Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We might get pretty good confirmation that the Urban deal is done today or tomorrow but I don't think we'll see anything official until after the K-State game on Saturday unless Urban wants something done before that. I think you'd see a pretty quick postgame announcement that Herman has been relieved of his coaching duties after his post-game press duties and a pretty quick announcement that Urban is the replacement. Then we'd have the PC to introduce Urban on Sunday afternoon. That seems like a reasonable timeline.

I’m tellin ya...herman fired by end of day Sat...urban announced by end of day Sun.

And something we all need to keep in mind, Urban doesn’t necessarily need time to recruit before ESD.  He just needs to be announced far enough in advance to make some of the early signers not commit to wherever they were thinking.  In other words, he doesn’t need enough time to flip them, he just needs enough time to “uncommit” them.  And the mere announcement of him to Texas alone will do that for several of them.  Then he’ll have time until Feb to actually get them.

So there’s really not the urgency that some here are making it out to be.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

I’m tellin ya...herman fired by end of day Sat...urban announced by end of day Sun.

And something we all need to keep in mind, Urban doesn’t necessarily need time to recruit before ESD.  He just needs to be announced far enough in advance to make some of the early signers not commit to wherever they were thinking.  In other words, he doesn’t need enough time to flip them, he just needs enough time to “uncommit” them.  And the mere announcement of him to Texas alone will do that for several of them.  Then he’ll have time until Feb to actually get them.

I think if it's going to happen that it will happen the same day with just a press release for Herman and the announcement/introduction of Meyer.

They will want this to be smooth and Herman out of the spotlight as much as possible so questions don't raise to the national media level.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

OK, I have been to Padre to Port A beaches countless times in my life. I have now been to Destin twice. They got us and it's not even close.  Brown water vs blue water.  Fluffy white sand beaches vs a more course packed sand. It's really not close. Yes the rednecks are plentiful but so is the abundance of rednecks on our beaches.  It's really not close y'all.  Our beaches aren't the best and that's OK.  It's still a beach. 

You get green water during winter in Texas. Imo where the redneck riviera excels is the white fluffy sand. Yeah the rock shrimp are killer and the florabama slurpees are ridiculously potent, I can get better inTexas. But that sand, is like fracing glass for my soul.

After growing up in Texas, I now live on Florida's Gulf Coast. Destin and PCB are nice, but the best beaches in the Continental US are Siesta Key, Lido Key,  and Ana Maria Island. Sugar Sand and clear emerald water.

Clearwater is beautiful, but overcrowded and full of tourist.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Sunday is the day IMO. Urban does Fox on Saturday, gets questions about it (drop hints), TH gets one last game against KSU (if it gets played). TH gets fired on Saturday night (chris ash named interim HC) and then CUM gets announced Sunday with a Monday PC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Me like this

Just now, Hollywood said:

I think Sunday is the day IMO. Urban does Fox on Saturday, gets questions about it (drop hints), TH gets one last game against KSU (if it gets played). TH gets fired on Saturday night (chris ash named interim HC) and then CUM gets announced Sunday with a Monday PC. 

Personally I feel like he would want it announced before Saturday as to not bring more attention to the behind the scenes stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

How did we make it 230 pages without a Ford vs Chevy debate? Also, anyone who thinks Killeen is the worst town in Texas hasn't spent enough time in east Texas.

If you go far enough east in Texas you're not really in Texas you're just in western Louisiana though.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

How did we make it 230 pages without a Ford vs Chevy debate? Also, anyone who thinks Killeen is the worst town in Texas hasn't spent enough time in east Texas.

East?  Try West or South or North Texas. It’s like the Killeen poster has never seen Seminole, Corpus, or Wichita Falls. 

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Personally I feel like he would want it announced before Saturday as to not bring more attention to the behind the scenes stuff. 

Would be my preference, but the closer it gets to Saturday the more disruptive an announcement would be on the game. Sucks for players and I don't think anyone wants to embarrass the program against KSU. 

3 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Can we start the debate of what is east Texas? And why it doesn't start until you are north of Conroe?

There's too much optimism at this point, driven by Burton. Temper enthusiasm until there is some sort of clear evidence of Meyer committing. Not saying it's not going to happen. Just saying there is no solid evidence yet that he will or has already.

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 5

It's the same room.  Could blow up the HSB story or mean he was there twice.  Also, he could be on this other flight we have been tracking to FL that ends in HSB tonight. 

Alright someone needs to piece together what we know and rebuild the timeline. FA is the basis here and it appears LA and Columbus, plus a lot going down yesterday and today. Sarasota to Austin on the slate as the primary highlight.

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

I’m thinking the gay dance scene towards end of movie might be more like it.

Well, if the Urban thing falls through and Franklin ends up being the guy, there’s an obvious scene that can be recycled from the Chollie days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

A few comments over the last 20 pages:

1.  Mayo is disgusting.  Mustard is the only thing for a burger or a hotdog

2.  San Angelo is a shithole.  My ex-wife is from there so maybe it clouds my judgement but when you have to drive 90 mins to Midland or Abilene for fun, you live in a shithole

3.  F-150. Had one for 3 years and it's the best truck.....period

4.  If Wal-Mart had beaches, they would be in Destin

5.  Someone needs to get futureman some lube and anal nitrate.  He will need it.  

6.  I hope CDC shit cans Tom on the tarmac after the game Saturday, ala Pat Hayden to one Lane Kiffin, and makes him hitchhike back to Austin.

7.  Called a buddy in Columbus who is a tOSu letterman and at first he said no way.....his tune is changing. He went from 0% to 80% Monday-Wednesday.  He had the same talking points as the article did.  Legacy, health, wife, Fox gig and he doesn't need the money were all thrown out.  If that was true, he could just say ”I am not coaching again”....but he hasn't. The restaurant never came up.  They might get rid of his choice of Steak at Hyde Park though.....😁

Let's get UM

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

There's too much optimism at this point, driven by Burton. Temper enthusiasm until there is some sort of clear evidence of Meyer committing. Not saying it's not going to happen. Just saying there is no solid evidence yet that he will or has already.

Reports of building a staff too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

After growing up in Texas, I now live on Florida's Gulf Coast. Destin and PCB are nice, but the best beaches in the Continental US are Siesta Key, Lido Key,  and Ana Maria Island. Sugar Sand and clear emerald water.

Clearwater is beautiful, but overcrowded and full of tourist.

Yea, grew up just outside of Tampa and Siesta Key was our go-to.  

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic