Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, ztejas said:

Good God it took me awhile to catch up a few mins at a time. Joining the shitty cities in Texas discussion and this^ is the right answer. I'm not sure I've ever spent actual time there - but I have driven through Snyder many a time and I can't imagine anywhere worse. 

Bastrop? Please. Bastrop isn't even as bad as Waco or CS. 

You're alright sometimes. 

wilco for LE nonsense but yeah the panhandle man that's rough.  it's the wind more than anything.  we stop in Dumas with our RV on the way to CO some and there's a little city park with hook ups.  kind a cool, free but donations accepted.  but damn the wind!  tough way to live.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

wilco for LE nonsense but yeah the panhandle man that's rough.  it's the wind more than anything.  we stop in Dumas with our RV on the way to CO some and there's a little city park with hook ups.  kind a cool, free but donations accepted.  but damn the wind!  tough way to live.

Wind........vs.    ridiculous humidity

• Like 1

Also - I cannot beleive how many people besmirched Port Arthur in this thread - a city that gave us Texas legends Janis Joplin and UGK. 

(Also Jimmy Johnson, Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Charles)

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm not saying that it's #1, because there are some shitty parts of Texas I haven't been to, but if we're talking Texas shitholes Odessa has to be written into record as part of the conversation.

I don't know but personally after having lived in Austin, College Station, Huntsville,  Houston, Galveston,  Texas City(Breakers Apts if you must know....a real peach of a place to live), Friendswood, and currently in a little slice of paradise of outside of a burg of about 3500......living(not visiting) in any predominantly urban area sounds pretty Hellish these days.

• Like 1

Just now, TexasRenegade said:

I don't know but personally after having lived in Austin, College Station, Huntsville,  Houston, Galveston,  Texas City(Breakers Apts if you must know....a real peach of a place to live), Friendswood, and currently in a little slice of paradise of outside of a burg of about 3500......living(not visiting) in any predominantly urban area sounds pretty Hellish these days.

The breakers.  Right on.

19 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Galveston rules if you have proper expectations going in. It's not Cannes. Go get a po' boy, a beer from Galveston Island brewing, then go post up at the beach with some lone stars, get drunk and people watch the Cholas and rednecks. Throw some cornhole or redneck golf. Go buy some gulf shrimp, grill 'em up at your condo or beach house. Drink bourbon and watch the ocean until you fall asleep. Wake up and do it again. If you can't enjoy Galveston you probably suck.

If you regularly spend any time on Florida beaches, then Galveston sucks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fatheryeet said:

found this Instagram poster who claims Urban was at his California golf course yesterday5bd1954c5b888b236439c0793c1269de.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

posted that trying to hope the envitable away. mroach you lose. YOU LOSE!!! curtaingate YOU LOSE!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Anything else here @Bodacious Bevo

Spoiler

With a little bit of calm taking root on Wednesday night in light of our reporting from earlier in the day, we wanted to share a number of background notes that we've picked up this week when talking to high-level university/administration sourcing.

The hope behind this update is to simply provide added context to what's taking place.

Here goes ...

* There's an invigoration behind the scenes with regards to the program. There is a feeling among those involved in the pursuit of Urban Meyer that his hire would make up for missing out on Nick Saban. Everyone still remembers how close they perceived themselves to be with regards to to landing Saban and how Mack Brown prevented it. Getting Urban would help make up for the previous big miss earlier in the decade.

* Meyer is viewed as a guy who could instantly change the culture at Texas. Those involved behind the scenes still cannot believe that BJ Foster quit the team and was allowed back the next day. They believe Meyer wouldn't allow that and would change the attitude of the team.

* Texas officials know that Meyer can name his price and there's a sense behind the scenes that Texas needs to do whatever it takes to close the deal. One benefit that does exist is the reality that they don't have to worry about a buyout. According to those that we spoke with on Wednesday, the true negotiations will center around how much Meyer would be allowed to pay his assistants. There is some thought that this could be where Texas might try to set some limitations.

* Texas officials view Meyer as a potential 10-year hire. From the perspective of those involved, Meyer's age (56) is a plus. The view from the Texas side of things is that age isn't an issue at all.

* Meyer is viewed as a guy who can excite the fan base. I don't have to explain to any of you why this is important. You guys have lived it.

* Texas A&M's rise this season has increased the determination to get this deal done.

* There is some concern about the ability to fill the stadium next year if the Longhorns aren't able to sign Meyer. A hire of Meyer is seen as an investment into the program that needs to be made following the challenges and losses during the pandemic. There's a very real understanding behind the scenes on the toll that this year has taken on the fan base. University officials understand that a shot in the arm is needed and not just a small one.

* Texas is willing to accept growing pains if necessary because they believe Texas won't lose in an embarrassing fashion moving forward.

* As we've reported before, Texas officials are completely in tune with what's happening (and not happening) in recruiting. It goes without saying that the addition of Meyer would jump-start recruiting. Period.

* Multiple sources told OB on Wednesday that Meyer has contacted multiple coaches to gauge their interest to join his staff in Texas if he decides to return. He hasn't told anyone that he's definitely returning, but he's gauging what a possible staff would look like, which was something that Saban also reportedly did behind the scenes back in 2013.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, troph said:

someone mentioned it above, never been.

paris, texas is a gem too.  was there for a wedding once.

My grandfather was born and raised in Roxton, which is a suburb of Paris.  Have not attending a wedding there, but have made the trek for a couple of funerals.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jinx said:

If you regularly spend any time on Florida beaches, then Galveston sucks

Never once failed to walk out of the water in Galveston without a little crude oil blob somewhere on my legs. I asked my mom about it since she had been going to Galveston beaches since the 1940s, and she confirmed the same experience. 

They're not horrible beaches, but people go on and on about Destin/Clearwater/Pensacola, FL, are better, and I don't doubt it.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

He posted that 16 hours ago, so he might mean Tuesday...honestly not even sure what time it is at this point lol

Or he's a lying sack of shit. Carmel is nowhere near LA.

(Or our flight tracking hasn't been as advertised)

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Never once failed to walk out of the water in Galveston without a little crude oil blob somewhere on my legs. I asked my mom about it since she had been going to Galveston beaches since the 1940s, and she confirmed the same experience. 

They're not horrible beaches, but people go on and on about Destin/Clearwater/Pensacola, FL, are better, and I don't doubt it.

If your going to a beach in Florida gobto Key West........otherwise I fail to see the point.

44 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I think he's basically referencing that his work gets taken and posted here regularly for free.  I can't argue with that.  Nonetheless he doesn't seem to be arguing where the credit lies on this.

Honestly though, how much "work" is involved with hearing something from some anonymous sauce and posting part of it cryptically on a website? 

5 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Texas beaches aren't in the same ballpark as the beaches running from Destin down past Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater. They ain't even playing the same game.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic