CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I have no issue with vaccine concern at all. I should've explained that the anti vaxxer crowd is not letting this go to waste and are using to spread their overall agenda. Less of the type of conversation you're describing and more fear based, Bill Gates, QAnon energy rolled into government control, dead people, Obama and the globalists. It makes the discovery of factual, information based decision making difficult for people who are less able to sort out nuances in reliable sources. Reliable sources may seem obvious to you, personally, but there are a lot of folks out there that receive and distribute information through word-of-mouth, social media, and so on and even with that, there are 'doctors' that some people follow or consult with that are more along the lines of the demon sperm woman in Houston and thus, it's hard to get people on the same page much less reading the same book. That's actually not a good analogy these days. Plenty of people read their Facebook pages but general comprehension is a different matter.

Very much this. I have no issue whatsoever with people not taking the vaccine who, out of abundance of caution, would prefer to wait and see. Perfectly understandable.

But there are millions who view this as just more government control, or they read a Facebook "article" from a "doctor" who claims it sterilizes females, or "why would I take it when I'm 99.5% likely to survive COVID?" Those people are probably too far gone.

Also, people are going to die shortly after taking the vaccine of any number of causes (because people always die over a large enough group). There's going to be a mad disinformation rush to immediately pin their deaths on the vaccine, especially since we'll be in the Biden administration by then. It's going to happen.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Now if the vaccine let's say starts to kill a lot of people with anaphylaxis then I could see him turn and blame it on the dems somehow screwing it up. 

He'll do whatever he views is best for him....regardless of contradictions, lies or damage to everything else around him.  He's a fucking psychopath. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

But there are millions who view this as just more government control, or they read a Facebook "article" from a "doctor" who claims it sterilizes females, or "why would I take it when I'm 99.5% likely to survive COVID?" Those people are probably too far gone.

Also, people are going to die shortly after taking the vaccine of any number of causes (because people always die over a large enough group). There's going to be a mad disinformation rush to immediately pin their deaths on the vaccine, especially since we'll be in the Biden administration by then. It's going to happen.

Exactly. In the past, for the disinfo groups to get out their message it would have been so much more costly from a time and money perspective. But now, it flows like a river and reaches people in ways they haven't even realized are targeted vs. happenstance.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/10/2020 at 9:34 AM, lemonlime said:

Yeah, it's not just the mask wearing.  I live in the Northeast, in an area that was hit hard during the first wave.  And the vast majority of people wear masks.  But cases are still skyrocketing again.  And based on my friends' timelines, they're just fine with Christmas parties.

When NY started making bars close at 10, people in my hometown would just head to someone’s house to continue partying. My cousin and her husband have a full bar in their garage and are usually the hosts. I’m sure this is very common across the country. 

19 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

No it sounds like donald trump you pussy ass both sides trumpkin. 

You sound angry. You guys are right. Other politicians don't lie and never constantly contradict themselves. Is this a matter of degrees argument I'm about to get? I don't trust any of them for the most part. Let me guess the guys you support aren't like that.

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Fuck You 10

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You sound angry. You guys are right. Other politicians don't lie and never constantly contradict themselves. Is this a matter of degrees argument I'm about to get? I don't trust any of them for the most part. 

Except Trump. You believe everything he says. This is because you are a moron. 

5 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You sound angry. You guys are right. Other politicians don't lie and never constantly contradict themselves. Is this a matter of degrees argument I'm about to get? I don't trust any of them for the most part. Let me guess the guys you support aren't like that.

If you can't see the difference you're a fucking moron...but we already knew that about you. 

6 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I am angry that there is a parade of dipshits like you that do whatever you can to deflect from the overall complete piece of shit both you and your orange god are. 

Sorry if that bothers you. 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Is your contention that trump is more dishonest, less dishonest or the same level of dishonest as other politicians? There’s only one answer based in fact here.

Trump is dishonest. Biden is dishonest. You're not going to convince me otherwise because that's a fact. So then you're left trying to convince each other well my guy is less dishonest. 

• Fuck You 7

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Trump is dishonest. Biden is dishonest. You're not going to convince me otherwise because that's a fact. So then you're left trying to convince each other well my guy is less dishonest. 

OJ Simpson is a criminal. Martha Stewart is a criminal. You're not going to convince me otherwise because that's a fact. So then you're left trying to convince each other well my guy is less of a criminal.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

A shove is assault. Forcible rape is assault. You're not going to convince me otherwise because that's a fact. So then you're left trying to convince each other well my violation is less assault. 

The old matter of degrees argument 

• Hook 'Em 9

14 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

So you didn’t answer the question. Shocking that you would deflect when asked a direct question with a factual answer.

19 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I am not sure anyone wants to convince you of anything. You are trending toward oblivion as a contributor. 

just-the-facts-maam.jpg

Try harder. Look for your argument in facts, not emotion. Concede plain errors in facts, logic and judgment.

The major contributors on this board - and there are many - are intelligent and well-read. Emulate.

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You act like we haven't seen your previous posts, you fucking moron. Troll away, just more posts to neg and get rid of you. 

OK, this is all I have said. I voted for Obama in 2008 and Trump.  I said my views over the yrs have trended more conservative but by no means am I some extremist. You guys are a trip. I'm fiscally conservative and liberal on a lot of issues like abortion and drugs. I don't trust govt much and I think they screw up most things they touch. I don't trust politicians like many of you and I don't think regardless of who is in power whether a Dem or a Repub has much affect on things as they're more similar than different. I'm probably have more in common with the views of most Americans vs what appears to be a super left leaning board here. Not much of a reason to post here much as all I get is negs and tons of angry name calling. There is tons of let's throw a label on this guy so it is OK to act foolish. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Fuck You 5

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

OK, this is all I have said. I voted for Obama in 2008 and Trump.  I said my views over the yrs have trended more conservative but by no means am I some extremist. You guys are a trip. I'm fiscally conservative and liberal on a lot of issues like abortion and drugs. I don't trust govt much and I think they screw up most things they touch. I don't trust politicians like.manybof you and I don't think regardless of who is in power whether a Dem or a Repub has much affect on things as they're more similar than different. I'm probably have more in common with the views of most Americans vs what appears to be a super left leaning board here. Not much of a reason to post here much as all I get is negs and tons of angry name calling. There is tons of let's throw a label on this guy so it is OK to act foolish. 

No, that is not all you've said. This board is far from left leaning. I'd say 70% are former Republicans/conservatives who abandoned the party because it went fucking nutso (me included). 

A shove is assault. Forcible rape is assault. You're not going to convince me otherwise because that's a fact. So then you're left trying to convince each other well my violation is less assault. 
The old matter of degrees argument 

Actually that is battery.

Trump lies on average nearly 4x a day. That is including the days he doesn’t talk to the public.

OJ Simpson is a criminal. Martha Stewart is a criminal. You're not going to convince me otherwise because that's a fact. So then you're left trying to convince each other well my guy is less of a criminal.

Don’t fall for this passive....you know that lib bitch burned some pie crusts nobody knows about.

Don’t fall for this passive....you know that lib bitch burned some pie crusts nobody knows about.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Very much this. I have no issue whatsoever with people not taking the vaccine who, out of abundance of caution, would prefer to wait and see. Perfectly understandable.

A lot of you guys would be much more even keeled if you would  just several times a day stop and think about how stupid the average person is and realize that half of them are stupider than that. You are wasting a lot of energy worrying about things that you can never change. 

And as an Aggie you’ve had more first hand experience with stupid people than anyone else on this board. You should know better by now

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

And one is responsible for 200+K deaths and counting. But since it hasn’t personally affected you or your loved ones, you don’t give a shit. If our country were made up of people like you during World War II, we would all be speaking German right now

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

No, that is not all you've said. This board is far from left leaning. I'd say 70% are former Republicans/conservatives who abandoned the party because it went fucking nutso (me included). 

I have been through a number of threads just reading. This is a super left leaning group. I did not read many conservative viewpoints at all. There were some but not many in comparison. 80/20 90/10 split. Somewhere in there. It is what it is. 

• Fuck You 6

9 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I did not read many conservative viewpoints

Most of the core posters in this forum Have been posting here or on similar iterations for the past 20 years. Most are firmly  center or even center right pre Trump. Trumpkins have turned “Conservatism” into pro Trump populism. That has not turned all of us into leftists.Your lack of critical thinking skills does not affect anyone here’s position on the political spectrum

Edited by Sawbonz
Fuck Trump and his personality cult
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Most of the core posters in this forum Have been posting here or on similar iterations for the past 20 years. Most are firmly  center or even center right pre Trump. Trumpkins have turned “Conservatism” into populism. That has not turned all of us into leftists.Your lack of critical thinking skills does not affect anyone here’s position on the political spectrum

Just stop with the insults. It weakens your arguments. 

• Fuck You 3

12 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I have been through a number of threads just reading. This is a super left leaning group. I did not read many conservative viewpoints at all. There were some but not many in comparison. 80/20 90/10 split. Somewhere in there. It is what it is. 

The vast majority of this board is centrist. The center of gravity probably falls somewhere around centrist-left. There are like three actual progressives on this board and one of them does nothing but post memes. 

Thing is this is a message board for the University of Texas meaning most here are educated meaning most here are not going to be Trump voters, because we're not stupid hicks. Way she goes.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

This is a super left leaning group. I did not read many conservative viewpoints at all. 

Maybe there would be more support of the current republican party if they didn't keep churning out such deceitful, self-dealing, racist-coddling, narcissistic megalomaniacs.  

8 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Fine, we're super left leaning. And just keep convincing yourself that you're in the middle every time you swear at random Karens under your breath for having to wear a mask inside a grocery store or break out another "both sides" comparison to rationalize insane, reckless behavior by our President, or completely and utterly misinterpret data to your liking. And continue to preface every post with "I voted for Obama once."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

lack of critical thinking skills. Come on. You can troll better than that. 

That’s not an insult it’s a critique based on observation of a pretty good sample of posts from you. If you do possess some please put them on display. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

The vast majority of this board is centrist. The center of gravity probably falls somewhere around centrist-left. There are like three actual progressives on this board and one of them does nothing but post memes. 

Thing is this is a message board for the University of Texas meaning most here are educated meaning most here are not going to be Trump voters, because we're not stupid hicks. Way she goes.

FYI I graduated from The University of Texas.