Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

14 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Nick Saban has had a false positive once and full blown Covid once. Neither one of the games were cancelled lulz. Seems pretty sketchy on our end. I think shit gets interesting with Ohio State potentially being left out of the big 10 title game. If they get shunned and can't play in the CFP then I'm betting we see urban snag his buddies and then it's fucking on fellas/ladies!!!

lulz

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Due to Department of Health capacity restrictions placed on Hobart Arena, “An Evening with Urban Meyer” event scheduled for April 22, 2021, has been cancelled with the hope of rescheduling in the fall of 2021. The event has sold very well and we simply cannot accommodate the sheer number of ticket holders on the April date. 
The Troy Area Chamber of Commerce has been assured that Coach Meyer is excited about the opportunity to speak to a capacity crowd at Hobart Arena, so the Troy Area Chamber of Commerce will work diligently to reschedule this exciting event.
Refunds on credit cards should be automatically processed by next Friday, December 18th. If you purchased your tickets with cash, please return your tickets to the Hobart Arena Ticket office Weekdays 9am – 5pm as soon as possible for a full cash refund. 
If you have further questions or need assistance, please call the Hobart Arena offices at  (937) 339-2911.

Capacity is only 3,782 FWIW - seems like it is a bit far out to cancel that 

7 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Due to Department of Health capacity restrictions placed on Hobart Arena, “An Evening with Urban Meyer” event scheduled for April 22, 2021, has been cancelled with the hope of rescheduling in the fall of 2021. The event has sold very well and we simply cannot accommodate the sheer number of ticket holders on the April date. 
The Troy Area Chamber of Commerce has been assured that Coach Meyer is excited about the opportunity to speak to a capacity crowd at Hobart Arena, so the Troy Area Chamber of Commerce will work diligently to reschedule this exciting event.
Refunds on credit cards should be automatically processed by next Friday, December 18th. If you purchased your tickets with cash, please return your tickets to the Hobart Arena Ticket office Weekdays 9am – 5pm as soon as possible for a full cash refund. 
If you have further questions or need assistance, please call the Hobart Arena offices at  (937) 339-2911.

Get your refund ASAP means they have no intention of rescheduling this event. They usually like to hold on to your money as long as possible.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

So Burton just posted that oh there's so much going on behind the scenes, looking at other coaches, blah blah. I'm telling you right now this seems like a giant fucking foot-drag. They aren't even good at it. Like they are trying to give enough info to make it look like there's stuff happening in order to give Urbs cover until he takes the job. Is this conspiratorial thinking? Yes. Are College Football coaching searches the perfect place for such a mindset? Absolutely. 

The silence is deafening.

tenor (17).gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

So Burton just posted that oh there's so much going on behind the scenes, looking at other coaches, blah blah. I'm telling you right now this seems like a giant fucking foot-drag. They aren't even good at it. Like they are trying to give enough info to make it look like there's stuff happening in order to give Urbs cover until he takes the job. Is this conspiratorial thinking? Yes. Are College Football coaching searches the perfect place for such a mindset? Absolutely. 
It is telling that CDC has never publicly disavowed Curtaingate or even tried to interpret Squid's latest emoji riddle. He's definitely hiding something.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Team @THUJONE checking in. If he’s our general, consider me his brigadier.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

This.  Futureman prepare thy anus.   

Edited by stork642
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Hmmmmm

There are just too many cancellations of events involving Herman and now Urban to be a coincidence.  The Sunday practice, the presser, herman's t.v. show and now Urban is canceling events. If you have to bet on whether Urban is ours or not, then there is compelling evidence that continues to mount that he's ours to bet against it. You have these facts on one side of the scale and FCB's reporting on the other.  I'll take mounting facts, plus CDC's silence, together they tip the scales in our direction.

.Black Lives Matter Justice GIF by Mighty Oak

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

There are just too many cancellations of events involving Herman and now Urban to be a coincidence.  The Sunday practice, the presser, herman's t.v. show and now Urban is canceling events. If you have to bet on whether Urban is ours or not, then there is compelling evidence that continues to mount that he's ours to bet against it. You have these facts on one side of the scale and FCB's reporting on the other.  I'll take mounting facts, plus CDC's silence, together they tip the scales in our direction.

.Black Lives Matter Justice GIF by Mighty Oak

James Franklin being floated around seems strange to me too. At the very least names like that are a smokescreen for a legitimate plan B. We are not hiring that fuck. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

James Franklin being floated around seems strange to me too. At the very least names like that are a smokescreen for a legitimate plan B. We are not hiring that fuck. 

agreed he's a fraud. but it's easy because supposedly he has a relationship with CDC

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I love how tOSU is freaking out over Urbs to UT more than any other school.  I’ve always said they have the worst fans in cfb.  Mouth breathers galore.  

They are freaking out about him potentially coming more than Texas fans are about him not coming.

Meanwhile, OU fans are mostly of the "fuck it, bring it on" opinion. Which is another data point for why it is such a great rivalry.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

They are freaking out about him potentially coming more than Texas fans are about him not coming.

Meanwhile, OU fans are mostly of the "fuck it, bring it on" opinion. Which is another data point for why it is such a great rivalry.

Most OU fans realize a strong UT is absolutely vital for the long term health of this league...and more importantly vital for the best rivalry game in all of sports.  Make it so, Urban.  LFG

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

This same thought has been creeping around in my mind. Here is my take:

Urban is taking the job, but won't announce anything until CDC fires Herman or until after tOSU's regular season ends to avoid the circus that would ensue. CDC won't fire Herman until after our last regular season game due to "optics" or whatever. It was a bit premature to believe that we would hear something last week because CDC was never going to fire Herman mid season.

Now that tOSU has canceled the Michigan game, Urban can start to have more serious conversations with possible staff he would want from tOSU should he come. His FOX contract ends on Saturday, our last game is on Saturday, tOSU is now done, but would have played their last game on Saturday. If something goes down I would guess it will be Sunday or Monday at the absolute latest. I am still holding out a glimmer of hope, at least until next week.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah but they still suck.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I love how tOSU is freaking out over Urbs to UT more than any other school.  I’ve always said they have the worst fans in cfb.  Mouth breathers galore.  

I can vouch.  Visited that dump Columbus in '05.  What a shitty group of people, seriously.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

tOSU is now done, but would have played their last game on Saturday. If something goes down I would guess it will be Sunday or Monday at the absolute latest. I am still holding out a glimmer of hope, at least until next week.  

They're going to the playoffs.  Nothing will happen until their season is over in January re: Urban Meyer.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They have every right to that opinion at this point. But, if we do get Urban, the one thing he is truly elite at is dragging his nuts across his Rivals face on a yearly basis. He is even better than Saban in that regard. So be careful what you wish for you meth mouthed donut vacuums. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

tOSU is now done, but would have played their last game on Saturday

Incorrect.  Ohio State will have a game on December 19th.

As for Ohio State fans freaking out?  I don't care what Urban Meyer chooses to do.  Maybe the lunatic fringe is going nuts but they're fucking idiots to begin with.  Poaching the staff?  The only ones I see as possible or likely would be Pantoni and Marroti and both of those guys would be huge losses.

If he gets Bill Davis good luck because linebacker play at Ohio State has never been as bad as it was when Davis was there.

ETA: and Dennis who is family.

Edited by VABuckeye

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Urban is taking the job, but won't announce anything until CDC fires Herman or until after tOSU's regular season ends to avoid the circus that would ensue. CDC won't fire Herman until after our last regular season game due to "optics" or whatever. It was a bit premature to believe that we would hear something last week because CDC was never going to fire Herman mid season.

Now that tOSU has canceled the Michigan game, Urban can start to have more serious conversations with possible staff he would want from tOSU should he come. His FOX contract ends on Saturday, our last game is on Saturday, tOSU is now done, but would have played their last game on Saturday. If something goes down I would guess it will be Sunday or Monday at the absolute latest. I am still holding out a glimmer of hope, at least until next week.  

I’m here except I’m expecting a mid January announcement 

• Hook 'Em 1

I made a mistake. I got board and went into CR. Whoops. They cray cray. I need to track flights or something to wash my palette. I feel gross. Give me a HSB flight to track! 

Haven’t even seen your posts in there but sounds like you need to TTLP
  • Like 1

I work with Walker Littles brother. He is reporting Urban was at Escandido in Austin playing golf recently...was told this by friend who is a member there. 

Oh and the story about a Texas coach clogging up the toilet in their home is not accurate.  They just did not like Herman. 

dumb and dumber GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

There are like five posters that make up 90% of the posts including at least one bot/troll. It’s probably a good idea to stay away from that board unless you literally have nothing else to do and even then just sitting in a room and staring at the wall is probably more productive. 

The CR is much better than the football board for 8 months of the year that comprise the off season. They’re both circle jerky, but at least the CR keeps the content fresh. Football board constantly litigates the same shit. And not at a high level.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Incorrect.  Ohio State will have a game on December 19th.

As for Ohio State fans freaking out?  I don't care what Urban Meyer chooses to do.  Maybe the lunatic fringe is going nuts but they're fucking idiots to begin with.  Poaching the staff?  The only ones I see as possible or likely would be Pantoni and Marroti and both of those guys would be huge losses.

If he gets Bill Davis good luck because linebacker play at Ohio State has never been as bad as it was when Davis was there.

My bad on the last game, but you are right on when it comes to the coaches. I have no idea if those guys would even come with Urban at this point, but if they do it would hurt. Texas actually has two great defensive coaches on staff now in Ash and Coleman Hutzler at LB and Urban has kept defensive staff intact at his last few stops for year 1 at least. I am confident both would be retained because they have both been very good and Ash of course already has ties. As far as the rest, who knows. This is all wild speculation at this point anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

They have every right to that opinion at this point. But, if we do get Urban, the one thing he is truly elite at is dragging his nuts across his Rivals face on a yearly basis. He is even better than Saban in that regard. So be careful what you wish for you meth mouthed donut vacuums. 

Zero worries.  LR isn’t losing consistently to anyone.  I could be wrong - I’d love to find out.  

16 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I haven't looked it up, but I think his contract might expire next Saturday, the 19th.

21 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Most OU fans realize a strong UT is absolutely vital for the long term health of this league...and more importantly vital for the best rivalry game in all of sports.  Make it so, Urban.  LFG

I don't know if it's that as much as it is irrational confidence fueled by hate and euphoria following a slew of wins. Texas could roll out the 85 Bears with Dan Marino at QB and OU fans would be chirping "yeah well we'll still beat your ass by 3 TDs". We could get Urban and face off against a shitty OU team and Texas fans would still be dry heaving the morning of at the thought of potentially losing. 

The games prove it. The years in which what is expected to happen actually comes to fruition are few and far between. Shit, the second halves in which what happens aligns with what you would expect after watching the first half are few and far between. Even when the favorite wins the game, it's almost always to the effect of "wow, they fucked around and made that a lot closer than it should have been" or (unfortunately for OU case as of late) "man, I wasn't expecting them to win by THAT much". Then you have a TON of years where the winner had no business winning. 

It's the biggest roulette-wheel spin of an annual college football game there is. For as good as Vegas is at these things, they almost NEVER get the line right. Charlie fucking Strong should have beaten OU TWICE. You could take Charlie's shittiest Texas team and roll the dice 100 times against one of Stoop's best teams and Texas probably finds a way to win like 12 of them. Mack had close to MNC talent every year between 2000 and 2004 and lost five straight. Peter fucking Gardere won all four of his games against OU (and even more bizzare - that was four straight unranked Texas teams upsetting ranked OU teams). The only other game that comes close imo is the Iron Bowl. 

Anyway - bit of a tangent - just always fascinates me. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

I leaning that he’s a troll who got lucky. I don’t think a staff that is being embarrassed nationally is going to keep an air-tight conspiracy going that would have actual consequences with the NCAA and possibly the CDC*.

*the federal entity, not AD 

What consequences exactly?  I don't doubt they have some positives, but 2 schools can choose not to play a game if they wish for whatever reason. Having a couple of positive cases and being "concerned about contact tracing and exposures" doesn't violate any rules regarding the NCAA or the CDC......

Seriously stuff is getting canceled all the time right now due to being overly cautious and playing it safe.......

8 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

I work with Walker Littles brother. He is reporting Urban was at Escandido in Austin playing golf recently...was told this by friend who is a member there. 

Oh and the story about a Texas coach clogging up the toilet in their home is not accurate.  They just did not like Herman. 

dumb and dumber GIF

very important question - did you bring up the toilet issue or did he?

Edited by NoName

I don't know if it's that as much as it is irrational confidence fueled by hate and euphoria following a slew of wins. Texas could roll out the 85 Bears with Dan Marino at QB and OU fans would be chirping "yeah well we'll still beat your ass by 3 TDs". We could get Urban and face off against a shitty OU team and Texas fans would still be dry heaving the morning of at the thought of potentially losing. 

The games prove it. The years in which what is expected to happen actually comes to fruition are few and far between. Shit, the second halves in which what happens aligns with what you would expect after watching the first half are few and far between. Even when the favorite wins the game, it's almost always to the effect of "wow, they fucked around and made that a lot closer than it should have been" or (unfortunately for OU case as of late) "man, I wasn't expecting them to win by THAT much". Then you have a TON of years where the winner had no business winning. 

It's the biggest roulette-wheel spin of an annual college football game there is. For as good as Vegas is at these things, they almost NEVER get the line right. Charlie fucking Strong should have beaten OU TWICE. You could take Charlie's shittiest Texas team and roll the dice 100 times against one of Stoop's best teams and Texas probably finds a way to win like 12 of them. Mack had close to MNC talent every year between 2000 and 2004 and lost five straight. Peter fucking Gardere won all four of his games against OU. The only other game that comes close imo is the Iron Bowl. 

Anyway - bit of a tangent - just always fascinates me. 

Oh - definitely.  See my post.  I agree that’s the current mental mindset...and it’s rooted in the recent past.  Urban could flip it fast.  But again - very few in Norman are scared.  To be fair, very few are smart either...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The CR is much better than the football board for 8 months of the year that comprise the off season. They’re both circle jerky, but at least the CR keeps the content fresh. Football board constantly litigates the same shit. And not at a high level.

office space no GIF

• Hook 'Em 6

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic