CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Is there not a positive relationship between population and manufacturing capacity?  Especially in the USA, where we were the manufacturing power of the world for decades?  Sure, there’s some lead time involved to transition other manufacturing infrastructure to work on test production ... but we have turned automakers into ventilator producers.    

Have we enacted the DPA to put our dormant industrial infrastructure to work making tests?  Or have we just relied on Jared Kushner playing make-believe businessman and calling random bros at Labcorp to work out how to best sell the same fucking tests five different times?

Starting in the 1930s and continuing on into the 70’s the United Sates was the greatest manufacturing country and economy in the history of the world. Never had been duplicated and perhaps never will.

We moved away from that starting in the 80’s and continuing on and on until today whereby we reduced manufacturing and essentially became a service based economy subservient to Capital traders of the world on Wall Street. That is still the case today.

That is why Wall Street, even given the obvious losses in our country of service, income, etc., is still doing  relatively ok now. It has not collapsed. That’s because they sell to the world and the American worker is not really all that important to them nowadays.

The question then becomes is do we as a country, want to support multi national corporations that are based here and rely on our laws and legal system yet other than that don’t really need us so they can sell to the world by having us either working subservient service jobs or just sitting on our ass collecting unemployment. Is that really what america is all about? 

It is time to definitely time to re-evaluate things. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Yes I am so tired of the winning. Been tired of it for going on three years now.

We were lucky for three years that the worst thing that happened was Trump, Moscow Mitch and their republican cronies only looted the country for their own profit. I myself thought we were lucky that that was all that had happened. 

I didn’t predict a disaster as bad as this. I was most worried about Trump somehow bumbling into a nuclear war because he got pissed at someone. 

I guess the good news is that hasn’t happened, yet. 

269 days to go. 

11 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

That article is nuts. Who has been shaming people for going outside?  I’ve walked my dogs every day this shit show has been going on. People are everywhere. Have some people really not left their homes?

I guess maybe in a massive city like NYC it’s different, just based on density, but the author mentions multiple places. 

It's not hard or shamed here in nyc.  You can go outside and stay away from people pretty easily. I do it a lot here in queens multiple times a day for fresh air or to walk the dog.  

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, deech said:

What is with all the Bill Gates shit?  Why is he getting pillaged?

A lot of bat shit crazy conspiracy theories are being peddled about Gates regarding C19 from the Right. Most theories have him as the creator of the virus. Someone I know was pushing the theory on Social Media that Gates will only allow people to get the vaccine if they take the "mark of the beast."

On 4/25/2020 at 7:32 PM, Anastasis said:

Jimmy, it's alright buddy.  Just go ahead and admit that you were just talking out of your ass. That will take much less time, energy, and effort than what will be a fruitless lit search. 

https://www.pnas.org/content/105/12/4639/tab-figures-data

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16585506/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1458676/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7095311/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC524041/ok 

hope this works 

12 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I spent about five seconds running a text search on testing assumptions and returned nothing. Please feel free to quote the relevant sections of text that I am overlooking. 

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Easy now.  We didn’t expect you to go to so much effort.  You’ve only been spamming the board with this random petty grudge nobody cares about for 2 weeks.  Give it at least another month before you let it go or read something.   

If you hold out longer on this than bad_teammate does on not voting for Biden unless he sends a personally addressed notarized letter promising not to veto a hypothetical bill of bad_teammate’s choosing, we will buy you a wreath.  

Cast your lot with jdf if you must. 

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I spent about five seconds running a text search on testing assumptions and returned nothing. Please feel free to quote the relevant sections of text that I am overlooking. 

Those are all studies of pandemic effects in the US correct? 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

No they say nothing in my opinion. Because they assumed the US failure wouldn’t happen, or was not a factor to even be considered. Just like I always said. Prove me wrong. 

So completely unresponsive. Thanks jimmy. 

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

“Was the master in charge of the control group strict in how he enforced protocol?

Oh yes, very strict.  Any breach was severely punished.

Tell me, was it double blind?

Yeah baby, you can’t see a thing.   Totally blind.  

Keep going.

Totally blind ... on both sides.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!  [lights cigarette]”

-  Anastasis and Jimmy, probably 

Coincidentally I watched this movie last night. Still not sure what to make if it but nice touch. 

18 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Omg will you two just exchange numbers and relieve the rest of us from reading your twisted foreplay?

Address me slowly, like I'm your addled grandpa, because I might as well be:

WTF does "jdf" stand for?  I feel as if I got left out of the Anastasis Kool Kid Klub (AKKK).

14 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

“Was the master in charge of the control group strict in how he enforced protocol?

Oh yes, very strict.  Any breach was severely punished.

Tell me, was it double blind?

Yeah baby, you can’t see a thing.   Totally blind.  

Keep going.

Totally blind ... on both sides.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!  [lights cigarette]”

-  Anastasis and Jimmy, probably 

I thought that we were actually going to go somewhere with the discussion of POC diagnostic manufacturing capacity. Maybe not. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

Ask jimmy.  He can help you out. 

I have no idea what  jdf or jdf2 stands for Those are your terms. 

On another note, I watched the movie the lighthouse last night. Strange movie. I think the willem Defoe character didn’t actually exist. Kind of like a movie version of Anastasis. Just really one guy talking to himself. Thoughts? 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

So Donald Trump dismantled the NSC's pandemic response outfit, and a couple of years later, over 50,000 Americans died...  In a pandemic...  And he made it worse by downplaying the danger and refusing to listen to doctors and scientists...  Because he was afraid of what the truth would do to his money...  And to his re-election chances...  So tens of thousands more Americans died, literally fucking died...

It should be impossible for anyone to defend him after this.  Forget everything else.  This one thing, by itself, should have made absolutely everyone turn on him.

But you're welcome to keep this up, of course, you army of Fox News parroting idiots.  You just don't get to call yourselves patriots ever again.

That always rubs me the wrong way.  If someone says they are a "patriot" you can be 100% sure they are some kind of weirdo.

• Like 1

Umm, what "success stories of businesses" are they gonna point to?

The airline industry is dead.  The hospitality industry is dead.  The restaurant industry is dead.  Literally millions of small businesses are gone.

Fucking Threadgill's just closed after 87 years in Austin.

Success stories.

Just spin it, man.  Fox News will help.  Everything's fine.

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The airline industry is dead.  The hospitality industry is dead.  The restaurant industry is dead.  Literally millions of small businesses are gone.

Success stories.

Did it really? Dammit. And I still haven't gotten over Hut's Hamburgers closing. Great college memories. Sigh.

Success stories.

Yeah, this just shows me that they have absolutely no understanding about what is about to happen to the country. They really think everything is going to be back to normal when they snap their fingers.

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I realized that a long long time ago. His troll game is very strong. The net is not that important. 

What’s really important is that you find a nice soft landing among compatriots who don’t expect much from you. 

• Fuck You 1