Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/3/2019 at 10:37 PM, Neonmoon said:

Kliff tying his future to Kyler Murray. That’s one way to go 

Even if he isn’t, doesn’t Arizona want people to believe they’d draft Murray at 1 for possible trade up? Remember this is the silly season and some teams rely on misinformation to create leverage 

Some of you may think the rules will protect him, but rules won't keep you from getting hit illegally. It's just going to take one good Suh body slam, or some other late hit/cheap shot, to end the ewok. He can't dodge getting hit forever. 

11 minutes ago, Deej said:

Some of you may think the rules will protect him, but rules won't keep you from getting hit illegally. It's just going to take one good Suh body slam, or some other late hit/cheap shot, to end the ewok. He can't dodge getting hit forever. 

Also, once he leaves the pocket as a runner he’s fair game. 

13 minutes ago, Deej said:

Suh is a good example.  That dude is a straight up sociopathic criminal who belongs in prison.  He's out to maim.

2 hours ago, Deej said:

He can't dodge getting hit forever. 

I’ve been saying this about him since he was a sophomore in high school, yet here he is. To me, it’s the most amazing thing about him. QB’s that are way bigger and more built than he’ll ever be get injured all the time, yet he’s never so much as gotten a concussion to my knowledge despite his miniscule stature. I really don’t understand it. 

I think he’ll have an RG3-like career path. Will have a surprisingly good rookie year, but the magic will wear off and he’ll end up a flop.

30 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’ve been saying this about him since he was a sophomore in high school, yet here he is. To me, it’s the most amazing thing about him. QB’s that are way bigger and more built than he’ll ever be get injured all the time, yet he’s never so much as gotten a concussion to my knowledge despite his miniscule stature. I really don’t understand it. 

I think he’ll have an RG3-like career path. Will have a surprisingly good rookie year, but the magic will wear off and he’ll end up a flop.

There ain't speed at every position on the defense on every team in college. He loses some of his advantage.

Even if he isn’t, doesn’t Arizona want people to believe they’d draft Murray at 1 for possible trade up? Remember this is the silly season and some teams rely on misinformation to create leverage 

Kevin Costner taught me that the way you avoid falling victim to this is to write the name of your guy down on a post it note and then fold it up and stick it in your pocket.
  • Like 1

Leadership - not good.
Study habits - not good.
The board work - below not good.
Ability to reach the second level of shelves in the kitchen without a little step stool like the one my wife uses - below below not good. 

What is board work?

I'm seriously looking forward to watching this miniature bitch flame out of the league inside of two years.  He's a faster Johnny Manziel.  Or a smaller and douchier RG3.  There is literally no reason to think he can have success in that league.

But, but Russell Wilson!  They're both short and that's where that comparison ends.

So many of you guys should be GMs in the nfl. According to this board he should be a UDFA.

Yes I hate him but school me where he has failed so far. Is he better or worse than doug flutie? He is a finger width shorter than drew brees and Russell wilson, both at 5'11".

12 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Yes I hate him but school me where he has failed so far. Is he better or worse than doug flutie? He is a finger width shorter than drew brees and Russell wilson, both at 5'11".

Well, he's failed at every interview.  The kid comes off as arrogant and dumb as a rock.  

And you're comparing him to one of the best arms in NFL history and one of the best runners and decision-makers in NFL history.  There's a reason you can only think of two guys his size playing QB in the NFL and they both have Hall of Fame talent.  Kyler doesn't.  And he's a prick.  It's gonna be a trainwreck.

• Like 1

There’s probably been a few guys that could have been first round picks in multiple sports, but they chose a sport to focus on and were only drafted high in that sport. Baseball gets first crack out of high school. Could joe Mauer or Aaron judge have been first round nfl draft picks had they not gone into minor league baseball and instead went to college and played qb?
guys like elway chose football and that affected their baseball draft status. 
Bo Jackson had the tools and talent to be drafted that high in both sports  
One of the unique things about Murray other than being good enough is that he committed to baseball, was drafted high, negotiated a contract to hold off on actually starting his baseball career in favor of a college football season, then changed his mind and said he’s going football before the draft and in time for nfl teams to feel comfortable drafting him early. 
Whatever looch

6f1da4fe5a18a0b0ac07d300fd733b03.gif

43 minutes ago, markstanco said:

So many of you guys should be GMs in the nfl. According to this board he should be a UDFA.

Did he not fail and jump ship from A&M?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Well, he's failed at every interview.  The kid comes off as arrogant and dumb as a rock.  

And you're comparing him to one of the best arms in NFL history and one of the best runners and decision-makers in NFL history.  There's a reason you can only think of two guys his size playing QB in the NFL and they both have Hall of Fame talent.  Kyler doesn't.  And he's a prick.  It's gonna be a trainwreck.

What talent did they show in college that Kyler didn't?  Everyone here said Baker would suck (maybe save Vic) and he looks pretty good.  I actually thought Baker would be good and said as much - and so I'm not a homer, I don't think Kyler will succeed but I don't get your talent line. 

If you're saying size, fine, but everyone who has seen this kid in HS and college said his actual talent and athletic ability stack up with anybody out there.  Now, he is tiny with T-Rex arms, and seems to be toting nothing more than a bag of chips in that giant melon of his...and that's why I think he'll fail but your no talent line is odd. 

Quarterbacks can't get by solely on athletic ability in the NFL plus Arizona had the worst line in the NFL by far last season. Kyler would be meeting up with Aaron Donald, DeForest Buckner and Frank Clark twice every season behind that toilet paper line, a far cry from what he was accustomed to in 2018. I'd bet $$$ Kyler is playing baseball 3 years from now and coach cool is looking for an OC gig. The Cardinals are shopping Rosen around so it's pretty much a given they're going to select Kyler.

Hopefully his combine interviews weren't this fucked :

I see a little bit of RGIII in this guy. Maybe Coach Cool can do more with his talent than Dan Snyder did with Rob but the situations seem similar to me, draft a commodity and then provide no support. They'll run him around until he's broken and then that will be that.

Edited by El Diablo

4 hours ago, Chad said:

... I'd bet $$$ Kyler is playing baseball 3 years from now and coach cool is looking for an OC gig...

You'd be a fucking idiot to bet $$$ Kyler is playing baseball, because he's never going to play baseball.

He would be dumber than you if he quit football to play minor league baseball until his late 20s and then played a shitty contract until his early 30s. He would make more in one year on a 2nd contract than he would on his entire first Major League contract.

Or maybe you're just fucking with people and you're not as stupid as you seem.

44 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You'd be a fucking idiot to bet $$$ Kyler is playing baseball, because he's never going to play baseball.

He would be dumber than you if he quit football to play minor league baseball until his late 20s and then played a shitty contract until his early 30s. He would make more in one year on a 2nd contract than he would on his entire first Major League contract.

The implication is that there is no way he gets a second contract in the NFL and that baseball will be his only other option, not that he would voluntarily switch from football to baseball.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Yea that's a HORRIBLE prediction! No heisman-winning, first-round pick QB has ever gone from the NFL to minor league baseball after just a couple years in the NFL! What an idiot!  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

The implication is that there is no way he gets a second contract in the NFL and that baseball will be his only other option, not that he would voluntarily switch from football to baseball.

I just see the guy as weak-minded. What has he ever stuck out in his life? Transferred from aggy because the going got tough. Didn’t use all his eligibility at OU. Didn’t stick to his baseball commitment.

Why won’t he change his mind after two years of getting his head kicked in in the NFL?

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 1