Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

JFC people Texas isn't "faking" COVID results.  That's fucking ridiculous.

100%. Now, whether there is judgment or discretion involved in deciding the extent to which football operations/events are shut down... 

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

This same thought has been creeping around in my mind. Here is my take:

Urban is taking the job, but won't announce anything until CDC fires Herman or until after tOSU's regular season ends to avoid the circus that would ensue. CDC won't fire Herman until after our last regular season game due to "optics" or whatever. It was a bit premature to believe that we would hear something last week because CDC was never going to fire Herman mid season.

Now that tOSU has canceled the Michigan game, Urban can start to have more serious conversations with possible staff he would want from tOSU should he come. His FOX contract ends on Saturday, our last game is on Saturday, tOSU is now done, but would have played their last game on Saturday. If something goes down I would guess it will be Sunday or Monday at the absolute latest. I am still holding out a glimmer of hope, at least until next week.  

If, and this is a really, really, really fucking big IF, this is still being discussed behind the scenes I think the more likely thing is that CDC would've fired Herman IF Urban was ready sign on the dotted line. Rather than health issues, I think Urban was having a hard time getting his trusted people to commit with everything OSU still had on the table for 2020. Whether it was coaching courtesy, or just standing down to let them finish their season, maybe that's what is going on here. Urban is still an employee of OSU at this point and either doesn't think NSD1 is a deal-breaker or has just punted it for the greater good. I'm still of the belief that this situation is just too perfect on both sides for it to not happen.

Urban coming to Texas is probably about as likely as finding a PS5 in time for Xmas but I'm still holding out hope (for Urban, not the game system).

• Hook 'Em 1

I work with Walker Littles brother. He is reporting Urban was at Escandido in Austin playing golf recently...was told this by friend who is a member there. 
Oh and the story about a Texas coach clogging up the toilet in their home is not accurate.  They just did not like Herman. 

Man I’m conflicted here in terms of wanting to believe
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, gmr548 said:

Man I’m conflicted here in terms of wanting to believe

he and I have not even discussed Urban and this morning he comes in my office and asks "what is the deal with Urban".  i took him down the surly rabbit hole and unofficially greeted him into the night crew

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, THUJONE said:

The silence is deafening.

This is the key fact.  Anything else is so far down the list.  If any other coaches were truly being contacted we would know about it, if only by agents of those coaches to create leverage for a raise.  We heard about talks with UM, we aren't hearing about talks with anyone.  The theory that UM and Texas wanted to dampen the chatter is a legit one, it may not be true (might even a near certainty that it's not true) but it's not far fetched and can't be ruled out until tOSU and Texas are done with their seasons, Tom Herman is confirmed by official UT sources to remain the coach or he is replaced with someone else. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

This is the key fact.  Anything else is so far down the list.  If any other coaches were truly being contacted we would know about it, if only by agents of those coaches to create leverage for a raise.  We heard about talks with UM, we aren't hearing about talks with anyone.  The theory that UM and Texas wanted to dampen the chatter is a legit one, it may not be true but it's not far fetched and can't be ruled out until tOSU and Texas are done with their seasons, Tom Herman is confirmed by official UT sources to remain the coach or he is replaced with someone else. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That’s one team?  Had no idea.  Beating a team you play every year is what I’m getting at.  I’m sure you guys would have smashed in the playoffs. Soon!

#urban

IDK man.....Klieman and Kstate seem to have lincolns number

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

Some notes from Burtons article

-said to be patient about a coaching search. Expects to happen after conference championship games but before playoffs

-Still fully expects Tom Herman gone

-UM has rebuffed our overtures...for now but can change with a text or call any day. Open ended

-Ian Boyd is touting Sonny fucking Dykes...thats worse than Kubiak IMO

-Conflicting info on Mullen but said things may not be entirely rosy in Gainesville

-Gerry said the odds of retaining Herman are way less than 5%

• Hook 'Em 9

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

-said to be patient about a coaching search. Expects to happen after conference championship games but before playoffs

-UM has rebuffed our overtures...for now but can change with a text or call any day. Open ended

-Conflicting info on Mullen but said things may not be entirely rosy in Gainesville

While I appreciate Ian Boyd's play analysis, he's a fucking moron if he wants Sonny Dykes.

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ian Boyd is touting Sonny fucking Dykes...thats worse than Kubiak IMO

I'd love Dykes on staff as he can recruit the fuck out of Texas. As HC? God no. I'm not sure about his future at SMU much less UT. He turned an interim spot into a gig.

35 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

I work with Walker Littles brother. He is reporting Urban was at Escandido in Austin playing golf recently...was told this by friend who is a member there. 

Oh and the story about a Texas coach clogging up the toilet in their home is not accurate.  They just did not like Herman. 

dumb and dumber GIF

Next you'll tell me Princely didn't spike a volleyball into Jimbos face...

Lies No GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

tl;dr - No one knows shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

Picture this: Urban is enjoying some hot chocolate on New Years Eve with Shelley when word leaks out that we're offering Lane Kiffin 3 mil a year plus a lifetime VIP card to Maggie Mae's bar to be our next head coach.  Urban looks out his window at the slushy 15 degree Columbus night, looks back at Shelley and says "are you sure you don't want to get paid 60 million to leave Ohio for 5 years?"  And then Urban hires Lane as OC and tells him he's fired if he ever sets foot at Maggie Mae's.

Burton’s article seems accurate. Herman is out and as they do the search for Plan B, at any moment Meyer can have the job if he wants it. Doubt he reconsiders but who knows.

CeddyB looks like a complete nobody just trolling everybody, just like the squidboy.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Burton’s article seems accurate. Herman is out and as they do the search for Plan B, at any moment Meyer can have the job if he wants it. Doubt he reconsiders but who knows.

CeddyB looks like a complete nobody just trolling everybody, just like the squidboy.

I'm like 95% sure Ceddy reads Surly. After @RGBIII posted about Burton's update, he fired off a tweet about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic