Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

21 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Can Macron use his status as Trump’s new best friend forever to teach him how to tie a tie without it extending past his crotch?

He brushed Dandruff off of his collar so why not? Seriously, his man crush on Macron has a "lonely man" quality to it. Macron is the only one who has physically touched him the most in the last few days, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

So he went off today again about how we have put 7 trillion into the middle east and gotten NOTHING.  I'm sure our military, especially the ones who have fucking died over there, appreciate that.

The man is a shit head. And people here are proud to have voted for him.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And 100% this.

Macron is playing Trump.  And that's good for all of us.  He gets Trump to think they're pals.  And Trump will go along with something from his pal...if his pal plays him the right way.  It's all simple jedi-mind trick shit, and anyone worth a shit who's negotiated with a Gump-like adversary (or partner) has used them.

Macron: "Man, Donald.  We have always wanted to do X, but Obama just wouldn't go for it.  That was really frustrating."

Trump: "I'LL DO IT!  OBAMA WOULDN'T, BUT I WILL!"

If your job is "get Trump to do what I want," there are a lot of EASY ways to do that.  And if you have to act like his bestest buddy to get there, that's the price you gotta pay.

And if he doesn’t like you just use reverse psychology. Those 2 tactics work on trump and preschoolers with equal efficacy 

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So he went off today again about how we have put 7 trillion into the middle east and gotten NOTHING.  I'm sure our military, especially the ones who have fucking died over there, appreciate that.

The military doesn't care about shit like this when it's a Republican.   They still went like 70% for Trump after he attacked a Gold Star family, said POWs aren't heroes because they got caught, said he always wanted a purple heart, dodged the draft, and on and on.  Turns out that the military eggshells that Dems have to walk on are just phony excuses to justify a preexisting partisan position. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

haha. I love her hate... she ain't letting him out of the dog house EVAR. That sweet picture of Macron kissing his wife's hand made me miss the Mexican stand off staring contest behind them. That is some good shit. They'll need to autopsy Trump for poison if he drops dead from "natural causes" someday.

Nobody will want to know 

there are no words

They don’t care.

Every accusation (crooked Hillary! She is owned by Wall Street!) is a confession. Every. Fucking. One.

And the Trumpkins don’t care. If anyone else does this shit, it’s disqualifying. Team Trump does it, and it’s fine. Lather, rinse, repeat.

YUCK.  Even Ivanka looks matronly.  So many ugly dresses.
Does no one teach republican women how to find a good fitting bra?

Disappointed in Melania’s gown. Her daytime suit was great but this evening gown is underwhelming.

Good thing Macron is all feelsy with Trump since Melania is loathe to even touch his hand. He's gonna have to be satisfied with that until he can get time with hookers. 
And if you know anyone from the north of France, it's not exactly easy for them to pull off "chummy" with natural expressions of friendship in a physical way. Pauvre Macron is doing his best to sell it to the Dotard and, amazingly, is somehow succeeding. But he's definitely paying the price at home in the polls. Personally, I'm rooting for the guy. He's trying to modernize France's decrepit labor laws as both an avowed European and "globalist" while reinforcing France's historic role as a major Wetern power after 50 years of retreat.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cfpb-considers-ending-public-access-to-complaints-about-banks-1524601779

The Trump administration is likely to end public access to a web portal used by hundreds of thousands of consumers each year to file complaints against financial companies.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s acting director, Mick Mulvaney, on Tuesday addressed his intention to eliminate public access to the complaint database, saying it contains information that hasn’t been fully vetted by the government.

“I don’t see anything in here that says I have to run a Yelp for financial services sponsored by the federal government,” Mr. Mulvaney said at a banking industry conference, holding up a copy of the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial law that created the CFPB.

Audience members at the American Bankers Association conference applauded the comment.

The CFPB database has drawn 1.5 million consumer complaints on financial companies and products since its launch in 2011. It includes the names of the companies that receive complaints and detailed consumer experiences.

Advocates say having the information available to the public makes the portal effective by putting pressure on companies to respond to consumers. Businesses say it spreads unverified negative information about them.

“It’s an incredibly important tool that empowers consumers,” said Aaron Klein, a policy director at the Brookings Institution. “Why would he want to reduce information so people could make less-informed choices?” 

The CFPB verifies consumers did business with the companies in the database, but doesn’t confirm details in the complaints.

Mr. Mulvaney said the bureau would continue to maintain a toll-free number and a website to gather consumer complaints and forward them to companies, but the database would be hidden from public view.

Only the best people.  And your friendly GOP. 

1 hour ago, retread said:

The speculation that Trump is the template for future leaders is taking shape. Pruitt and Mulvaney realize no one is going to hold them accountable as long as they don't admit they're wrong.

This is almost the exact template for the fall of the Roman empire. Excessive and widespread open corruption, constant infighting, and a lazy, bloodthirsty populace. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, qwertyu1234 said:

I don't want to start another thread, so i'm going to break up the (much deserved) Trump hate circle jerk and ask a not so topical question. Does Trump's tax plan align with supply side economics?

There's a tax thread

49 minutes ago, qwertyu1234 said:

I don't want to start another thread, so i'm going to break up the (much deserved) Trump hate circle jerk and ask a not so topical question. Does Trump's tax plan align with supply side economics?

I would love to hear Trumps unscripted thoughts on this matter. 

30 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That would be great is the whole US Mexico border went blue.  The wall would only exist in places no one wants it.  

Pretty interesting to see the distinct regional patterns: Dems are really strong along the Pacific Coast, the Border, upper Mississippi Valley, BosWash corridor, and the big cities.

52 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That would be great is the whole US Mexico border went blue.  The wall would only exist in places no one wants it.  

Not even would-be GOP landowners along the border want it. Libertarian types hate eminent domain.

Edited by FondrenRoad

11 hours ago, retread said:

On my list of shit I'll worry about, this ranks low.  Awarding political allies/contributors/friends with ambassador positions is a time honored tradition that goes back centuries.  I think something like 30% of these positions are filled by friends.  Sure, it doesn't go well with Trump's rhetoric of "draining the swamp", but that is hardly surprising or even that disappointing.  At least she doesn't seem like an idiot, hasn't beat anyone up, and has some working knowledge of France and its culture. 

The bigger issue has been the gutting of the professional diplomatic corps and the failure to nominate qualified people for many positions across State.  I think an amateur diplomat can function adequately given they are intelligent and have a good support staff.  Maybe France is too big of a position for someone like her.  Don't know.  But this hardly ranks high on Trump's whatthefuck list.  Rick Perry is in charge of nuclear material for fucks sake.