Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/24/2021 at 11:07 AM, Red Five said:

In the past six months we've gotten rid of Tom Herman, left this shitty conference, rid ourselves of Shaka and replaced him with Beard, and gotten rid of our Tennessee orange. 

Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium - Wikipedia

It's like the curse has been lifted.

Sans the orange shade, that's a beautiful picture. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I'm hoping that is what the two large (currently uncovered) panels on either side are for and that they will use the actual screen for in-game stuff.

good luck with all that

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Tesla lmao

Poor Nikola, his name dragged though the mud with that company. 

They didn't even pay off the politicians to be able to sell their cars in TX

https://electricvehiclenewsfeed.com/2021/05/28/tesla-cant-sell-texas-built-cars-in-tx-without-crazy-workaround/

God, the dealer laws are stupid.  No CR.

• Haha 1

3 weeks away from opening kickoff.  And the construction job is starting to remind of the final scene in "Gung Ho" where Michael Keaton and the crew are furiously trying to assemble the last few hundred cars before the final inspection.  gonna be a shitshow of a punchlist/breakdown in the last 10 days.

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

3 weeks away from opening kickoff.  And the construction job is starting to remind of the final scene in "Gung Ho" where Michael Keaton and the crew are furiously trying to assemble the last few hundred cars before the final inspection.  gonna be a shitshow of a punchlist/breakdown in the last 10 days.

“I see ah-fiffteen tousan cahs.”

“I rike you. You-ah make me raff.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

“I see ah-fiffteen tousan cahs.”

“I rike you. You-ah make me raff.”

You are welcome to stay at our house, uncle.

Is your wife home?

Yes, uncle.

Ramada Inn! 

Terribly underrated 80's comedy with some heart.  

It's not even just the stadium, all the street repairs going on around DKR are behind schedule (NE side, east side, et. al.).  And while there's not much student activity/traffic near the stadium, there'll be some vehicular congestion with commuters, faculty, and others.  Manor Garage has been where 1,000 workers park each day.  When that gets converted back to student parking on August 25th, I have no idea what the fuck they're gonna do for the final 10 days of construction.  

Don't get me wrong, the SEZ will be declared "open", but it won't be "done."  Happens all the time in construction, I get it.  But they were just blazing ahead during much of Covid-19 and thought they'd finish early and get bonuses.  Not so much anymore.  The premium seating areas, entry/egress, handicapped/emergency components...all that is done (though the catering kitchens won't be...they'll be supplemented by the east side hospitality areas).  So the rich and the old will get their fix.  But the general seating/student areas won't quite be done, nor will concession areas/concourses.  Probably not until Rice, perhaps later.  But the all-important illuminated Longhorn will go live on schedule, it will look its most glorious for the halftime runout during the Rice night game.  

tl;dr---even if you're not sitting in the SEZ this season (most of us aren't), be aware the construction areas will still be staged for ULL and possibly Rice.  Gonna be a clusterfuck, more than usual.  Plan your routes and walks accordingly.  Bring an extra beer for the walk, in case you get rerouted.  

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You are welcome to stay at our house, uncle.

Is your wife home?

Yes, uncle.

Ramada Inn! 

Terribly underrated 80's comedy with some heart.  

I took Keaton and his family from his home in Montana to California to get his name star on the walk of fame. Terribly nice people. Couldn’t help but see him wiping the spittle off of his compatriot with a ribbon of shame. 

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I took Keaton and his family from his home in Montana to California to get his name star on the walk of fame. Terribly nice people. Couldn’t help but see him wiping the spittle off of his compatriot with a ribbon of shame. 

Now you’ve got me curious who his “family” contains, because his ex-wife died a long time ago, and he was famously non-committal with Courteney Cox. And if he lives in Montana, I suspect he hangs out a lot with Letterman, they’ve been friends for more than 40 years.

Oh yeah, stadium, c’mon guys, lift that bale, tote that barge!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Now you’ve got me curious who his “family” contains, because his ex-wife died a long time ago, and he was famously non-committal with Courteney Cox. And if he lives in Montana, I suspect he hangs out a lot with Letterman, they’ve been friends for more than 40 years.

Oh yeah, stadium, c’mon guys, lift that bale, tote that barge!

It was him, a passel of brothers and his son. He has a home in Big Timber.

• Hook 'Em 1