2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

On 2/4/2021 at 9:15 AM, Fletch said:

Also good to see Caston Peters name pop up. Kids got some pop. We finally have some legit depth at catcher. 

I assume there isn’t going to be an alumni game...

With a quick search for the past few years, it typically happens around February 1st.  So it probably would have taken place last Saturday if it was going to happen. 

Yeah they ain't gonna fly in alumni from all over the country for a meaningless scrimmage - shit, the last thing Pierce needs is half the team in contract tracing and unable to practice, considering we are 2 weeks out from facing #6, 7, 8 in Arlington.  Just play it safe. 

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yeah they ain't gonna fly in alumni from all over the country for a meaningless scrimmage - shit, the last thing Pierce needs is half the team in contract tracing and unable to practice, considering we are 2 weeks out from facing #6, 7, 8 in Arlington.  Just play it safe. 

This.  And most of the minors stopped letting the guys play anyway

Yeah, if you look at the start times of volleyball and women's basketball, it looks like everything at DFF will be on LHN.  Looking at that FloSports deal 'cause I'd really like to watch that opening weekend series in DFW.  To Luv2Win's point, would be curious about folks' past experience with that streaming service.  

Was shaggybevo around back then?  I can't remember when I left hornfans for shaggy.  I just remember Katy going on a tirade against me around that time for some reason. And of course I remember that game, because we ran outta parking lot beer in like the 11th inning, and there was no beer sales back then.  And nobody wanted to venture down the road to the Chevron to buy more because we kinda felt like we were witnessing history but nobody wanted to say it (like jinxing a no hitter).  My buddy went at got Taco Cabana by campus at least in the 14th/15th, so the ladies had something to eat so they'd stick it out with us.  The wife and I talk about that game every few months, I'm glad we stuck it out and I'm glad we were sober for it.  

I was there, too.  It was epic.  You can see Cameron Rupp on the broadcast in the on-deck circle telling me, "This is fucking ridiculous" around midnight.  /csb

MLB just wants to look like it's speeding up the game to keep reduce exposure from 4 hours back down to 3.  If they change it back for the 2022 season, who gives a shit in the grand scheme of things?  

That MLB 2nd base rule is chickenshit.  That makes as much sense as giving the batters an extra strike, or narrowing the strike zone, or letting the runners go on a fly ball when a game goes past 9 innings.  In other words, just stop playing the game of baseball once you get to extra innings -- just to keep errbody safe.

• Hook 'Em 2

Not to derail the thread and excitement as we start the season,  but thought the below may be of interest.   Followed the stream of the trial this week.   Concrete Cowboy was clearly responsible.   

Altercation started when Connor Capel (son of former UT pitcher Mike) and his girlfriend approached the crowded bar to retrieve her lost phone.  Bouncers thought they were cutting in line and altercation ensued when without provocation bouncers began using chokeholds on Connor and and later Kacy.  Further injuries occurred. (see photos in article).

Randy Sorrels is your guy if you encounter a similar problem in Houston.

(excerpts)

The Minor League sons of two former Major League pitchers Friday won $3.24 million in their lawsuit over a 2019 assault at an upscale Washington Avenue bar.

Kacy Clemens and Conner Capel, the sons of former Astros Roger Clemens and Mike Capel, were cleared of wrongdoing and the Concrete Cowboy was found liable in a Jan. 1, 2019 altercation involving the bar staff that left both men bloody and injured.

Kent Adams, attorney for the bar owner and the bar’s parent company, said opposing counsel was an outstanding trial lawyer who did a great job on the Harris County case.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Astros-sons-bar-fight-Houston-lawsuit-win-15930595.php

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 6:31 AM, TrashMaster G said:

So disappointed to see UH on our schedule.  F Tilman Fertitta.

Go my tix and hotel for Arlington.  Can't wait to see Globe Life Field and some live baseball!

Houston is the @Cal State Fullerton replacement because "covid", but nothing stops a SEC school from traversing a distance to come to Austin.

7 hours ago, petscii said:

Houston is the @Cal State Fullerton replacement because "covid", but nothing stops a SEC school from traversing a distance to come to Austin.

Well it certainly seems right for this season. Keep it local due to covid and whatnot. But yeah cougar high shouldn’t have the honor of playing us. Ever. Fuck em. Other than aggy and ou, is there a bigger piece of shit school that consistently pumps out shitty people? 

Yeah dude, it was hyperbole as in "Oh, I coulda used that glass of water last night instead of the last 6 drinks."  

I was at the game, the entire game, right on top of the action,.  It was epic, wouldn't trade it for anything yadayadayada.  It's a dumb rule, I just think organized baseball is just trying to look like they're trying shit out to keep people around each other for shorter periods of time.  It sucks but so does the pandemic.  It's a non-issue.  

Hopefully,  the heat will be working at Globe Life and  teams will not have travel issues this weekend.   

Have been scanning other team's forums.   A TCU fan posted heat was on for a WS game last year and the temp inside was in the mid/high 50's.   As I scan other forums,  you guys are not excited enough.    🙂 

The ballpark will also provide a comfortable space in the winter months as well, as heat is provided through six boilers that combine to generate the heating system's hot water.

"In the winter the boilers heat up water and generate hot water throughout the building," Johnson added.

https://www.mlb.com/rangers/ballpark/globe-life-field/news/a-big-chill-to-fill#:~:text=The ballpark will also provide,the building%2C" Johnson added.

Arlington:

Fri  36/25    sunny

Sat  45/40   sunny

Sun  60/34   p/c

https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/c1f9df9733de9d6c96883936de01ca988e6217ae78a329b5ec2e6416ed904abf