2020 NFL DRAFT

Napoleon

3 hours ago, Rabidhorn said:

Miami is stupid enough to draft Mash Unit Tua.

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

seriously  5th pick for a broken QB?

if they really liked him i think they still could have had him at around the 10th pick

3 hours ago, SDG said:

Medicals are always clean until you get hit by a 260 DE...

3 hours ago, Rabidhorn said:

Injury prone QB that high, BUST.

3 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Good luck Miami 

3 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

5 seems high for him. Hope he can get and stay healthy 

I hope you all are wrong, but unfortunately I feel exactly the same.    Don't get it.  Don't get it at all.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

I hope you all are wrong, but unfortunately I feel exactly the same.    Don't get it.  Don't get it at all.

The dolphins entire organization thinks about how they decided to go with Dante Culpepper over Drew Brees because of injury concerns. This pick was always going to happen. They’ll start fitzmagic for 16 games next year and give Tua a redshirt year. Whether it works out or not, I like taking a swing.  

Yeah there's great logic.  Brees didn't have season ending injuries in college, so both situations are exactly the same.  I think Tua is fragile, that's Hawaiin for breakable.

Brees will end up in very rare company in NFL history......big difference.

Historical move, if Brees goes to Miami, Saban isn't at Alabama and KK probably coaching them by now.

Edited by mulletpelini

9 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Bill OBrien is going to misunderstand his fans and try to win their favor back by drafting AJ Epenesa or the Aggy DT, isn’t he?

BoB is like a Bud Adams plant designed to completely annihilate and emotionally terrorize the Texans franchise.

It's amazing how he never runs out of gas...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

I don't understand really they showed tons of highlights for your guys all night lonnnnngggg

I really enjoyed the part of the broadcast where they mentioned that Scott Frost was certain Joe Burrow was not any better than any QB on campus and passed on him. 

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I really enjoyed the part of the broadcast where they mentioned that Scott Frost was certain Joe Burrow was not any better than any QB on campus and passed on him. 

Why the fuck do you hate Joe Burrow so much?  WTF did he do to you

Besides, you're lazy and need to do more research

https://twitter.com/PaulMyerberg/status/1253483146944921600

Urban Meyer didn't start him either, Urban Meyer must be a piece of shit too huh.

Edited by mulletpelini
of course he is

51 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

If this is what getting fired from Texas Tech looks like, then I need to get my ass up there and look for a job........to suck at and get fired from.

Leach may differ on this.  I mean, Lubbock, Pullman, Starkville is the trifecta of suck.  

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Tech gets a 1st rounder on defense

TCU gets two 1st rounders

OU gets two first rounders including one from a shitty defense

Texas no first rounders in 5 years

I really hope our new coordinators can develop because this is kinda pathetic tbh

Develop and recruit 

https://twitter.com/mikehuguenin/status/1253537712965128192?s=21

Can’t figure out embedding  on mobile damn

Edited by perfectchaos007

The bitching and gnashing of teeth about first rounders cracks me up....it's not like this result was some big surprise, there was not a single player ever thought of as a first rounder since season's end.  Not sure why some of you are pissing and moaning about something you should have known was coming for about 4 months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Why the fuck do you hate Joe Burrow so much?

Because he acts like a cocksucker pretty much all the time? Because he had the “greatest season evar!!1!1” including beating a poor Texas team by 7, a poor UA team by 3 (iirc) and Bama by 5.   Because he’s from Ohio.    List is pretty long really. 

16 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Because he acts like a cocksucker pretty much all the time? Because he had the “greatest season evar!!1!1” including beating a poor Texas team by 7, a poor UA team by 3 (iirc) and Bama by 5.   Because he’s from Ohio.    List is pretty long really. 

tenor.gif?itemid=16049974

• Like 5

Just wondering how many draftees/prospects that went against the new social distancing rules come down with the Covid. I get some actually do live with most they were on camera with but quite a few do not. 

Reported NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo on April 9 regarding draft-night guidelines: “The league has told players and their agents they want no more than six people there, and they want to make sure it’s people who have been living with the draft prospect. If someone comes into the house who hasn’t been living with the prospect, they want that person six feet or more away.”
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/24/plenty-of-prospects-disregarded-the-nfls-pandemic-guidelines/

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No need to convince me. Homeboy loves putting phallic objects in his mouth. Nttawwt.  Glad he and the 27 defensive cramps y’all faked brought y’all a championship.  Something to take the mind off being from Pierre Part for a minute has to be therapeutic. 

after an undefeated season and a National Championship, innumerable post season awards and 5 first round picks...we're so grateful for your thoughts and well-wishes.

please...by all means...keep them coming.

• Like 1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2020/04/24/nfl-draft-second-round-best-players-available-2020/3020500001/

"NFL draft 2020's best available players in second round: Grant Delpit, Laviska Shenault among top options on board"

There's still first-round talent awaiting teams on Day 2 of the 2020 NFL draft.

Thursday featured a number of the marquee players being selected, including the top 16 from USA TODAY Sports' pre-draft rankings. But 23 of the top 50 still remain.

Here's our pre-draft assessment of all of them, with their rankings in parentheses

Grant Delpit, S, LSU (17): Even though tackling troubles likely contributed to him not landing in the first round, Delpit is built to frustrate modern passing attacks with his ball-hawking tendencies and prompt recognition.

Josh Jones, OT, Houston (19): The former basketball standout is a fluid mover at 6-5 and 319 pounds, portending a promising future as a fixture at left tackle if he can become a more refined blocker.

Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (20): Smothering receivers at the line of scrimmage is second-nature to the brother of Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs, though he might need to be placed in a scheme that emphasizes his length and playmaking ability and obscures his change-of-direction shortcomings. 

Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado (23): A bully with the ball in his hands, Shenault still has work to do as a route runner to threaten defenses down the field instead of merely at the line of scrimmage.

Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin (25): While lacking the desired size for an edge rusher, Baun can become a mainstay in opponents' backfields by exploding upfield and employing his impressive finishing touch.

D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia (26): Instinctive and evasive both as a runner and receiver, Swift is a three-down threat who poses a serious problem for any defender trying to bring him down in the open field.

Ashtyn Davis, S, California (27): A December groin surgery might push Davis down some draft boards, but he has unmatched range among this year's safety class thanks to his elite speed, quickness and ball skills.

Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (29): At 6-3 and 207 pounds with 4.38-second speed in the 40-yard dash and a knack for hauling in circus catches, Mims has the makings of a No. 1 receiver — if he can polish his route-running and cut down on drops.

Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama (30): Do-it-all defenders are in demand, and McKinney's comfort in taking on a range of assignments in coverage and against the run make him a valuable piece.

Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (31): Physical to a fault, Johnson concedes nothing to receivers at the line of scrimmage and can be a vexing presence in a man-heavy secondary, so long as he exhibits better discipline. 

Michael Pittman, WR, USC (32): Though not as dynamic as some of his pass-catching peers, the 6-4, 223-pound Pittman projects as a reliable target who can thrive working the underneath and intermediate areas of the field.

Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (33): Already a veteran of press coverage who has been battle-tested against a rash of top-notch receivers, Fulton stays collected in his assignments despite recovery speed issues that could pose a bigger problem at the next level.

A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa (34): Somewhat of an anachronism as an oversized edge rusher, Epenesa still can somewhat compensate for his subpar burst with power, length and fluidity, giving him a relatively high floor. 

KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State (35): Soon to be among the NFL's slight receivers at 5-9 and 178 pounds, Hamler will make his mark as a deep-threat dynamo and slot target who can rack up yards after the catch, so long as he's not beset by the drops that plagued his college career.

Yetur Matos-Gross, DE, Penn State (40): Able to work back inside more comfortably than many other college pass rushers, Matos-Gross now must show he can create pressure with consistency after a hit-or-miss career with the Nittany Lions.

Terrell Lewis, DE/OLB, Alabama (43): His injury history is concerning after missing nearly two full years, but Lewis' length and explosiveness are imposing.

Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU (44): A tornado on the interior, Blacklock is at times an all-or-nothing player who will either set a play off course or be washed out when a blocker locks onto him.

Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota (45): Size and injury history aside, the son of the former Vikings great handles all the important tasks for a safety by diagnosing plays from up high and rallying to the ball.

Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (46): Deep speed questions have hounded him since he sat out the 40-yard dash at the combine, but he shouldn't have trouble establishing himself as a jump-ball and red-zone weapon.

Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (47): His body of work is that of a bell-cow back who possesses the speed to break off long gains, leaving the biggest questions about his ball-security issues and uneven pass-catching efforts.

Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri (48): In a class rife with promising Day 2 defensive tackle prospects, Elliott is an attractive option, with the ability to be both slippery and powerful when taking on linemen.

J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (49): As Dobbins' career continued, his patient, well-rounded running style became easier to appreciate.

Terrell Burgess, S, Utah (50): Man coverage skills are his calling card, and there's no shortage of teams who would benefit from someone who can match up with receivers from the slot.

Edited by LTtxfan

https://www.espn.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4819951/breaking-down-the-patriots-trade-out-of-the-first-round-in-nfl-draft

Geez... DAMN PATRIOTS have 5 picks today!

The New England Patriots traded out of the first round of the NFL draft, shipping the 23rd overall pick to the Los Angeles Chargers in exchange for a second-rounder (37) and third-rounder (71).

A good trade?    Maybe, but there is absolutely no way to decisively say that just yet. They need to crush Day 2 of the draft before anyone can go there.  The trade sets up Friday as the most important team-building day for the Patriots in recent memory. They have five picks in the second and third rounds -- Nos. 37, 71, 87, 98 and 100 -- and director of player personnel Nick Caserio said early Friday morning that the volume gives them more flexibility to move around.

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

You made an egregious, unforgivable typo in that post, transposing the letters U and A.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

The bitching and gnashing of teeth about first rounders cracks me up....it's not like this result was some big surprise, there was not a single player ever thought of as a first rounder since season's end.  Not sure why some of you are pissing and moaning about something you should have known was coming for about 4 months.

You can know for weeks that a prostate exam is upcoming, doesn’t make it any less shitty when it happens.

Besides the more pressing issue is programs like fuckin Texas Tech has more first rounders in the past 5 years. I’m pissing and moaning until this shit changes tbh

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

after an undefeated season and a National Championship, innumerable post season awards and 5 first round picks...we're so grateful for your thoughts and well-wishes.

please...by all means...keep them coming.

Why are you here then? Not trying to be a dick I’m just curious.

Edited by A’Dam Psycho

52 minutes ago, bamachine said:

You made an egregious, unforgivable typo in that post, transposing the letters U and A.

Oof. Sorry bout that. Fuck Auburn too. 

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

after an undefeated season and a National Championship, innumerable post season awards

Gee I wonder what that feels like? Oh yeah we did it with a guy who bled orange and white, not a transfer for playing time crybaby bitch. 

I think it’s safe to say Burrow was surrounded by more relative to the league (CFB vs NFL) talent at LSU than Bengals. I don’t understand why it’s egregious to think he could fall short of expectations at the next level. Suggesting Burrow could be a bust is apparently akin the punching an old lady in the face on the Internet right now.