 

That put of the way, it’s 11:18 and ou still sucks. 

Yes beating ou in a top five matchup is at the pinnacle of greatness.  But there had to have been moments during Stoops/Mack where you thought "damn it Stoops get your redneck ass to the NFL."

2 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Not a fan of either but tOSU should say 'fuck you big 10 for your idiot decisions' and tell aggy we will play. You can bring your refs, we will play without the big 10s blessings. What is the big 10 gonna do? Fine them? That will scare them. Kick them out? Nope. The playoffs is not beholden to any conference and the big 10 did all of this to themselves when they pussyfooted around for 2 months. 

I know it's not going to happen simply because it would make so much sense and be awesome if it did happen.

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

mouth breathers have no reason to play aggy.  They're in if they don't play another game.

Sounds like Big 10 gonna change the 6 game rule anyway. Figures. Well that also means the Big12 champ should also be in play for CFP. I know no one cares about conference (I do bc I am different from y’all—lol) but in this situation the winner of our conference should get every fair shot at CFP too. Especially this year. 

I hope it’s Iowa State! 

• Hook 'Em 1

Ummm teams have traveled with positives because they don't wait for the test results to come back---ACC.  Teams practice with ongoing outbreaks and just isolate the players.  Kansas has been battling an outbreak since mid november and has never suspended football activities, they suspended our game but they kept practicing.  They had like 20 players out last week due to covid exposure but they still played the game.  Now we have 3 players that test positive and 2 staff members and we have no reports of further positives that I am aware of but we have shut everything down.
Tom doesn't do his monday press conference.....but he is able to do his monday conference phone call with reporters???  Which basically amounts to him giving prepared statements to prepared questions.....

I am not saying CedyB is correct, but nor am I sanctimonious enough to claim he is a hack when nothing he has posted has followed that line of thought or logic so far.

Maybe he's a troll. Maybe he is connected. Maybe he is just like a bunch of us on here and hoping that it is still happening and connecting the dots.

You are now officially on notice as being CeddYB.

141adf37fb7ce1886890d27cb81e37bc.gif
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

mouth breathers have no reason to play aggy.  They're in if they don't play another game.

Probably. UF beating Bama would make it a little interesting. If tOSU plays aggy and wins they are 100% in without a doubt - and I'm sure they'd like their chances in that game.

Again, it's not happening. Just wish it did.

• Hook 'Em 1

How the hell do I find my posts on here?  When asked my opinion I said all the flightaware and Meyer being in HSB were just fun and games. 

I believe I said it’s happening but those in charge are way too smart to be flying Urban into Texas just to talk - especially while UT still has a coach.  

Im not saying it’s happening but just because all that BS was ruled out doesn’t make a shit.  So...it’s happening?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

How the hell do I find my posts on here?  When asked my opinion I said all the flightaware and Meyer being in HSB were just fun and games. 

I believe I said it’s happening but those in charge are way too smart to be flying Urban into Texas just to talk - especially while UT still has a coach.  

Im not saying it’s happening but just because all that BS was ruled out doesn’t make a shit.  So...it’s happening?

If it's happening than CDC is one smart, calculating mofo.  I seem to believe he's a pretty bright guy especially given his first four hires, but as someone said, this ain't track and field or softball.

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

If it's happening than CDC is one smart, calculating mofo.  I seem to believe he's a pretty bright guy especially given his first four hires, but as someone said, this ain't track and field or softball.

You all have gotten used to so much stupid, you assume the worst.  Usually execs who make well into the 7 figures are smart calculating mofo’s - unless nepotism got them there.  There’s always exceptions but I see no reason why Joe C and CDC aren’t cut from the same cloth.  OU’s Stoops to LR transition was so smooth everyone assumed there was some massive scandal.  Truth is LR was a very hot name and likely wasn’t gonna be ok with HCIW title.  Anyways, that’s how moves should be made at the highest levels.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You all have gotten used to so much stupid, you assume the worst.  Usually execs who make well into the 7 figures are smart calculating mofo’s - unless nepotism got them there.  There’s always exceptions but I see no reason why Joe C and CDC aren’t cut from the same cloth.  OU’s Stoops to LR transition was so smooth everyone assumed there was some massive scandal.  Truth is LR was a very hot name and likely wasn’t gonna be ok with HCIW title.  Anyways, that’s how moves should be made at the highest levels.  

I don't disagree at all and have a very high opinion of CDC until he proves me wrong.  However, in my circle and even in the sportsworld you come across people and think "how the fuck did he/she get here?"  But yes, for the most part the top .01 percent have their shit together, are smart and know how to win

Ugggh...gonna need a new computer for my work at some point. May have to knock over a bank or convenience store. That Skype and zoom I just did. Furk! 

If Urban is never going to be in play then a damn coaching search. Please. We need the input of those we would seek to hire. We still don’t even know what Urban saw/knows about UT and his ideas (not general ones on how to fix teams) are on how we can fix our shit. I don’t think we could bring him on as an analyst even bc of his work with OSU. Why do I suddenly feel positive again? Why do I do this to myself? Lol.

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Mullen went 10-3 at Florida his first year, he had to rebuild? I think the roster was pretty good. I mean it wasn’t Charlie strong cake is baked good but he didn’t inherit a dumpster fire. 

Mixed bag, there was some quality skill position guys but the recruiting up to that point had prioritized stars over need.  You're still seeing some of that this season.  Our defense is a dumpster fire after losing a handful of guys.  The O-line was especially bad, in depth and skill, when Mullen took over. The TE position pretty much didnt exist under butter teeth (Pitts was one of his first signings). That 2018 team had a great stable of backs, 2 are in the NFL now, and no one knew who they were because they were running into walls all season. 

Mullen has also relied pretty heavily on the transfers to smooth some of that over, we would have been turbo-fucked without some of the guys he found in the portal.  Van Jefferson, Trevon Grimes, Jonathan Greenard, Justin Shorter, Brenton Cox Jr, the list goes on.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, he loses consistently to any coach with a playoff team. But I respect the faith. 

I don’t think there was a single one of those teams that didn’t have more talent than OU...The only team with more talent that OU beats is you guys.
The playoff losses you live with - OU was a favorite in one of those games...against Clemson.  That was before we all knew who Clemson was.  Disappointing for sure but there’s hope in Norman.  And hope is a hell of a drug.  

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Yes beating ou in a top five matchup is at the pinnacle of greatness.  But there had to have been moments during Stoops/Mack where you thought "damn it Stoops get your redneck ass to the NFL."

Sure, but that’s emotion and not logically speaking. 

When one brings the A game and the other a C+/B-, interesting games can still happen. But it peaks when both bring their A+ and go toe to toe. 

1 hour ago, vtaenz said:

I love mainlining these conspiracy theories but these guys said Herman out 100% Sunday or Monday at the latest. Urban would be announced Tuesday at the latest. None of that happened.
I think we should tap the brakes on UM talk and manage our expectations.

feel free to, the boards are here for us to speculate.  The best option now the way some of us see it is UM is on board. Timing is secondary, but probably sooner than most think due to the silence and continued cancellations of events involving Herman and Meyer

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

I believe @Chili dog also had a true Ohio State experience in Columbus.

Affirmative. Those people are every bit as delusional as aggies (I’m kinda with CTJ on the issue of aggy/aggie), but 100x as violent. I fucking hate that fan base. The women pick fights (fistfights) with perfectly innocent men minding their own business. They throw urine. They’re subhuman. 

A guy walked into our hotel after the game and pulled off his Ohio State sweatshirt to reveal his Texas shirt underneath. He told us his OSU friend gave him the shirt so he would be able to drive out of the parking lot without getting a brick through his windshield. Subhuman, I tell you. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic