Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

28 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That says more about aggy than kyler - As far as playing ability.  Spot on he was full retard to choose that hellhole in the first place...

I hate to say it, but he was smart enough to smell the stink around Charlie Strong. Sumlin's teams put up numbers for a while.

Edited by Thetexashammer

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to laugh if the Dolphins pick Kyler, it'll ensure their playoff victory drought that is 2 seasons shy of 2 decades continues on. Jay Fiedler was the last QB that led Miami to a post season victory and that was back in 2000. How many bad Quarterbacks have the Dolphins cycled through if Ryan Tannehill is their best QB in the last 2 decades sheesh.

8 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

I hate to say it, but he was smart enough to smell the stink around Charlie Strong. 

he never seriously considered flipping his commitment, he just wanted to see how much last-minute bowing and scraping he could get out of A&M and us combined, by acting like he might commit here

and Charlie and Sumlin were both dumb enough to fall for it

Edited by SwanderedTalent

8 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

he never seriously considered flipping his commitment, he just wanted to see how much last-minute bowing and scraping he could get out of A&M and us combined, by acting like he might commit here

and Charlie and Sumlin were both dumb enough to fall for it

That’s recruiting.  Every coach will always do that for 5 star QB’s...maybe Saban is above that but I doubt it.  

49 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That’s recruiting.  Every coach will always do that for 5 star QB’s...maybe Saban is above that but I doubt it.  

You have to know when you're being played. To some degree I agree with you, but Charlie basically managed to lose Murray to A&M twice: once when he committed, and then again near Signing Day when he made a transparently desperate attempt to sign him and then the kid went to A&M anyway. That put the whole "best player in the state picked A&M, ZOMG WRTS" thing on very blasty re-run in a way that wouldn't have happened if Murray hadn't been given a huge additional spotlight w/the Austin visit.

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

You have to know when you're being played. To some degree I agree with you, but Charlie basically managed to lose Murray to A&M twice: once when he committed, and then again near Signing Day when he made a transparently desperate attempt to sign him and then the kid went to A&M anyway. That put the whole "best player in the state picked A&M, ZOMG WRTS" thing on very blasty re-run in a way that wouldn't have happened if Murray hadn't been given a huge additional spotlight w/the Austin visit.

I don’t think Texas worries about what those mouth breathers think.  Nor should they...

As a fan, you should take the same road.  Laugh and point.  No matter what they do.  It’s always the right move.  

And to just top this off w/the last I'll say on it-- I'm not bent out of shape over the media getting another 72 hours of ZOMG WRTS CAN U BELIEVE SLEEPING GIANT AGGY when Murray rope-a-dope'd Charlie Strong. The perception of our program among recruits is shaped by a lot of things and what they hear and see based on what the media says is a small sliver. Specific to that small sliver, I think the "re-recruitment" of Murray was a dumb tactical mistake, and I think that because I believe it was a bad faith move by the Murray family in order to fuck with UT, and I think we should have been smarter than to play along. 

We had much bigger problems in 2015 than any of that. It doesn't even make Strong's top ten of fucking retarded things he did. But in a thread about Kyler Murray, when his recruitment comes up, it seems relevant to point out that we foolishly gave A&M's best recruit a chance to publicly spurn us for a second time in a situation with (again, in my opinion) zero upside. 

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

And to just top this off w/the last I'll say on it-- I'm not bent out of shape over the media getting another 72 hours of ZOMG WRTS CAN U BELIEVE SLEEPING GIANT AGGY when Murray rope-a-dope'd Charlie Strong. The perception of our program among recruits is shaped by a lot of things and what they hear and see based on what the media says is a small sliver. Specific to that small sliver, I think the "re-recruitment" of Murray was a dumb tactical mistake, and I think that because I believe it was a bad faith move by the Murray family to fuck with UT and I think we should have been smarter than to play along. 

We had much bigger problems in 2015 than any of that. It doesn't even make Strong's top ten of fucking retarded things he did. But in a thread about Kyler Murray, when his recruitment comes up, it seems relevant to point out that we foolishly gave A&M's best recruit a chance to publicly spurn us for a second time in a situation with (again, in my opinion) zero upside. 

I think you underestimate the importance of a second-place finish in recruiting. 

11 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

You're trying to revise history.

There was no stink on Charlie's program at that time. It certainly came later, but at that moment, people were still very high on it, which is why Murray even made the trip. 

Secondly, Murray was an aggie legacy and committed to them very early in the process and was always going to go there. He visited Austin solely because his is a more of a drama queen than a middle school girl (and shorter as well). He was never going to commit here.

There are plenty of reasons to trash Charlie's program, but this doesn't happen to be one of them. If a five star kid wants to visit your school, you let him, even if it is an outside shot at landing him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Secondly, Murray was an aggie legacy and committed to them very early in the process and was always going to go there. He visited Austin solely because his is a more of a drama queen than a middle school girl (and shorter as well). He was never going to commit here.

There are plenty of reasons to trash Charlie's program, but this doesn't happen to be one of them. If a five star kid wants to visit your school, you let him, even if it is an outside shot at landing him.

these two things are incompatible: "he visited bc he's a drama queen / he was never going to commit here" and "if a 5* wants to visit, you let him". So even if you know he's fucking around, you play along. OK.

and not only did I say this shitshow didn't make Charlie's colorful and lengthy list of dumbass things he accomplished here, there's no revisionism involved. Murray's visit was a transparently "look at me" gesture to both UT AND A&M, with no chance of paying off, from the minute it was announced

So if these stats are legit (not sure if they embellish), he's about 6 feet in cleats? Which is what Brees seems to be.

Does Kliff and the Cardinals dare make a splash and take him with the 1st pick?

KK would be foolish not to take him. He won’t win shit with Rosen.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

Yeah I don't really see much downside here.  I don't think the chances of Murray sucking are any greater than Rosen sucking, and you know at least Murray fits what you want to do better.  Assuming you can still get something for Rosen it seems like a no brainer.  If both of these guys were coming out in the same year, no one would take Rosen over Murray.

9 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Rosen needs a great OL and an offense like the Rams ran with Kurt Warner.... otherwise his body is like Shane's and he'll be out of the NFL in 5yrs. 

Would be funny if Kliffy trades Rosen and then drafts the ohio state QB....

Edited by LTtxfan
Fix damn autocorrect

42 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I have gotten away with pulling my heels off the ground ever so slightly at a weigh in before, I wonder if he did something similar. There is absolutely no way he is 5'10. Watching him play Texas last year I would peg him at 5'8 tops. 

You clearly know a thing or two about pegging. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I have gotten away with pulling my heels off the ground ever so slightly at a weigh in before, I wonder if he did something similar. There is absolutely no way he is 5'10. Watching him play Texas last year I would peg him at 5'8 tops. 

Yeah it's definitely more likely that OU, the A's, and the nfl combine people are just lying to make him look better.  Much more feasible than you incorrectly guessing his height.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

So if these stats are legit (not sure if they embellish), he's about 6 feet in cleats? Which is what Brees seems to be.

Does Kliff and the Cardinals dare make a splash and take him with the 1st pick?

Brees height and weight at the combine was 6' and 213. Brees has two inches of height on Murray.