Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Dude, you don't have a clue on this one. Those beaches around Destin and that area of Florida are THE best outside maybe a couple carribean locations. 
They're pretty beaches but as noted by others, you have to spend time in Florida. Have access to a condo in PCB and go once a year or so. The city of Pensacola is an absolute shithole.

https://youtu.be/jX1uTui5I2c

I'll drink cold beers with some Texas hillbillies and cholas over Bammer trash 100 times out of 100.

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:
13 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:
Why would we fire Herman mid-week, when we have a game in 48 hours? That isn't going to happen.

We do it the second Urban is ready. The implications of signing Urban are so much greater than winning or losing one KSU game, especially in a season that is effectively over anyway.

You can say that again....  and again.... and again... 

Dude, you don't have a clue on this one. Those beaches around Destin and that area of Florida are THE best outside maybe a couple carribean locations. 

Texas beaches are full of Texans.

Pensacola and Destin are full of Bammers and SEC trash.

Advantage Galveston.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

that and "we don't care where he goes cause we're fucking great, but here are 46 reasons there's NO WAY he would want to go to Texas and another 19 why he WON'T go to Texas and also it doesn't matter if he does cause but he won't."

It's insanely childish. I think their reaction ought to be:

* he just retired, it seems far-fetched he'd turn right around and take another high-pressure job

* unless he really felt like he was pushed out at Ohio State (which we don't really know)

* Texas is one of the few jobs that he could plausibly take

* Whether we know what's happening behind the scenes or not, it seems obvious UT would to gauge his interest in the job because Meyer's one of the three best coaches of his era, so there's not really any good reason to sit here and go HURRRRRR TEXAS FANS when clearly UT is going to pursue him 

* Coming up with a list of why you as an Ohio State fan wouldn't leave your NCAA 2014 dynasty to coach at Texas is a waste of time, it has no bearing on what Meyer thinks or wants and he is admirably tight-lipped about what he might want to change about his life, which is a weird dynamic to soyboys who emote on Twitter/etc all day

* Since so much of this depends on what goes on between Meyer's ears, none of us really know jack shit about what he's going to decide so we kind of have to wait and see

but instead it's "NUH UH NUH UH LUKE SKYWALKER COULD TOTALLY BEAT HAN SOLO IN A FIGHT" shit. 

I mean, these are Ohio State fans you're talking about. It's the OU of the north. Set your expectations accordingly.

Help...someone please provide a quick updated synopsis of the overnight goodness, so I don't get a massive roid from sitting here (you know where) scrolling through the madness for an hour...please.

Flights, Ram/Slick/Apple Rock, burning couches, cysts, fisting, curtains, etc.

2 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Don’t know if you guys remember, but urban was not on set a few weeks ago on the fox pregame show because he was out with COVID. He did the show remotely though. Is that HSB interview we’re talking about over that time period? Would be funny if he faked Rona and was in Austin, no?

Pretty sure the interview happened yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Pretty sure the interview happened yesterday. 

The chick had the same dress on she has on this morning.  I guess she could come in the night before to do it then go home a few hours to sleep before she has to get up at 3am to do the show at 6am.  Also UM had on different clothes on so he would've had to change from yesterday to put on the rouse. It was live brah.

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Per Bobby:

Texas hasn’t been told yes or no as of last night, but both sides know what the other side wants. No agreement that he knows of (as of yet).

There could be an answer any second now or it could come in a few days.  

So today’s the day we are on standby

8 minutes ago, hobbs said:

Help...someone please provide a quick updated synopsis of the overnight goodness, so I don't get a massive roid from sitting here (you know where) scrolling through the madness for an hour...please.

Flights, Ram/Slick/Apple Rock, burning couches, cysts, fisting, curtains, etc.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Urban was just on Fox and Friends. Same room. It was live and it was still fairly dark.  Sun has risen in Columbus. Not to the west. He isn't in Columbus. 

spacer.png

I was saying yesterday. He's in CA. The interview yesterday was light outside but the sun had already set in Austin.

That instagram post is looking more legit

46 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I can’t shake being skeptical until Herman is fired and urban is hired. I have no faith and I need to be shown the light so I can open my eyes and escape this sad and pathetic life

Well, one thing for sure, Herman will be fired.  The second part?   Thats why we are here.  :) 

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I was saying yesterday. He's in CA. The interview yesterday was light outside but the sun had already set in Austin.

That instagram post is looking more legit

It wasn't dark when he did that interview yesterday in Austin. Not even close. He is either at HSB or CA. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

The chick had the same dress on she has on this morning.  I guess she could come in the night before to do it then go home a few hours to sleep before she has to get up at 3am to do the show at 6am.  Also UM had on different clothes on so he would've had to change from yesterday to put on the rouse. It was live brah.

Maybe she did the walk of shame

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ousux said:
9 hours ago, Texasrocks said:
My dad says Cooper's in Llano went downhill a few years ago. Though I thought that was because the guy who started Opie's left.

Its true, passed through there about 2 years ago and had to use a knife to cut the meat from my beef rib, and the brisket was a little dry. Would have taken it back, but they all came from the same pit..

the only good thing i've head in about 5 years of Coopers is the Big Chop, which is fucking amazing, and the ribeye they do on Fridays I think

don't go there and expect anything close to Top 50 quality.

The reasonable Ohio State fan (if such an animal exists) would be hoping this doesn’t happen because of the very real possibility Meyer could potentially poach multiple key members of the staff. 

If the Burton quote up above is true (both sides know what the other wants), then presumably, Meyer is open to a return to coaching, which had seemingly been a major, if not THE largest concern.

I’m not going to tell you what I want in a negotiation unless I’m willing to do the job.

So, if Texas really wants Urban Meyer, and if Texas meets his requirements, then Texas should get Urban Meyer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Yes it was. I looked out my window when he was live. It was dark

#1 that was definitely taped yesterday not live. It was a package interview with Klatt. Fox edits it with graphics vids and what not then releases it. You are right now I think about it. It was dusk when that interview was released. I believe it was dusk. He could be in CA but he isn't in Columbus.  He could be in HSB or CA. 

With the team playing Saturday, at this point it seems very unlikely Herman is fired now and an interim coach is named before this game. They travel tomorrow. This leads me to believe we won’t hear any breaking news on Meyer until Sunday but more realistically Monday.

6 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Advantage Corpus and Padre Island

Also why I much prefer St. Augustine over the touristy parts of the Florida Panhandle. St. A really is the best part of Florida. The high price of sugar sand on the Gulf side includes being in the middle of RTR cretins.   

Edited by Gut Wagon
unclear

20 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Per Bobby:

Texas hasn’t been told yes or no as of last night, but both sides know what the other side wants. No agreement that he knows of (as of yet).

There could be an answer any second now or it could come in a few days.  

IMO this is cover to keep the heat off until after KSU 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

#1 that was definitely taped yesterday not live. It was a package interview with Klatt. Fox edits it with graphics vids and what not then releases it. You are right now I think about it. It was dusk when that interview was released. I believe it was dusk. He could be in CA but he isn't in Columbus.  He could be in HSB or CA. 

Correct, that's what I said yesterday. Either that interview wasn't taped live or he is somewhere west of TX

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

With the team playing Saturday, at this point it seems very unlikely Herman is fired now and an interim coach is named before this game. They travel tomorrow. This leads me to believe we won’t hear any breaking news on Meyer until Sunday but more realistically Monday.

What happened with the covid scare?

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic