Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Basically it was this:

flightaware showed way too many stops that just couldn’t be ignored. Horseshoe bay to Columbus to Cincy to Florida with a flight from Sarasota back to Austin tomorrow.  The thing about Sarasota is UM’s wife stated she was going there for some R&R on Twitter.  Can’t be a coincidence. This was after the flight out to LA a few days prior that came back through HSB if my memory is right.

then that squid fella tweeted cryptic style a confirmation of the last few days events.

I think Burton had some Intel too that corroborated the flights with a regent involved or something - don’t recall.

But the flight stuff got really legit tight late today.

then one of the great detective moves in all of surly / shaggy history - centex hillbilly saw urban on TV today and noticed the hotel decor and traced it back to horseshoe bay resort rooms and even posted the exact match - wall color, window, chair and curtain style. 

we all started celebrating then and haven’t stopped since.
Holy shit, missed the Horseshoe bay thing..

I can now sleep knowing tomorrow will likely be a good day.

Key West is fabulous, but all the Florida beaches are light years beyond our Texas beaches.
The beach on SPI wouldnt look out of place in Florida..but thats about it. Having said that, jellyfish and oil globules littering the beach is just the Texas coast ambiance..its more about sitting under an umbrella sipping jungle juice thinking about the crawfish boil later.

I guess I don’t see it but I’m happy to be wrong.

for the latecomers the convo about the room starts around post 10505.

Also SI legitimized the rumors today of course a few days behind. And some reputable posters across UT message boards confirmed with their cryptic statements.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mensa's Subconscious said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yeah, read that on 247 a little while ago.... such massive butthurt from buckees that it's even being discussed, much like when the BamaJelly myopians claimed that Saban nor his agent (Sexton) never had any interest in Texas, which has been proven to be a LIE!

I cannot wait for the Epic Meltdown to come from the buckees, because this is already showing to be so much different than that clusterfuck non-offer to Saban..

12 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

But we don't have a timeline yet on when this dance started, so it still can be the HSB resort. We don't actually know how often he's visited in the past, neither.

10 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

Was Texans7 really right about the Urban contacts in October?

I dunno what Texans7 said, but I'll repeat what I said wayyyy back in this thread (or maybe the other one):

My buddy is tight with an affluent donor & he told me before this all started up that said donor was in Dallas on Friday before Tx-ou sucks . The guy told my buddy he was at a country club up there that Friday & there was a group of BMDs sitting around a table talking about getting money together to buy out Herman & go after Meyer.  That was Oct. 9. That earlier video above was also Oct. 9. Maybe connected. Maybe not. Who knows?

1 minute ago, troph said:

I guess I don’t see it but I’m happy to be wrong.

for the latecomers the convo about the room starts around post 10505.

Also SI legitimized the rumors today of course a few days behind. And some reputable posters across UT message boards confirmed with their cryptic statements.

Sorry not to have posted that earlier, because I had read it ~90 mins earlier on Twitter and thought it had already been posted here for some reason.

2 minutes ago, wood said:

I dunno what Texans7 said, but I'll repeat what I said wayyyy back in this thread (or maybe the other one):

My buddy is tight with an affluent donor & he told me before this all started up that said donor was in Dallas on Friday before Tx-ou sucks . The guy told my buddy he was at a country club up there that Friday & there was a group of BMDs sitting around a table talking about getting money together to buy out Herman & go after Meyer.  That was Oct. 9. That earlier video above was also Oct. 9. Maybe connected. Maybe not. Who knows?

Unlikely he was here in October if the idea was just being discussed.  Maybe it’s a Marriott thing not a HSB thing? 

Edited by troph

3 minutes ago, wood said:

Ahh so he's not in Hbay. Likely in his Columbus home. Dang. 

Well I did a drive by on news out of Ohio, Oklahoma and Texags to see what they were saying about us and our circle jerk on UM rumors. Some stuff came up but mostly they are talking about recruiting. We are not doing shit in recruiting and CDC needs to get to it so we can celebrate the hire and then see all those guys pucker up on possible flips. They probably will not happen this year but it is fun to see folks sweat.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

Ahh so he's not in Hbay. Likely in his Columbus home. Dang. 

I dunno if what I said rules out or affirms anything re: his location. I mentioned it really to confirm that talks were happening back then, at least between the BMDs, and possibly (likely imho) between them and Urban as well.

1 hour ago, canadianhorn21 said:

Imagine being pissed off Mack is coaching at UNC hahahaha

Texas should play a home and home series with UNC just to run the score up on Mack. He's used to it.

1 hour ago, Texas Flood said:

Tipsy Gypsy can stop lurking now and say hi!!!

Maybe one day Recruitocosm will rise from the ashes anew like a phoenix!

1 hour ago, fatheryeet said:

found this Instagram poster who claims Urban was at his California golf course yesterday5bd1954c5b888b236439c0793c1269de.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Fuck him, his golf course, AND the device from which he uploaded this photo on to Instagram.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Futureman.  Lol.  You all should thank him.  The minute he promised a fist up his own ass this shit was done.  

Imagine that. Futureman taking one for the Longhorn nation. Truly altruistic.

59 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Agreed.  I also have relatives who played at OU.

So you have convicts amongst your kinfolk. 

6 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

yeah definitely not in Hbay with that new angle. I believe the fan was different.

Look at the chair, the placement of the TV/monitor, and the outline of the door.  It's too similar to be a different place.  If anything, it's a different room in the same hotel.  My gut tells me these are NOT HSB, but I also don't think that matters at this point.

Edited by smash
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, smash said:

Look at the chair, the placement of the TV/monitor, and the outline of the door.  It's too similar to be a different place.  If anything, it's a different room in the same hotel.  My gut tells me these are NOT HSB, but I also don't think that matters at this point.

Correct! Because aside from those who claim the deal is done verbally and now just has to be signed, this article provides blows away a lot of speculation that there was nothing to see here:
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/buzz-urban-meyer-assembling-a-what-if-staff-to-join-him-at-university-of-texas

It could be I guess. If it is he’s got the curtains closed on the right in the recent one and the camera zoomed in past the window and in the October one that’s a tv behind his chair. The fan would have to be the same color same with the curtains and it’s lighting that makes them look different.

Could be just another Marriott interior I dunno. Doubt a guy of that wealth is stuck in an office that small. It certainly looks like a hotel to me.

11 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

When you watch the video from FOX you can see light coming from the window beside him & you can see the curtains drawn slightly on the top of the edge on the right.

Urban Meyer on Ohio State’s case for the CFP | Breaking the Huddle with Joel Klatt | CFB ON FOX - YouTube

What do y'all think of the dog barking that starts at 5:40ish? Dog in the hallway of a hotel or is he at home? 

That TV placement is really strange for me to beleive he's at a home office. And the chair and curtains look shitty for what you would expect him to have.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

What do y'all think of the dog barking that starts at 5:40ish? Dog in the hallway of a hotel or is he at home? 

That TV placement is really strange for me to beleive he's at a home office. And the chair and curtains look shitty for what you would expect him to have.

Probably is a hotel, just don't think it's at HSB. 

3 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Dammit--it's Brownsville.  Brownsville is the asshole of Texas.  The toxicity is so high it's known as the toxic border for its birth defects. But the answer to the riddle has been solved.  It's not just poor, it's contaminated and poor.   Now let's back away from the Texas sphincter riddle and ride the UM train to Austin.  

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2001-11-09/83589/

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-08-31-wr-29875-story.html

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/23/news/birth-defects-in-south-texas-prompt-call-for-us-registry.html

Thread path

futureman's asshole => Kendra Scott => Wife Tweets => Tex-Mex => burgers => assholes / shit holes of Texas

The circle of life?

Oh crap.  I just noticed the woman doing the interview above is the same one that tweeted to Mrs. Meyer earlier.  So she was hearing enough where she asked it on Twitter?  Gotta be credible.

EDIT: Wrong.  I've seen that name pop up somewhere on here.  Maybe earlier tweets about her trip to Sarasota?  It's so many pages back that I can't find it, but not the burnt orange tweet I was thinking about.

Edited by smash

1 minute ago, smash said:

Oh crap.  I just noticed the woman doing the interview above is the same one that tweeted to Mrs. Meyer earlier.  So she was hearing enough where she asked it on Twitter?  Gotta be credible.

I didn't get a chance to see the video with her & Shelley. Cliff's Notes? Thanks in advance...

Tonight is the first I've heard of it. She and my brother went to Tech. It dawned on me her parents live out there and her dad plays a shit-load of golf so I lobbed her a text tonight to ask her parents if they'd heard anything about Urban being on property. Her responses were confusing -- I couldn't tell if she meant they'd been talking about him possibly being at HSB last week or that there was scuttlebutt last week that he'd be there this week/tonight. Did I mention they went to Tech? And as I said, this news wouldn't matter since we're getting rumblings of a deal being struck!

Can you confirm sightings after Saturday?

1 hour ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

If that flight gets on the books to go back to Sarasota you can say this shit is 100%.  Means he or Shelley are going back after the announcement to Florida vacation. 

Maybe no time for vacation if this is happening.   

I’ll say this, looks promising but no mods have called it.  If this doesn’t happen we at least know who the fake insiders are

7b56497175c86a3f18f56ba0e224d69b.jpg
e4f001101427e324e206c7ba2c1b3b6e.jpg

Ceiling fans different colors and the window vs tv on the right ??

It could be the sunlight. Chair appears it could be the same. Curtain rod on right appears it could be the same as one behind. Same height. Patterns on curtain appear they can be the same, just different light. Fan looks the same to me. He could be turned 90 degrees? But you can barely see the TV, same height.

At this point, you gotta admit that at the very least there are far too many similarities between the two that it’d be a very large coincidence if it were two different places.

Thaaaat blows, but does it matter? Probably not. But this does put you on notice, Mr. Squid, ‘cos I’d imagine you’re reading this board.

Last point: Burton seems to confirm Texas $ was in Columbus yesterday. Would there be a need for Urban to fly back down directly afterwards? Honest question.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic