Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The optimistic view is that the Burton piece is a planted story because Bellmont wants it to be clear no deal was done before Herman was fired. So Burton makes that clear while still assuring his readers that the two parties are close to a deal. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Advantage Corpus and Padre Island

OK, I have been to Padre to Port A beaches countless times in my life. I have now been to Destin twice. They got us and it's not even close.  Brown water vs blue water.  Fluffy white sand beaches vs a more course packed sand. It's really not close. Yes the rednecks are plentiful but so is the abundance of rednecks on our beaches.  It's really not close y'all.  Our beaches aren't the best and that's OK.  It's still a beach. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

The chick had the same dress on she has on this morning.  I guess she could come in the night before to do it then go home a few hours to sleep before she has to get up at 3am to do the show at 6am.  It was live brah.

Referring to the interview with Klatt, which happened yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Also why I much prefer St. Augustine over the touristy parts of the Florida Panhandle. St. A really is the best part of Florida. The high price of sugar sand on the Gulf side includes being in the middle of RTR cretins.   

Me too.  My best friend from my military days owns a pool business in St Augustine.  Great beaches.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The optimistic view is that the Burton piece is a planted story because Bellmont wants it to be clear no deal was done before Herman was fired. So Burton makes that clear while still assuring his readers that the two parties are close to a deal. 

Basically his update yesterday as well. Smokescreens and misdirection

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Tortious interference? We have come full circle.

10 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Question. If that room is in Cali, then did he split back to there after talking with our guys in Columbus yesterday, or did we actually go to Cali?

Appears TX guys were in LA Sat-Mon on the same plane that has now gone from ATX to CBus and is now on its way to Sarasota and eventually ATX tonight. Oh yeah, Kendra Scott's ex husband's plane. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

Why do Ohio st fans care if he comes here or not?  Did we care where Mack went??

Because Urban at Texas gonna keep the Buckeyes from stealing as many studs from Texas from us.

56 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Why would we fire Herman mid-week, when we have a game in 48 hours? That isn't going to happen.

I tend to agree unless we have a deal with Urban and he says he wants it done earlier for whatever reason.

45 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

They're pretty beaches but as noted by others, you have to spend time in Florida. Have access to a condo in PCB and go once a year or so. The city of Pensacola is an absolute shithole.

https://youtu.be/jX1uTui5I2c

I'll drink cold beers with some Texas hillbillies and cholas over Bammer trash 100 times out of 100.

The beaches from Destin on down -- Seaside, Rosemary and Watercolor -- basically turn into Texas East in the summer time. Clearwater Beach is absolutely stunning.

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

We’re in Lafittes and Cafe Michael has been done for for a while. Apparently the dude just dropped dead during a shift and the wife can’t bring herself to sell it? I don’t know. It’s a weird story and been a few years, I think. 

Damn I did not know that, they made a damn good burger, even though it was expensive as hell! Watermans and the pizza joint is all that’s left in golf cart distance now

3 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

Me too.  My best friend from my military days owns a pool business in St Augustine.  Great beaches.

Vilano is a bit rocky for my taste but Ponte Vedra is really nice. Jax beach is a shit hole. You can't really compare Galveston to any of the beaches in Florida. It's apples to oranges really

3 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

You’re not aligned if you choose anything other than a SubUrban. 

Clever for this thread, but wrong answer. I won’t drive a suburban because I’m not a 45 year old suburban mom. Just like I won’t drive a Miata because I happen to be happily heterosexual.  Oh, and Chevy quality and features are turrrble. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Because Urban at Texas gonna keep the Buckeyes from stealing as many studs from Texas from us.

I tend to agree unless we have a deal with Urban and he says he wants it done earlier for whatever reason.

The beaches from Destin on down -- Seaside, Rosemary and Watercolor -- basically turn into Texas East in the summer time. Clearwater Beach is absolutely stunning.

On the Horn this morning they said multiple players were tested for covid yesterday and results should come in today. From there it goes to contact tracing and we may not have a game depending results today?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, jofus said:

Feels like it’s not happening today. Gonna be a long few days.

We might get pretty good confirmation that the Urban deal is done today or tomorrow but I don't think we'll see anything official until after the K-State game on Saturday unless Urban wants something done before that. I think you'd see a pretty quick postgame announcement that Herman has been relieved of his coaching duties after his post-game press obligations and a pretty quick announcement that Urban is the replacement. Then we'd have the PC to introduce Urban on Sunday afternoon. That seems like a reasonable timeline.

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, nnm said:

Clever for this thread, but wrong answer. I won’t drive a suburban because I’m not a 45 year old suburban mom. Just like I won’t drive a Miata because I happen to be happily heterosexual.  Oh, and Chevy quality and features are turrrble. 

So I guess you don't drive a Corvette while wearing wraparound sunglasses and Nike Air Monarchs?

• Like 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

On the Horn this morning they said multiple players were tested for covid yesterday and results should come in today. From there it goes to contact tracing and we may not have a game depending results today?

Yes, if the game gets called off then the timeline could be bumped up. I just don't think Texas will do anything before the K-State game unless Urban says he wants something done before. No game, no impediment to speeding up the process.

Just now, DaggerHorns said:

Summary for those of you that don’t want to go back:

1) The McRib is fucking disgusting

2) the sun rises in the east

4) Florida beaches are better than Texas beaches

5) Fuck Killeen

6) CUM is not a term to use for searching Urban Meyer news

7) Ford is better

Carry on...

Outstanding. Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This game getting canceled would be great honestly. Don’t know how many days of refreshing I got in me

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We might get pretty good confirmation that the Urban deal is done today or tomorrow but I don't think we'll see anything official until after the K-State game on Saturday unless Urban wants something done before that. I think you'd see a pretty quick postgame announcement that Herman has been relieved of his coaching duties after his post-game press duties and a pretty quick announcement that Urban is the replacement. Then we'd have the PC to introduce Urban on Sunday afternoon. That seems like a reasonable timeline.

can someone tell me WHY we are waiting until after KState? At this point whats the issue with rolling with an interim for literally 1 game?

Yeah, I'm feeling like so long as the KSU game is still on, they will string this thing out until Sunday. Saturday night is going to be a fucking heater and this thread will go to 1000 pages over a twelve hour timespan. Herman will be let go and within six hours of that it will be officially reported that Urban is the new coach. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, FunkSoulBrother said:

Sorry for ignorant question, but say Herman does win this Saturday, does that delay the announcement? Thanks 

No, Herman is done regardless. I believe the Kansas game doesn't matter as that was a postponed game. Kansas State was our final game of the season so I think the decision, depending on covid now, could come in the next 48 hours or Sunday.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic