Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I have gotten away with pulling my heels off the ground ever so slightly at a weigh in before, I wonder if he did something similar. There is absolutely no way he is 5'10. Watching him play Texas last year I would peg him at 5'8 tops. 

giphy.gif

Marge has no idea how Kyler added height for the Combine....

51 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

KK would be foolish not to take him. He won’t win shit with Rosen.

Has a college ever had QBs taken number 1 back to back years?

Closest I could find is Andre Ware and David Klingler going #6 and #7 in back to back years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

There’s not a chance in hell he’s actually 5’10”. No way he’s a cunt hair over 5’8”.

You can’t fake your height at something like that, but weight is different. He’ll never play at 207, he’s gonna drop that weight to his normal 190ish come season time. 

Im just glad we’ll never play him again, regardless of how short he is. Guy was a massive cunt and somewhat of a defensive nightmare to face on the field. OU will be a lot worse without him next year.  

33 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You can’t fake your height at something like that, but weight is different. He’ll never play at 207, he’s gonna drop that weight to his normal 190ish come season time. 

Im just glad we’ll never play him again, regardless of how short he is. Guy was a massive cunt and somewhat of a defensive nightmare to face on the field. OU will be a lot worse without him next year.  

It's not really faking your height as it is these leagues embellish that shit. Same as JJ Barea. They have him listed at 6. No way in hell he's 6. His mom even said he wasn't. I think KD is listed at 7 when he even said he wasn't. 

Murray can be sold to the public/media at 5-10 because of Russell Wilson.  An absolute shit storm would have erupted if he came in within the 5-9s.  His arm length is significantly shorter than the other 5-10 QBs (shortest arm in combine history for a QB).

As others have noted, his only analog in NFL history is Eddie LeBaron

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's not really faking your height as it is these leagues embellish that shit. Same as JJ Barea. They have him listed at 6. No way in hell he's 6. His mom even said he wasn't. I think KD is listed at 7 when he even said he wasn't. 

Combine measurement and some team's game day program or website are two different things.  Is it your argument that the NFL added an inch to his combine measurement just for shits and giggles?

Edited by Gene Parmesan

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Combine measurement and some team's program or website are two different things.  Is it your argument that the NFL added an inch to his combine measurement just for shits and giggles?

Sure, why not? They are all one in the same.

Edited by Vic Mackey

17 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Combine measurement and some team's game day program or website are two different things.  Is it your argument that the NFL added an inch to his combine measurement just for shits and giggles?

And why would they fudge the height and not "fix" the wingspan/arm length?

19 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Sure, why not? They are all one in the same.

Teams use the combine results in draft decisions, so they want realistic results? 

The NFL wants Kyler to be #1 overall, but in order to get the Cardinals brass on board they need UT fans to believe he's 5'10" instead of 5'9".  If you watch the film of the measurement you can see a shadowy figure possibly handing the NFL measurer a special measuring tape which is believed to start from 1 instead of zero. 

52 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

They don’t do that for combine measurements. Most players don’t get invited to the combine so their heights can pretty much be whatever. 

2 hours ago, alincoln said:

The arm length is the shocker and exposes his height measurement as bullshit

Kyler Murray 28.5

Quinton Flowers 30 7/8

Russell Wilson 31

Brad Banks 31.5

Vernon Adams 30 1/4

Armanti Edwards 32 1/4

Not necessarily -- dude has extremely weird proportions. Head is too big for his shoulders, biceps look big on his short arms -- and he's a very little guy overall compared to the 300-pound players on both lines.

49 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Not necessarily -- dude has extremely weird proportions. Head is too big for his shoulders, biceps look big on his short arms -- and he's a very little guy overall compared to the 300-pound players on both lines.

I'm barely 5'8", and my arm length is 32"....so, I'd say 28.5"  seems short...Not sure anybody's gonna hold that against him, if he can throw the ball.  I'm no expert.

9 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I'm barely 5'8", and my arm length is 32"....so, I'd say 28.5"  seems short...Not sure anybody's gonna hold that against him, if he can throw the ball.  I'm no expert.

Does this equate at all to dress-shirt length? I'm about 5-9 and buy dress shirts with 33-inch sleeves.

They're not fudging the numbers at the Combine, particularly on the height portion. But he's certainly not going to play at 205. He's probably been sitting around eating Whataburger to get as heavy as possible.