Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

If your going to a beach in Florida gobto Key West........otherwise I fail to see the point.

Have you ever been to key west?  There are no beaches in key west.  Siesta key is about one of the nice west beaches in the 48. Quartz white sand. Clear gulf waters.   Key west has no beaches even close. Even the resorts may have a small strip of sand.  I took the key west express annually 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

It could be the sunlight. Chair appears it could be the same. Curtain rod on right appears it could be the same as one behind. Same height. Patterns on curtain appear they can be the same, just different light. Fan looks the same to me. He could be turned 90 degrees? But you can barely see the TV, same height.

At this point, you gotta admit that at the very least there are far too many similarities between the two that it’d be a very large coincidence if it were two different places.

Thaaaat blows, but does it matter? Probably not. But this does put you on notice, Mr. Squid, ‘cos I’d imagine you’re reading this board.

Last point: Burton seems to confirm Texas $ was in Columbus yesterday. Would there be a need for Urban to fly back down directly afterwards? Honest question.

Wasn't there a weird zoom call where Urban had some guy coming out of the shower in the mirror behind him earlier this year?

Would be interesting to compare with these.

6 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Wasn't there a weird zoom call where Urban had some guy coming out of the shower in the mirror behind him earlier this year?

Would be interesting to compare with these.

It looked like Urban’s yacht, if you look in the reflection behind urban you can see the doors to what looks like a Viking or hatters cabin.

Edited by Not a Sock

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. Dude, I am from the north side of Pasadena. That means I grew up on the ship channel, in the chemical smoke, and everyone was poor as fuck and everything stank and was more or less miserable. There might be worse places in Texas, maybe, but Bastrop ain’t one of them. Sorry for your losses with the wood though. 

I spent most of March-June, then August, in Galveston. If you’re not there for the beach because you’re not a poor from greater Houston or Oklahoma down visiting, the rest of what Galveston offers for folks who live there is terrific. I haven’t been down in a few weeks and miss it immediately. 

Is that why you hate the poors now?

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

It could be the sunlight. Chair appears it could be the same. Curtain rod on right appears it could be the same as one behind. Same height. Patterns on curtain appear they can be the same, just different light. Fan looks the same to me. He could be turned 90 degrees? But you can barely see the TV, same height.

At this point, you gotta admit that at the very least there are far too many similarities between the two that it’d be a very large coincidence if it were two different places.

Thaaaat blows, but does it matter? Probably not. But this does put you on notice, Mr. Squid, ‘cos I’d imagine you’re reading this board.

Last point: Burton seems to confirm Texas $ was in Columbus yesterday. Would there be a need for Urban to fly back down directly afterwards? Honest question.

It's the same room.  Could blow up the HSB story or mean he was there twice.  Also, he could be on this other flight we have been tracking to FL that ends in HSB tonight. 

It's the same room.  Could blow up the HSB story or mean he was there twice.  Also, he could be on this other flight we have been tracking to FL that ends in HSB tonight. 

That’s my theory. We flew up to him yesterday, was there really need for him to fly back so fast, especially when it was reported by multiple people he was maybe trying to assemble a staff? Columbus flight to HSB today could be him.

9 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yes. Yesterday morning when a booster’s plane went to Columbus. Burton reported the meeting.

I can’t shake being skeptical until Herman is fired and urban is hired. I have no faith and I need to be shown the light so I can open my eyes and escape this sad and pathetic life

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Why do Ohio st fans care if he comes here or not?  Did we care where Mack went??

You mean like when your hot HS ex-girlfriend starts dating a new guy that’s better than you?

Because they have low self-esteem and are still in love. 

its adorable and sad in its own way

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

That’s my theory. We flew up to him yesterday, was there really need for him to fly back so fast, especially when it was reported by multiple people he was maybe trying to assemble a staff? Columbus flight to HSB today could be him.

what time is the flight? urban is appearing on fox & friends today 

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

No. Health, family, Ohio legacy, family has enough money, loves being a TV analyst. It's so badly written and constructed it makes me want to read that Wescott guy for the next 48 hours.

that and "we don't care where he goes cause we're fucking great, but here are 46 reasons there's NO WAY he would want to go to Texas and another 19 why he WON'T go to Texas and also it doesn't matter if he does cause but he won't."

It's insanely childish. I think their reaction ought to be:

* he just retired, it seems far-fetched he'd turn right around and take another high-pressure job

* unless he really felt like he was pushed out at Ohio State (which we don't really know)

* Texas is one of the few jobs that he could plausibly take

* Whether we know what's happening behind the scenes or not, it seems obvious UT would to gauge his interest in the job because Meyer's one of the three best coaches of his era, so there's not really any good reason to sit here and go HURRRRRR TEXAS FANS when clearly UT is going to pursue him 

* Coming up with a list of why you as an Ohio State fan wouldn't leave your NCAA 2014 dynasty to coach at Texas is a waste of time, it has no bearing on what Meyer thinks or wants and he is admirably tight-lipped about what he might want to change about his life, which is a weird dynamic to soyboys who emote on Twitter/etc all day

* Since so much of this depends on what goes on between Meyer's ears, none of us really know jack shit about what he's going to decide so we kind of have to wait and see

but instead it's "NUH UH NUH UH LUKE SKYWALKER COULD TOTALLY BEAT HAN SOLO IN A FIGHT" shit. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

3 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

that and "we don't care where he goes cause we're fucking great, but here are 46 reasons there's NO WAY he would want to go to Texas and another 19 why he WON'T go to Texas and also it doesn't matter if he does cause but he won't."

* he just retired, it seems far-fetched he'd turn right around and take another high-pressure job

* unless he really felt like he was pushed out at Ohio State (which we don't really know)

* Whether we know what's happening behind the scenes or not, it seems obvious UT would to gauge his interest in the job because Meyer's one of the three best coaches of his era, so there's not really any good reason to sit here and go HURRRRRR TEXAS FANS when clearly UT is going to pursue him 

* Coming up with a list of why you as an Ohio State fan wouldn't leave your NCAA 2014 dynasty to coach at Texas is a waste of time, it has no bearing on what Meyer thinks or wants and he is admirably tight-lipped about what he might want to change about his life, which is a weird dynamic to soyboys who emote on Twitter/etc all day

* Since so much of this depends on what goes on between Meyer's ears, none of us really know jack shit about what he's going to decide so we kind of have to wait and see

but instead it's "NUH UH NUH UH LUKE SKYWALKER COULD TOTALLY BEAT HAN SOLO IN A FIGHT" shit. 

Forget it, Jake.  It's Vagina Town. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

With that being said I think he isn't on that flight and will come in on another flight of he isn't there already. There was a plane that is going to OSU today direct from HSB. That's beyond highly unusual. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

7 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This would make the most sense for exposure.   Not sure announcing on a Sunday during NFL games would really make much sense.  If Urban has agreed they should fire Herman tomorrow, let Yurich/Ash be interim for the KSU game and have the big press conference on Friday that way all of Saturdays games and college football shows would be talking about the Texas Longhorns.  Now I am excited.  I think I will go twist one off and check this thread in the morning.  

I would think they fire Herman before game so as to not deal with "Look at this! Herman blew out KSU and Texas still fired him" bullshit. Rip the bandaid off. Fire his ass today, announce Urban tomorrow, have a collection of monkeys with pages from the binder on the sideline saturday picking plays to run for continuity sake and we are all set.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

TBF, we are as desperate as aggy when they hired Sherrill back in the day and Jumbo, spiraling coaches salaries & ticket prices for the industry.  The main difference?  Urban > Sherill +the hobbit.

7 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Galveston rules if you have proper expectations going in. It's not Cannes. Go get a po' boy, a beer from Galveston Island brewing, then go post up at the beach with some lone stars, get drunk and people watch the Cholas and rednecks. Throw some cornhole or redneck golf. Go buy some gulf shrimp, grill 'em up at your condo or beach house. Drink bourbon and watch the ocean until you fall asleep. Wake up and do it again. If you can't enjoy Galveston you probably suck.

Lurked for the longest, great (creepy) work done here but signed up to say this guy fucks. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Dude, you don't have a clue on this one. Those beaches around Destin and that area of Florida are THE best outside maybe a couple carribean locations. 
They're pretty beaches but as noted by others, you have to spend time in Florida. Have access to a condo in PCB and go once a year or so. The city of Pensacola is an absolute shithole.

https://youtu.be/jX1uTui5I2c

I'll drink cold beers with some Texas hillbillies and cholas over Bammer trash 100 times out of 100.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Why would we fire Herman mid-week, when we have a game in 48 hours? That isn't going to happen.
We do it the second Urban is ready. The implications of signing Urban are so much greater than winning or losing one KSU game, especially in a season that is effectively over anyway.
  • Like 1

Dude, you don't have a clue on this one. Those beaches around Destin and that area of Florida are THE best outside maybe a couple carribean locations. 
They're pretty beaches but as noted by others, you have to spend time in Florida. Have access to a condo in PCB and go once a year or so. The city of Pensacola is an absolute shithole.

https://youtu.be/jX1uTui5I2c

I'll drink cold beers with some Texas hillbillies and cholas over Bammer trash 100 times out of 100.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic