Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

JFC. 6700 kids and they still recruit.

I get that I’m an old fucker but I did grow up in Dallas and lived there most of my first 30 years. I don’t recall ever hearing the name Allen before I left.

Because it was BFE until, I dunno, 15 years ago? North north Dallas, north of 635, is becoming like Houston.  The prior northernmost burb, e.g. Lewisville, Plano, gets abandoned as neighborhoods and homes age and some further north exurb, e.g. Frisco, Allen, gets populated.  Another 10-15 years and Frisco and Allen will be ditched for Proper and Princeton.  Not sure what's going to become of McKinney.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it was BFE until, I dunno, 15 years ago? North north Dallas, north of 635, is becoming like Houston.  The prior northernmost burb, e.g. Lewisville, Plano, gets abandoned as neighborhoods and homes age and some further north exurb, e.g. Frisco, Allen, gets populated.  Another 10-15 years and Frisco and Allen will be ditched for Proper and Princeton.  Not sure what's going to become of McKinney.

Yea I know. Just still wild.

18 hours ago, texifornia said:

It was some sponsorship thing for Gatorade. The thing is, if he'd just been half-awake and laughed off the questions with "nothing's decided yet, me and my team are working on our plans", it would have been normal. Instead he looked like a mentally deficient brat, slouching and not answering. 

He wasn't slouching, they just didn't let him use his booster seat.

The kid has the talent to play in the NFL even at his size, but aswith RG3, that me-first shit won't go over well in the locker room.

He's also a front-runner, so he's a massive flight risk once he faces any real kind of adversity in whichever sport he chooses.

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I am defiinitely buying tickets to this trainwreck. 

Seriously. There are so many reasons to like this timeline for me:

• The Astros won't have to deal with playing against him ever
  • A Sooner pussy who can't take the loss gets destroyed in his first year, OR he and Kliffy reinvent NFL offense. Win-win, either way.

5 minutes ago, fellside said:

I think he'll be successful.  Or at the very least, if he is unsuccessful, I don't think it will be because he takes such huge hits.  I know it's the common talk on here, but huge hits on QBs are kind of dead in the NFL.  You're less safe in college now.

His game is escaping the pocket and running when he can't find an open receiver. He will get hit and hit hard doing that in the NFL. It happened to Vince and Colt, and both of them are much bigger/thicker than Murray is. 

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

His game is escaping the pocket and running when he can't find an open receiver. He will get hit and hit hard doing that in the NFL. It happened to Vince and Colt, and both of them are much bigger/thicker than Murray is. 

Texas' gameplan against him was to keep him in the pocket by essentially telling our pass rushers to sit back and wait for him.  It did not work.

So am I correct that the only QB as short as he is that has had any success in the NFL is Doug Flutie who was only good after spending most of his career after he was drafted by the Bears in the CFL during the tail end of his career in the late 90s? What can possibly go wrong for anyone wanting to draft him :) I wonder how many teams will be gun shy even if they like him as a player because of what he has pulled with Oakland.

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Which time?

We went 1-1 against him and got a couple of hard licks in. 

We're talking about grading a QB right now, not an overall team.  He had over 300 yards passing and 90 yards rushing in game 1.  His team put up 45 points.  He had 379 yards passing in game 2.  His team put up 39 points.

I'm just saying he's dangerous in the pocket.

19 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Seriously. There are so many reasons to like this timeline for me:

• The Astros won't have to deal with playing against him ever
  • A Sooner pussy who can't take the loss gets destroyed in his first year, OR he and Kliffy reinvent NFL offense. Win-win, either way.

That was already pretty likely because ...

19 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

A's were stupid to put so much in on him anyways. He's an average baseball player. 

... this.

19 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

But...but....he knows how to slide (when he sees anyone get within 10 feet of him)....it's those guys he don't see that will take his head off....and that will happen.

• Like 1

Obviously, he has decided on the NFL because of the $$$.  Sure he loves the game.  How much $ could he expect to walk away with if he signs in 1st or 2nd round?  Once he gets drafted, he'll at least play in some pre-season games.  He may hold a clipboard the rest of the season.  He won't get hurt on the side-line... unless he gets his finger caught in that clipboard.

9 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

But...but....he knows how to slide (when he sees anyone get within 10 feet of him)....it's those guys he don't see that will take his head off....and that will happen.

And when it does he just doesn't seem to have the toughness of a mobile qb like a Russel Wilson who doesn't seem to let the hits really effect him, Kyler will be on the bench towel over his head pouting 

54 minutes ago, fellside said:

We're talking about grading a QB right now, not an overall team.  He had over 300 yards passing and 90 yards rushing in game 1.  His team put up 45 points.  He had 379 yards passing in game 2.  His team put up 39 points.

I'm just saying he's dangerous in the pocket.

Yes, but we beat him in game 1. Stats don't mean shit.

The goal is to win the game, not the stat sheet.