Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

Exactly.  And that was the point of my post.  I think we are on the precipice of a new Renaissance in UT Athletics.  Almost all of the minor sports are doing really well and we made hires in the two biggest sports that we have reason to be very excited about.  (Fuck everybody who wants to pooh-pooh the Sark hire - It's done and you don't KNOW shit yet, so stfu and enjoy the ride.) 

We know women's bball is headed in the right direction, softball is in the same boat and baseball is in a position to make some noise in Omaha.  That accounts for the next three biggest sports.  Four, if you include volleyball, who is the National Runner-up this year.

I think CDC has shown tremendous leadership and is making great hires.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I wish I could get emotionally invested in sports other than football. I've tried over the years. I'm just not capable of it. I'm really worried about the Sark hire and the next 2 football seasons. I'm jealous of you guys that can be pacified by success in other sports. 

Got damn, no wonder you keep making the Message Board Geniuses twitter with dog shit post like this. 

7 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Hats off to CDC.  UT Athletics is kicking ass right now and there is reason to be very optimistic about the future, including the big sports. 

Posted for emphasis.  Feels like the admin wants to win as much as us fans, so we got that going for us. Which is nice.

5 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Posted for emphasis.  Feels like the admin wants to win as much as us fans, so we got that going for us. Which is nice.

I think a bigger thing that is not talked about as much is how in line all the boosters are with CDC and the money finally realizing how good sports can be if they don't have the bullshit factions, although I think a lot of that was just power pushes during the Deloss > Patterson > Perrin years as well as the Chancelor/President issues during those same years. It appears we have strong leadership from all 3 power positions for the university that it hasn't seen in 10+ years.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 8:57 AM, David Dennison said:

I get the impression most people on this board would trade all of the success in those sports for perennial success on the football field.

I once heard a person say, in all seriousness, that they would trade a national title in hoops for a 3-0 head start in football against north Texas (that was our opener that year).  He isn’t the only one. 

On 5/24/2021 at 8:57 AM, David Dennison said:

I get the impression most people on this board would trade all of the success in those sports for perennial success on the football field.

I once heard a person say, in all seriousness, that they would trade a national title in hoops for a 3-0 head start in football against north Texas (that was our opener that year).  He isn’t the only one. 

I find it very interesting that since CDC left TCU has regressed big time in football and baseball.

In CDC's final year, TCU finished ranked in the top 10 in football. They haven't been ranked since CDC left. 

In CDC's final year, TCU made the CWS in baseball. They haven't been out of regional since CDC left. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This poster doesn't understand the difference between building facilities in central Austin vs. Starkville, MS.

We’d rarely sell out 15k seats.  That would be unnecessary.  The stadium has two side surrounded by roads so the only real chance to expand would be some outfield or third base side suites or a small section of discount bleachers, I’m not sure what else they’d want to have done, it’s still one of the best ballparks in college baseball.