Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

5 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

That pussy ass isn't going to do shit in the NFL.  He shouldn't have won the hiesman because he's a giant fucking pussy that got whipped by Texas in October.  He's such a giant pussy that Chris Plonsky wants to get a piece.

Betting those two words were the hardest to type of the lot.

Also, you're correct...Kyler shouldn't have won the "hiesman" after the loss in October, but he sealed the Heisman after personally shredding the horns for over 400 total yards in that game in December when the Big XII Championship trophy was on the sideline, waiting for the best team to claim it.  The best QB, and the best team won the conference title...for the 4th year in a row.  *We don't like to share.

Edited by XingTheRubicon
  • Fuck You 13

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You know, with Mayfield, "character" was a reference to the fact that he's a piece of shit, which isn't really relevant to football.

With Murray, he is also a piece of shit, but that's not the part of his character that matters. The "there's no 'we' in team" part, coupled with the, "Oh, noes, I might get hit, I'd better eat some turf" part dictates that he's not likely to have even Mayfieldesque success, and the truth is, Mayfield's success is limited, qualified, and of uncertain sustainability.

Murray is not likely to succeed simply because he is, you know... a pussy.

Exactly.

Mayfield is a douche but not a pussy. Murray is a pussy in need of a douche.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Buddy Hinton said:

Severe? His only knock is that's he 5'10. His only character flaw is that is being cocky.

From all indications the NFL has decided those aren't issues

5'8" 180 IRL.  There's a reason he fattened up, refused to run and refused to get another measurement at the pro day in Norman.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Exactly.

Mayfield is a douche but not a pussy. Murray is a pussy in need of a douche.

LOL, this is good.  I have no retort. 

6 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

5'8" 180 IRL.  There's a reason he fattened up, refused to run and refused to get another measurement at the pro day in Norman.

Meh, every NFL team knows this.  Surly figured it out but they didn't?  If he goes first overall, it's not because he tricked anybody. 

Murray has both ability and severe physical limitations.  #1 overall seems patently insane with all the question marks surrounding his size and his character.  But we all expect stupid from Arizona.

I bet you thought the Browns would be dumb to take Mayfield at number one, and that Mayfield would immediately fail there because it’s the Browns. Starting to think that the only reason you think they’ll fail is because theyre Sooners.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Greg Focker said:

I bet you thought the Browns would be dumb to take Mayfield at number one, and that Mayfield would immediately fail there because it’s the Browns. Starting to think that the only reason you think they’ll fail is because theyre Sooners.

Because the fucking Browns have been so great in drafting and developing successful qbs? 🙄 Yeah. Mayfield winning a few games was an absolute lock. Maybe not as much of a lock as him publicly fighting with his coach, but a lock - at least to discerning fans like you. 

Because the fucking Browns have been so great in drafting and developing successful qbs? Yeah. Mayfield winning a few games was an absolute lock. Maybe not as much of a lock as him publicly fighting with his coach, but a lock - at least to discerning fans like you. 

That shouldn’t be the basis for why you just assume failure. All it takes is the right mix of players and coaching to go on a run in the nfl.

What was a lock to me was that they would be competitive behind him and they’d clearly be a better team than the year before. The same will be true for 2019 too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 8:20 PM, Buddy Hinton said:

His only character flaw is that is being cocky...Enlighten me...

Post game douchiness with Sam and press conference bitchassedness.  Only Leinart handled a loss to Texas as more of a complete pussy.  Murray has low character.

Just now, Scholz said:

Post game douchiness with Sam and press conference bitchassedness.  Only Leinart handled a loss to Texas as more of a complete pussy.  Murray has low character.

It's astonishing to me that people don't think of the NFL as similar to any other professional environment. Someone who has shown a pattern of low character rightfully carries the weight of that perception until it's corrected through ACTIONS. Murray's attitude and character are under fire because they SHOULD be - at least until he shows otherwise. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Istian said:

It's astonishing to me that people don't think of the NFL as similar to any other professional environment. Someone who has shown a pattern of low character rightfully carries the weight of that perception until it's corrected through ACTIONS. Murray's attitude and character are under fire because they SHOULD be - at least until he shows otherwise. 

So you believe that the NFL teams are worried that KM wasn't nice to Sam and he was pissy during the post game press conference?

The truth his attitude & character aren't under fire anywhere but here. 

8 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

The truth his attitude & character aren't under fire anywhere but here. 

Yeah so that's completely false.  You might educate yourself on what one former NFL GM (Casserly) had to say about his leadership and study habits before chiming in again:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/kyler-murray-leadership-combine-nfl-concerns-lincoln-riley 

17 minutes ago, alincoln said:

NFL teams are worried that KM has the lowest and shortest throwing radius of any QB in NFL history.  

Now that is a legitimate concern. I personally wouldn't take him #1. Not so much because of height, but there are safer picks at the top of round 1. You can't afford to miss at the top of round 1. That is a job loser

Edited by Buddy Hinton

12 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Yeah so that's completely false.  You might educate yourself on what one former NFL GM (Casserly) had to say about his leadership and study habits before chiming in again:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/kyler-murray-leadership-combine-nfl-concerns-lincoln-riley 

You're seriously going to throw out Charlie Casserly?You might educate yourself on that. 

He got blasted for those remarks and he backpedaled so fast that week he probably pulled a hamstring

Edited by Buddy Hinton

9 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

You're seriously going to throw out Charlie Casserly?You might educate yourself on that. 

He got blasted for those remarks and he backpedaled so fast that week he probably pulled a hamstring

Yes I am. He got blasted by Lincoln Riley.  I was referring to your comment: "The truth his attitude & character aren't under fire anywhere but here."

Your comment was and remains completely false.  Cryler has been chided for poor leadership and study habits other than this website, guy.

30 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I have no problem with the criticism KM is getting but have you looked the QB's Casserly drafted in his history as GM?   He's literally one of the worst GM's ever.  It's actually comical, there's no way you could have done as badly even if you tried. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Specifically his QB's. Turrible.

Just now, Scholz said:

That's fair.  But attacking Casserly doesn't change the equation of the conversation.  Murray has been criticized in the public sphere for his attitude and work ethic and character.  Not just here.

I think so - but wasn't Baker getting the same attitude questions?  I DO NOT think KM is going to be as good as Baker but imo the knock on him should be his size/short arms rather than attitude.  There's people in this thread saying his attitude is so bad his Oline will let him get blindsided.  I mean, come on.  This is a UT board but it tends to be way more objective than hornsfans etc.  And I'll admit it's way more objective than any OU board.  That's why I'm here, but if there's blatant hypocrisy I call it out from time to time.  Flame away. 

And I don't mind the criticism he's getting.  The only reason I got dragged into this is Casserly's dumb ass used as an expert opinion on anything.  The guy is a complete idiot. 

9 minutes ago, Augustus said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/16/kyler-murray-oakland-athletics-bonus-money

A's offer Murray an additional 14 million guaranteed.

He should take that and speedy gonzalez out of the draft. Better long term earning prospects and longevity with those kinds of guarantees in baseball. Even if he doesnt see a second contract, that little ewok will be far better off health wise.

Edited by Vertigo

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I think so - but wasn't Baker getting the same attitude questions?  I DO NOT think KM is going to be as good as Baker but imo the knock on him should be his size/short arms rather than attitude.  There's people in this thread saying his attitude is so bad his Oline will let him get blindsided.  I mean, come on.  This is a UT board but it tends to be way more objective than hornsfans etc.  And I'll admit it's way more objective than any OU board.  That's why I'm here, but if there's blatant hypocrisy I call it out from time to time.  Flame away. 

And I don't mind the criticism he's getting.  The only reason I got dragged into this is Casserly's dumb ass used as an expert opinion on anything.  The guy is a complete idiot. 

"And I don't mind the criticism he's getting.  The only reason I got dragged into this is Casserly's dumb ass used as an expert opinion on anything.  The guy is a complete idiot. "

Well, if you think he's getting criticized now....wait until he throws a couple of picks, or fumbles the ball and his team loses because of it....he'll look for a locker to hide in and the heat will turn up on him.  High school was easy for him athletically-wise, and he had a good year at OU...there's no crying in football, and he WILL catch a lot of heat when he screws up....and I don't think he's mature enough, at this time, to deal with it....but then again, give me $25M guaranteed and I'll deal with it....which is what will happen.

• Like 1

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

"And I don't mind the criticism he's getting.  The only reason I got dragged into this is Casserly's dumb ass used as an expert opinion on anything.  The guy is a complete idiot. "

Well, if you think he's getting criticized now....wait until he throws a couple of picks, or fumbles the ball and his team loses because of it....he'll look for a locker to hide in and the heat will turn up on him.  High school was easy for him athletically-wise, and he had a good year at OU...there's no crying in football, and he WILL catch a lot of heat when he screws up....and I don't think he's mature enough, at this time, to deal with it....but then again, give me $25M guaranteed and I'll deal with it....which is what will happen.

Well, when you put it like that...That all seems right.  I don't know anyone who had such a rosy run to the NFL.  Who am I missing?  Undefeated in HS with 3 State championships.  One season in CFB and wins the Heisman and takes the world's worst D to the final 4.  Was barely hit all year, even by Bama/Texas, had the top line in CFB.  Then is somehow the projected number 1 pick?  Yep, has faced about zero adversity. 

He should take that and speedy gonzalez out of the draft. Better long term earning prospects and longevity with those kinds of guarantees in baseball. Even if he doesnt see a second contract, that little ewok will be far better off health wise.
Until somebody beans him.

6 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Well, if you think he's getting criticized now....wait until he throws a couple of picks, or fumbles the ball and his team loses because of it....he'll look for a locker to hide in and the heat will turn up on him.  High school was easy for him athletically-wise, and he had a good year at OU...there's no crying in football, and he WILL catch a lot of heat when he screws up....and I don't think he's mature enough, at this time, to deal with it.... but then again, give me $25M guaranteed and I'll deal with it....which is what will happen.

Two times last season where Murray revealed his flawed character...

• Cotton Bowl loss and incident with Sam
  • During his weakass first half against Bama, he had a whiny ass demeanor on the sidelines

Murray doesn't handle losing well, and he will get hit a lot more in the NFL.  Give him a bunch of body shots and he will go down.  He needs to sit for part of his first season but he won't..... doubt he makes it thru year1 without getting injured.  

He's like Apollo Creed in Rocky.... quick as shit but too cocky for his own good. When the NFL gives Murray  body shots..... he'll go down hard.  Not sure he has the mental makeup to last even 5 years in the NFL.  (7:40 mark is awesome)

Edited by LTtxfan

From ESPN article on Kliff and Kyler.  http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/26562522/could-kliff-kingsbury-seven-year-recruitment-kyler-murray-pay-off

"He's always been very fond of me and I respect that. I've always never taken that for granted. He's always someone I can go to if I ever need anything."

- Kyler Murray

Yeah, Kyler.  That's because Kliff is "fond" of pussy. 

• Like 1