Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

32 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Christ on a cracker, Trump never said Wuhan flu was a hoax.  he said the Democrats saying he wasn't doing anything about it and his team wasn't doing anything was a hoax.  this after he stopped travel from China because of it.

For the record - trump and his team did worse than nothing, they actively muddied the waters and disseminated disinformation and incited violence against states trying to contain it (remember LIBERATE MICHIGAN, the prequel to the Capitol insurrection?). We know from the Woodward interviews that trump KNEW it was a deadly and contagious airborne virus, and he nonetheless told the American public that we had nothing to worry about and that we were just about to round a corner and go to zero cases. 

• Hook 'Em 4

39 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Christ on a cracker, Trump never said Wuhan flu was a hoax.  he said the Democrats saying he wasn't doing anything about it and his team wasn't doing anything was a hoax.  this after he stopped travel from China because of it.

Maybe it will be gone by Easter. 

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

For the record - trump and his team did worse than nothing, they actively muddied the waters and disseminated disinformation and incited violence against states trying to contain it (remember LIBERATE MICHIGAN, the prequel to the Capitol insurrection?). We know from the Woodward interviews that trump KNEW it was a deadly and contagious airborne virus, and he nonetheless told the American public that we had nothing to worry about and that we were just about to round a corner and go to zero cases. 

They were probably trying to save grandmas from Whitmer. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

As did the great Fauci..

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Yall sure do make alot of hay with a single out of context video clip to deflect from trump's failures over the course of 2020 wrt COVID. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

Head to Chinatown!  "the beaches are open, its a great day in our fair city.  Chinatown as you know means "friendship".

yeah that 10 months to a vaccine that was gonna take 4 years was a huge failure.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

Head to Chinatown!  "the beaches are open, its a great day in our fair city.  Chinatown as you know means "friendship".

yeah that 10 months to a vaccine that was gonna take 4 years was a huge failure.

Yes, whataboutism is a logical fallacy to attempt to discredit someone by indirectly accusing them of hypocrisy without actually engaging in a substantive argument. It's what useful idiots do to protect their fragile worldview.

Care to cite your chinatown quote there champ? Facebook/Gab/Parler don't count, primary sources only.

And I'm not sure why you're attacking Fauci for not banking on a moonshot vaccine breakthrough that had never been tried before. Are you trying to claim that he had an agenda to keep us all in lockdown or something like that? I'm not sure where the anger is coming from on that lol.

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Yes, whataboutism is a logical fallacy to attempt to discredit someone by indirectly accusing them of hypocrisy without actually engaging in a substantive argument. It's what useful idiots do to protect their fragile worldview.

Care to cite your chinatown quote there champ? Facebook/Gab/Parler don't count, primary sources only.

And I'm not sure why you're attacking Fauci for not banking on a moonshot vaccine breakthrough that had never been tried before. Are you trying to claim that he had an agenda to keep us all in lockdown or something like that? I'm not sure where the anger is coming from on that lol.

You're asking him to cite a parody. LOL

58 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Not trying to come down on you, but I recently saw this, which offers some further insights on the subject.  Overall, population density has likely ended up being less of a factor than I expected it would be, a year ago.  However this study's findings do indicate that it can be a significant contributing factor.  But they go on to indicate that "connectivity" among densely packed communities is the largest driver.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01944363.2020.1777891

Yeah, I saw that one too, pretty interesting and it makes total sense. Unfortunately there's no real way to get the metric they're using for all of the different countries to look behind the curtain.

Since this isn't the CR thread, I'm not going to get into the name blaming in this post. What I do find interesting is the discussion regarding density and the correlation to the number of cases and mortality. I think it's safe to say that in the early stages of the arrival of the virus that there's no question that the major population centers along the East Coast were hit hardest while we were first grappling with how the virus spread and how to treat for it: density and housing conditions (e.g., people crammed into subway cars and living in cramped apartments) obviously played a strong role early on.

Density, per se, doesn't tell the whole story and neglects to take into account individual agency and collective action. Over time we began to learn of about the efficacy of wearing masks and practicing social distancing and the data shows (at least in the US) that to-date some of least dense parts of our country have had the most cases and the highest rates, likely due to a combination of age, pre-existing conditions, and the actions of residents.

Just take a look at these maps from the Johns Hopkins tracking site: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map Unfortunately, they don't provide separate links to the individual interactive maps, you can easily click on the right/left arrows directly under each one to see the results.

Yeah yeah I get it Rogan is polarizing but this was an interesting pod. This guy knows his geopolitics, particularly Asia, and is an advisor for the WHO. The amount of fuckery, lying, cover-ups, China has done with this pandemic is insane & criminal.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Canada has no Northern border. We have a 9X population density. Again, comparisons are difficult at best.

The vast majority of Canada's population is in a very small area. If you don't consider the vast areas of tundra where no one actually lives, their population density isn't all that different from ours.

7 hours ago, lmao said:

Yeah yeah I get it Rogan is polarizing but this was an interesting pod. This guy knows his geopolitics, particularly Asia, and is an advisor for the WHO. The amount of fuckery, lying, cover-ups, China has done with this pandemic is insane & criminal.

How dare you discuss the origination of the disease and it’s connection to China you racist pig.

The coincidences that would need to take place for this not to be related to their labs are absurd and this was always the most likely scenario IMO. Of course we will never know for sure because the evidence has been hidden, destroyed, killed or swabbed into our politicians buttholes shortly after the outbreak.

How dare you discuss the origination of the disease and it’s connection to China you racist pig.
The coincidences that would need to take place for this not to be related to their labs are absurd and this was always the most likely scenario IMO. Of course we will never know for sure because the evidence has been hidden, destroyed, killed or swabbed into our politicians buttholes shortly after the outbreak.

lol infectious diseases have been jumping between species since the dawn of time but that’s the stretch, not the man made conspiracy and coverup. K.

Maybe it did, maybe it didn’t. Neither I nor anyone on this site knows anything close to the whole origin story and I’m not sure I care at this point. But the logic above is laughable. Seriously, I don’t know how y’all write this stuff with a straight face.

7 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

The vast majority of Canada's population is in a very small area. If you don't consider the vast areas of tundra where no one actually lives, their population density isn't all that different from ours.

72% of Canadians live south of the 49th parallel.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

lol infectious diseases have been jumping between species since the dawn of time but that’s the stretch, not the man made conspiracy and coverup. K.

Maybe it did, maybe it didn’t. Neither I nor anyone on this site knows anything close to the whole origin story and I’m not sure I care at this point. But the logic above is laughable. Seriously, I don’t know how y’all write this stuff with a straight face.

Did you watch the video above? 

So China created a lab virus, weaponized it, got sloppy and it got outta the lab and spread around the world?

I honestly think that sounds totally plausible.  

38 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Nope, to dumb to listen to words. Apparently it's too hard to click a button on CR. I get shit for posting a video, then again I usually don't write anything underneath, but gotdamn, it makes me wonder why people are even able to put videos how much they complain about it.

You know, at the beginning of this I was pissed at China, but I figured let’s get this situation under control and then seek vengeance. Well, we’re seeing light at the end of the tunnel and now I’m turning into John Matrix. So, It’s time to fuck these pieces of shit up. 
gear up arnold schwarzenegger GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So China created a lab virus, weaponized it, got sloppy and it got outta the lab and spread around the world?

I honestly think that sounds totally plausible.  

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Lab self-reported to some CDC folks that they were undertrained/understaffed. It was also alleged that lab workers were sick well before patient zero from the wet market or whatever. Somebody oopsie-daisying that shit out of there on accident isn't just plausible, imo it is likely (which is why gain-of-function research is banned here).

That said I haven't watched the vid, but we all know that Cheeto face killed 200k of us using twitter, or something.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Lab self-reported to some CDC folks that they were undertrained/understaffed. It was also alleged that lab workers were sick well before patient zero from the wet market or whatever. Somebody oopsie-daisying that shit out of there on accident isn't just plausible, imo it is likely (which is why gain-of-function research is banned here).

That said I haven't watched the vid, but we all know that Cheeto face killed 200k of us using twitter, or something.

whoops GIF

• Haha 1

You know, at the beginning of this I was pissed at China, but I figured let’s get this situation under control and then seek vengeance. Well, we’re seeing light at the end of the tunnel and now I’m turning into John Matrix. So, It’s time to fuck these pieces of shit up. 
200.gif

I’ve always been meaning to ask you... did you ever have to “visit” your neighbor when you brandished your gun after seeing him unloading water and TP back in April?

24 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Can we wait until this shit is actually over to do the post-game analysis?  I bet there's still plenty of people we can/will get pissed at between now and the checkered flag.

COVID ended yesterday.  Governor said so.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’ve always been meaning to ask you... did you ever have to “visit” your neighbor when you brandished your gun after seeing him unloading water and TP back in April?

He delivers bottles of water and TP as payment for my protection.

But seriously, one good thing that came out of the pandemic was that I got to know my neighbors pretty well. We had a pretty good laugh about it over some beers one evening. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Why the resistance to the evidence it came from a lab? Is this purley political? For example:if the lab scenario is true that somehow puts a point on the scoreboard for Trump. Genuinely curious.

At this point there the evidence shows it leaked from a lab & China is continuing an ongoing cover-up. 

• Fuck You 1

Nope, to dumb to listen to words. Apparently it's too hard to click a button on CR. I get shit for posting a video, then again I usually don't write anything underneath, but gotdamn, it makes me wonder why people are even able to put videos how much they complain about it.

This, uh, isn’t the CR and I’m not really sure how the origin of the virus is political at all, but keep on making aggy blush with that victim complex.

Why the resistance to the evidence it came from a lab? Is this purley political? For example:if the lab scenario is true that somehow puts a point on the scoreboard for Trump. Genuinely curious.
At this point there the evidence shows it leaked from a lab & China is continuing an ongoing cover-up. 

No, I didn’t. Because I wasn’t lampooning the entire premise that it came out of a Chinese lab or whatever. I was lampooning the idea that a single YouTube interview with Joe Rogan is rock solid evidence that this is obviously a man made disaster and that it’s “absurd” this virus did what so many have done before it. We’re all shitposting on a college football board, and whatever went down, we’ll never know even the half of it.

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This, uh, isn’t the CR and I’m not really sure how the origin of the virus is political at all, but keep on making aggy blush with that victim complex.

No, I didn’t. Because I wasn’t lampooning the entire premise that it came out of a Chinese lab or whatever. I was lampooning the idea that a single YouTube interview with Joe Rogan is rock solid evidence that this is obviously a man made disaster and that it’s “absurd” this virus did what so many have done before it. We’re all shitposting on a college football board, and whatever went down, we’ll never know even the half of it.

could have just stopped there.  I suppose I could just take the word of a random college football internet poster with no evidence whatsoever, or watch a video interview of a guy who works for the WHO and points out multiple pieces of legitimate circumstantial evidence that all points in the same direction. 

There were fine bats on both sides of the Wet Market.

We have had well over a year to get "tough on China" and figure out how this whole thing started.  Not much has come of it.  40,000 people entered the United States after the China travel ban went into effect.  Most of them were U.S. Citizens, but according to my interviews with the Wuhan Virus...it was not overly concerned with the Nationality of the host body.  Apparently it's not about your ethnicity when entering a country, but rather-what global pandemic hotspot from where you departed.  That travel restriction helped, but I don't get why it continues to get so much praise 14 months later.  Hundreds of super-spreader Americans came into the U.S. with the virus active, and didn't take any mitigation measures to protect from spreading it (in fairness to them, because we didn't know what those measures were in February 2020). 

Trump and Biden have one thing in common, both are gonna have presided over this pandemic for about a year each.  And neither one of them did a fucking thing to get to the bottom of how China let this happen.  Just throwing enough red meat to their respective bases to keep people distracted from the fact that we're on a 3-year run of record trade deficits that have never been seen before.  Not great Bob.  

12 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Lol, at least you can try to read the thread title, numbnuts. Also pointing out that y'all are as deaf as y'all are dumb isn't me having a victim complex. But saying that fat people die more so than healthy people, well that just gets your panties in a wad.

• Haha 1

It is looking more likely it was something that escaped from a Chinese lab due to negligence/incompetence but given China is an oppressive dictatorial/ communist country we may never really know since they no doubt have been attempting to destroy any evidence of that. 

It was not a man made/biological weapon from China though which the extreme fringes want to allege. 

Still doesn’t excuse our totally incompetent response to it, which is a subject for the CR.  The vaccines are a miracle though and I for one will be giving credit to the scientists who developed it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

It isn't a single interview with Rogan. No one is saying that. That guy is one of the many WHO advisors who want to find out the origin of the virus and were denied and/or deceived by China for doing so. Mountains of evidence of a cover-up, destroying databases, imprisoning journalists & scientists. And since every single thing in this country is politicized that guy leans left (as do I). The Chinese have to be laughing their ass off at how polarized we've become and they're going to capitalize on that as much as they can. 

I still can't find a reason why some people are reluctant to address the mountain of evidence this came from a lab other than it would somehow come out as a win for Trump and his ilk. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

I watched that Joe Rogan cast.  Say what you want about Joe but he does get some legit smart and well respected people on his cast.  I have from day one thought that what that dude was saying was the case.   The best part is that if its true and it wasn't a virus that jumped from animals we will likely be able to eradicate it baring another "oops".

38 minutes ago, midtown said:

I watched that Joe Rogan cast.  Say what you want about Joe but he does get some legit smart and well respected people on his cast.  I have from day one thought that what that dude was saying was the case.   The best part is that if its true and it wasn't a virus that jumped from animals we will likely be able to eradicate it baring another "oops".

he also gets flat-earthers, anti-vaxxers, and propogandists on his show as well. He's just a bro-version of gwyneth paltrow

• Like 1

Lol, at least you can try to read the thread title, numbnuts. Also pointing out that y'all are as deaf as y'all are dumb isn't me having a victim complex. But saying that fat people die more so than healthy people, well that just gets your panties in a wad.

Lol I wasn’t going to respond to this nonsense but I do kind of want to her where you’re going with the fat people angle and how is relevant to the topic. My read is just whining about posters you don’t like but if it’s actually related to the bit rest of us are discussing, I’m fascinated.

It isn't a single interview with Rogan. No one is saying that. That guy is one of the many WHO advisors who want to find out the origin of the virus and were denied and/or deceived by China for doing so. Mountains of evidence of a cover-up, destroying databases, imprisoning journalists & scientists. And since every single thing in this country is politicized that guy leans left (as do I). The Chinese have to be laughing their ass off at how polarized we've become and they're going to capitalize on that as much as they can. 
I still can't find a reason why some people are reluctant to address the mountain of evidence this came from a lab other than it would somehow come out as a win for Trump and his ilk. 

Good lord. I’m not unwilling to consider evidence either way. I pointed out that saying the idea that this came about naturally is absurd, is in itself absurd. I don’t see what this has to do with Trump. Whether it came from a bat, a lab, or South Austin’s mom, Trump didn’t do anything to bring it about. It coming from a lab wouldn’t make him look any better than it coming naturally makes him look bad, which is to say it wouldn’t be relevant. You’re forcing this one here.

could have just stopped there.  I suppose I could just take the word of a random college football internet poster with no evidence whatsoever, or watch a video interview of a guy who works for the WHO and points out multiple pieces of legitimate circumstantial evidence that all points in the same direction. 

Lmao, ffs I’m not even sitting here saying you’re wrong. But you’re sitting here talking like it’s obvious what happened when the reality is there is so much information we will never be privy to.

18 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Lol I wasn’t going to respond to this nonsense but I do kind of want to her where you’re going with the fat people angle and how is relevant to the topic. My read is just whining about posters you don’t like but if it’s actually related to the bit rest of us are discussing, I’m fascinated.

Good lord. I’m not unwilling to consider evidence either way. I pointed out that saying the idea that this came about naturally is absurd, is in itself absurd. I don’t see what this has to do with Trump. Whether it came from a bat, a lab, or South Austin’s mom, Trump didn’t do anything to bring it about. It coming from a lab wouldn’t make him look any better than it coming naturally makes him look bad, which is to say it wouldn’t be relevant. You’re forcing this one here.

Lmao, ffs I’m not even sitting here saying you’re wrong. But you’re sitting here talking like it’s obvious what happened when the reality is there is so much information we will never be privy to.

Dude. It escaped from a lab. Get the fuck over it already. 

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Just pointing out the victim complex that comes when it's said. 

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

he also gets flat-earthers, anti-vaxxers, and propogandists on his show as well. He's just a bro-version of gwyneth paltrow

I don't listen to any of those. I like it when he has scientists or other interesting people on when (if) he lets them riff. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, lmao said:

I don't listen to any of those. I like it when he has scientists or other interesting people on when (if) he lets them riff. 

I'm sorry sir, but nowadays we no longer accept nuance. People are either all good or all bad. No in between. 

Your compliance is appreciated.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away