Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

It may not be on most of your lists of worst towns in Texas, but I f'in despise Waco.  Primarily because of tired-ass Baylor, but it sucks balls on many levels.  I hate driving through that rapey, hypocritical, Fixer Upper silo shithole.

It's the Palace of Tiredness.

I feel better now.

Edited by hobbs
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Lulz. Actual lulz at some of the cities/towns being listed here. It’s obvious many of y’all have never been to Port Arthur. The entire downtown is abandoned and crumbling buildings. I know a Motiva bought a couple to fix up, but not sure if that was shelved. But the Sabine and the rest of downtown is a dump. You can either buy a house next to a refinery, next to the “mall” or if you are real fucking fancy, you buy in Nederland. Fucking Nederland.

Also, Tacoma. 183,000 miles and the most I have spent on non maintenance type repairs was $40.

You don’t put Mayo on any food. You can put your own Mayo on tits though. At least that is what I like to do.

Is Herman fired yet? I would love to be a fly on the wall in his office this week.

• Hook 'Em 2

Last time my wife and I went to Galveston we ended up going the back way through Lake Jackson (from Austin). I don't remember names, but there are a couple of little towns along that last stretch of road maybe an hour before you get to Lake Jackson. I've been all over the country and those are some of the most depressing places I've driven through. Little town squares that obviously used to be nice little places that are now dead and falling apart. Food desert wastelands. Comparable in sadness and plight to some of the really hood areas around Memphis and the squalor on the drive between Nashville and the Florida panhandle. 

Gonzalez is the same way. Also the cannon is a cannon for ants.

I didn't consider those towns in the "biggest shithole" places because they're not big enough to register, but they are depressing as hell.

Edited by BradInATX

Are we talking about which town is geographically the worst (like flat, hot, no water, barren), the town that is the ugliest construct (most dilapidated homes and businesses, just a run-down shithole), or the the town with the worst people (jobless, ugly, and stupid)?  because those are three different metrics, and some towns certainly hit all 3.  

Back to the topic---FWIW/CSB...the law firm in Austin that typically serves as outside counsel for UT Athletics matters (ESPN/Longhorn Network, facilities deals, etc.) indicated they were awhile ago approached about independently reviewing Herman's buyout options.  Nothing surprising.  And they have not yet been contacted to review any kind of formal offer to any other coach.  Obviously the Board of Regents/Hartzell/CDC would have to come to some sort of agreement before this firm could review anything.  So I assume it's still in that stage.  Obviously the UT GC can go a different route, but these guys are usually in the mix on stuff like this.  But I assume nothing will get to their desk until next week at the earliest.  

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Lulz. Actual lulz at some of the cities/towns being listed here. It’s obvious many of y’all have never been to Port Arthur. The entire downtown is abandoned and crumbling buildings. I know a Motiva bought a couple to fix up, but not sure if that was shelved. But the Sabine and the rest of downtown is a dump. You can either buy a house next to a refinery, next to the “mall” or if you are real fucking fancy, you buy in Nederland. Fucking Nederland.

Also, Tacoma. 183,000 miles and the most I have spent on non maintenance type repairs was $40.

You don’t put Mayo on any food. You can put your own Mayo on tits though. At least that is what I like to do.

Is Herman fired yet? I would love to be a fly on the wall in his office this week.

Vidor?

22 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I grew up in east Texas, worked in Midland/Odessa and have been Killeen-adjacent (call on it for work all the time) for decades. Odessa is the answer for the bottom of the barrel.

You are incorrect. Unless you happen to be a lunatic Baptist

8 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Never been to Waco or Odessa I see.

Of course I’ve been to Waco. Been to Midland. Lived in Lubbock. So I am familiar with Panhandle shittiness. It’s definitely a contender. Denver City. Dimmitt. Total shitholes. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

I realize this is probably six minutes and 18 pages too late, but I fucking hate the beach.  Any beach.  Sand, salt water and wind combined with skin whiter than aggy's weekend cross-burning robe add up to my worst nightmare.  

Anakin Skywalker has entered the chat.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Are we talking about which town is geographically the worst (like flat, hot, no water, barren), the town that is the ugliest construct (most dilapidated homes and businesses, just a run-down shithole), or the the town with the worst people (jobless, ugly, and stupid)?  because those are three different metrics, and some towns certainly hit all 3.   

Pecos

My advice to all of you is to read Irish's post a ways up, and to focus real hard on talking about towns, beaches, bourbons, burgers and whatever today's delightful topic of distraction soon to be ordained.

That being said, I know my audience so it's immediately going to be disregarded, but we're chasing a bunch of guys capitalizing on clicks. I don't think anyone knows shut yet, not us, and definitely not those OSU morons being pasted into this thread.

My gut still says at best we're at 50/50. And as other's have pointed out, timing, and sorting out details and all that other shit matters. That being said I still feel slightly more confident than yesterday that Meyer seems to have decided he can coach again. Now, does he get his guys, his demands, etc? We'll see. But if he got over that psychological hump, even barely, I'd hope the positive momentum in his brain picks up speed in our favor. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Didn’t like this article from Thamel last night:

For more than a decade, Texas lacked leadership and infrastructure and fell far behind its Big 12 peers. Texas’ practice facilities are worse than some high schools, as their practice bubble looks like the toxic waste dripped down from I-35 and turned into a cocoon. Texas relied on its brand so much that it became a misaligned mess with exponentially worse facilities than a majority of its Big 12 peers.

The facilities are finally changing with a long overdue $175 million dollar South End Zone project. Texas has always had the money but hasn’t figured out the right way to spend it. Now it appears willing to overspend for an elite coach. But can the Longhorns find one?

Texas AD Chris Del Conte’s play here appears to be shopping for Herman’s replacement and attempting to arrange something before having to make a public decision on Herman. This is a common tactic, but rarely do these shadow searches unfold under such scrutiny. The question will be if Texas strikes out — and Del Conte will aim Dabo-level high if Meyer passes as expected — how will everybody sputter forward and force smiles for Herman returning for a plank-walk season in 2021?

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-hot-seat-where-things-stand-at-texas-and-michigan-030527966.html

Seems that everybody who might know seems to be saying Herman is gone no matter whether we get Urban or not.

5 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

I realize this is probably six minutes and 18 pages too late, but I fucking hate the beach.  Any beach.  Sand, salt water and wind combined with skin whiter than aggy's weekend cross-burning robe add up to my worst nightmare.  

Dad?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

I love a lot of California beaches. And Hawaii beaches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust [Today started on page 230]
5 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Spent 6 months working in Rio Grande City. It was the 2020 of work assignments.

We were doing some work down there for the telephone company. We had to have 2 sheriffs there to get our construction completed at night. They weren't there, shit stolen and we are all dead in a ditch. That town is like being in the wild west. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

My gut still says at best we're at 50/50. And as other's have pointed out, timing, and sorting out details and all that other shit matters. That being said I still feel slightly more confident than yesterday that Meyer seems to have decided he can coach again. Now, does he get his guys, his demands, etc? We'll see. But if he got over that psychological hump, even barely, I'd hope the positive momentum in his brain picks up speed in our favor. 

My hope is over 50/50 - if they are talking about the nitty gritty details, that has to be a hugely positive thing...moving beyond $ in general to me is a huge thing.

Does that mean it is going to happen? Like anyone can even know that. But it is at least good news in the scheme of things

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic