Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

25 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Some notes from Burtons article

-said to be patient about a coaching search. Expects to happen after conference championship games but before playoffs

-Still fully expects Tom Herman gone

-UM has rebuffed our overtures...for now but can change with a text or call any day. Open ended

-Ian Boyd is touting Sonny fucking Dykes...thats worse than Kubiak IMO

-Conflicting info on Mullen but said things may not be entirely rosy in Gainesville

-Gerry said the odds of retaining Herman are way less than 5%

BMDs waiting on Urban's text

woody.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Hey CeddyB.  You are a complete piece of shit.

If he's the clown that implied Texas if faking Covid testing that is all you need to know.  All those twitter fucks are just trolls.  Don't know why anyone here is giving them any credit.

28 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

-said to be patient about a coaching search. Expects to happen after conference championship games but before playoffs

-UM has rebuffed our overtures...for now but can change with a text or call any day. Open ended

-Conflicting info on Mullen but said things may not be entirely rosy in Gainesville

Ian Boyd doing mental gymnastics until his brain is twisted into a deformed pretzel even Fat Ketch would have second thoughts about eating that ultimately concludes Sonny Dykes is the best hire is about the most on brand thing imaginable. 

9 minutes ago, Octavian said:

I'm like 95% sure Ceddy reads Surly. After @RGBIII posted about Burton's update, he fired off a tweet about it.

You know who else reads Surly?

Spoiler

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Although, to be fair, don't think his wife would have posted this if he was 100% trolling:

Yeah in Cedys defense, he has posted a lot of stuff before we were even talking about it.  He definitely was the first to report that Sunday practice and Herman's press conference wouldn't happen.  Now was he just lucky? Possibly.....but in all honesty he has as much credibility as any insider currently does.  Surly or 9.95....

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

If he's the clown that implied Texas if faking Covid testing that is all you need to know.  All those twitter fucks are just trolls.  Don't know why anyone here is giving them any credit.

He never said they were faking squat, but lots of teams have played with covid positives. Kansas played with about half their team out a week ago.  We have a report of a couple of staff members and players testing positive and we completely suspend all football operations.

People on this very board are saying we are using it as cover to not play the game.

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

He never said they were faking squat, but lots of teams have played with covid positives. Kansas played with about half their team out a week ago.  We have a report of a couple of staff members and players testing positive and we completely suspend all football operations.

People on this very board are saying we are using it as cover to not play the game.

I'm pretty sure the issue is it's an ongoing outbreak.  When you haven't had a day without a new positive test among the traveling party (when the traveling party all tested negative before leaving for Manhattan) you don't practice.  I think that's pretty much SOP in college and NFL I believe.  Once you get some comfort you have isolated positives + immediate contacts then you can play or not per the guidelines.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Out of this entire crapshow in this thread, the highlight (lowlight?) had to be the attempts at squid deciphering.  Peak Surly.  

The flight tracking, curtain matching, etc., is all expected.

But the squid was a random Twitter troll, the tweets from which consist entirely of emojis.  If ever a source screamed to be ignored, that was it.  But Surly spent several hundred posts on deciphering those emojis.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I love mainlining these conspiracy theories but these guys said Herman out 100% Sunday or Monday at the latest. Urban would be announced Tuesday at the latest. None of that happened.
I think we should tap the brakes on UM talk and manage our expectations.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, vtaenz said:

I love mainlining these conspiracy theories but these guys said Herman out 100% Sunday or Monday at the latest. Urban would be announced Tuesday at the latest. None of that happened.

How Dare You Greta GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Wrong thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

I'm pretty sure the issue is it's an ongoing outbreak.  When you haven't had a day without a new positive test among the traveling party (when the traveling party all tested negative before leaving for Manhattan) you don't practice.  I think that's pretty much SOP in college and NFL I believe.  Once you get some comfort you have isolated positives + immediate contacts then you can play or not per the guidelines.  

Ummm teams have traveled with positives because they don't wait for the test results to come back---ACC.  Teams practice with ongoing outbreaks and just isolate the players.  Kansas has been battling an outbreak since mid november and has never suspended football activities, they suspended our game but they kept practicing.  They had like 20 players out last week due to covid exposure but they still played the game.  Now we have 3 players that test positive and 2 staff members and we have no reports of further positives that I am aware of but we have shut everything down.

Tom doesn't do his monday press conference.....but he is able to do his monday conference phone call with reporters???  Which basically amounts to him giving prepared statements to prepared questions.....

I am not saying CedyB is correct, but nor am I sanctimonious enough to claim he is a hack when nothing he has posted has followed that line of thought or logic so far.

Maybe he's a troll. Maybe he is connected. Maybe he is just like a bunch of us on here and hoping that it is still happening and connecting the dots.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, nnm said:

Out of this entire crapshow in this thread, the highlight (lowlight?) had to be the attempts at squid deciphering.  Peak Surly.  

But the squid was a random Twitter troll, the tweets from which consist entirely of emojis.  If ever a source screamed to be ignored, that was it.  But Surly spent several hundred posts on deciphering those emojis.  

tenor (11).gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Not very Surly of you.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Manage our expectations? We don’t do that here, especially not the day crew. Take that nonsense to the night crew!

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Mullen isn’t liking Florida anymore? Well here we fucking go! He’s going to take away some of our BDE for urban. Prima-donna SEC pussy. I mean unless he wants to come here and put together a pipe hitting staff...then he’s big 12 ready and what not. Advantage Aggy  

Hey if you can believe Saban was going to leave Alabama to come here....Mullen leaving Florida is easy to believe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Mullen has been coaching in the southeast since 2005.  He finally has Florida past the rebuild phase and is starting to compete.  UF will be opening a new football athletics complex late next year.  I don't see him leaving all that to start over in Texas, where he would have to build recruiting ties from scratch.  You guys already went through this with Charlie, you need a guy that already has roots in Texas so he can hit the ground running IMO.

• Like 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

Mullen has been coaching in the southeast since 2005.  He finally has Florida past the rebuild phase and is starting to compete.  UF will be opening a new football athletics complex late next year.  I don't see him leaving all that to start over in Texas, where he would have to build recruiting ties from scratch.  You guys already went through this with Charlie, you need a guy that already has roots in Texas so he can hit the ground running IMO.

Charlie actually recruited fairly well on paper, he just couldn't do any other aspect of the job worth a shit. 

394b77ac89522d7b4ee0d43d5b024e0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

What's the story behind saying "Germans"? | Page 2 | TigerDroppings.com

2 hours ago, GreenGiant said:

Capacity is only 3,782 FWIW - seems like it is a bit far out to cancel that 

Exactly what I was getting at previously. Anything over 10k tickets (a real arena) then ok, I can see that being a thing. But for ~3500? Not this far out. Feb or March, maybe.

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

Get your refund ASAP means they have no intention of rescheduling this event. They usually like to hold on to your money as long as possible.

Bingo. If they had any intention of rescheduling at all, it would be a "hold onto your tickets" type of deal. Been through a lot of that shit already this year.

1 hour ago, TotallyLegit said:

I haven't looked it up, but I think his contract might expire next Saturday, the 19th.

That won't matter. Any contract Urban has with Fox has all kinds of outs that will let him go back to coaching with no penalties. If he signs with Fox, it will NOT let him leave to go do TV for ESPN and shit without a hefty buyout.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic