Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

From a book I’m reading:
4B2F7F3B-6FC0-4190-B52C-066ACA847B93_zpstlrus3bj.png

Bingo. If you have to constantly talk about how great you are, talk smack, etc...that’s the surest sign that you AREN’T great (see, e.g., aggy).

Further, it’s honestly a lot like Christianity: talking about the faith doesn’t bring in the coverts nearly as well as being a living example of the faith:

“In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”

We used to live the “gospel” of the USA. The Berlin Airlift, stuff like that. And not that we don’t still do such things, but they are literally the opposite of what our president and his cult demand: America First, and fuck everyone else. Which is so ignorantly short-sighted as to defy belief.

Hell, I learned long ago to be free with my time, advice, and assistance to my peers. I do favors with ZERO expectation that the recipient can repay them. When I got past my youthful expectation of quid pro quo, and started acting that way, the referrals and work started pouring in, relatively speaking. That’s how you build your brand, not by saying “me first and fuck you.”
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

The sad thing is Democrats don’t have a simple bold unifying message to make people want to change what they already have. If any of them are running on impeaching Trump, it will only make the Reps come out and vote against them. 

I love this take. The only thing the GOP needed to win the WH and Congress was appealing to xenophobia and demonizing Hillary. Apparently the Democrats are the only party expected to actually run a campaign in order to win.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Bingo. If you have to constantly talk about how great you are, talk smack, etc...that’s the surest sign that you AREN’T great (see, e.g., aggy).

Further, it’s honestly a lot like Christianity: talking about the faith doesn’t bring in the coverts nearly as well as being a living example of the faith:

“In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”

real-gangsta-ass-niggas-dont-flex-nuts-c

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brandywine said:

The sad thing is Democrats don’t have a simple bold unifying message to make people want to change what they already have. If any of them are running on impeaching Trump, it will only make the Reps come out and vote against them. 

It’s true.  

To the legion of posters here who want Trump’s head on a stick, what’s your platform that’s not explicitly anti Trump?

Climate change-ok 

Identity politics- proving to not be big winner 

Pro free trade (At least relative to Trump)-ok 

Right to choose- nobody’s trying to ban abortions 

Pro immigration- good luck with that 

pro gun control- mmmhmm

Dems best hope is that enough people that voted for Trump will be turned off by his betrayals (putrid Omnibus, largely neocon foreign policy) to offset any gains he gets in minority vote, which are likely.  And God help you if he sees the light on marijuana.  Which he might.  Remember he stands for nothing.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ndawg said:

I love this take. The only thing the GOP needed to win the WH and Congress was appealing to xenophobia and demonizing Hillary. Apparently the Democrats are the only party expected to actually run a campaign in order to win.

I love this take.  It means you’ve learned nothing.  You still think calling people that voted for Trump racist and sexist is the answer.  Good luck.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I love this take.  It means you’ve learned nothing.  You still think calling people that voted for Trump racist and sexist is the answer.  Good luck.  

They carry around Nazi flags, throwing Hitler salutes shouting "Jews will not replace us."  They advocate and put in place policies separating parents from their children because brown people.  What are we supposed to think of them?  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I hate this take. It means that you think a man who grabs women by the pussy, screws his fellow Americans out of millions of dollars, and lies continually to the American public is fit to be President. 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It’s true.  

To the legion of posters here who want Trump’s head on a stick, what’s your platform that’s not explicitly anti Trump?

Climate change-ok 

pro gun control- mmmhmm

Dems best hope is that enough people that voted for Trump will be turned off by his betrayals (putrid Omnibus, largely neocon foreign policy) to offset any gains he gets in minority vote, which are likely.  And God help you if he sees the light on marijuana.  Which he might.  Remember he stands for nothing.  

Free trade, regular order,  universal health insurance coverage and cost containment via somrthing like Wyden-Bennett, deficit reduction, containment of the national debt reduction of military headcount and new WPA and CCC to give those willing to work a job guarantee and hands-on training for today's market. Want more?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Are you suggesting there was some life lesson I was supposed to take away from the results of the election? Okay, let me reflect on what you're saying...

Okay, done. Got it... I get what you're saying. You're saying that the single most influential voting block in the electorate is petty enough to vote to re-elect the worst president in US history -- who has consistently stoked the flames of bigotry at every opportunity, mind you -- if they are led to believe that liberals by and large still think they are bigots (just like last time). And you're taunting me as if they'll vote elect him again if I don't learn to treat them with more respect.

Do you see how that makes you come across as a moron?

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

Free trade, regular order,  universal health insurance coverage and cost containment via Wyden-Bennett, deficit reduction, containment of the national debt reduction of military headcount and new WPA and CCC to give those willing to work a jobs guarantee. Want more?

Ding ding ding, this is the winner. Early midterm polling states that yet again, healthcare will be foremost on people's minds. GR's ignoring the biggest issue. 

source: 

45 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

The sad thing is Democrats don’t have a simple bold unifying message to make people want to change what they already have.

There’s so much the democrats now have to choose from:

Free Trade

Health Care Reform 

Democracy Promotion 

Human Rights

Women’s Reproductive Rights

Wage Reform

Education

Climate Science 

Immigration Reform

Criminal Justice Reform

Fuck Russia

Marijuana decriminalization 

Gun Policy Legislation 

Investing in small business 

The real question is what the hell do the republicans stand for other than fuck dems?

42 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Also, I can't believe y'all aren't discussing this: 

This is gonna piss off the Germans. 

Third rail for Donald. He's pissing on NATO turf now. He's tried it already and he ended up with minders like Kelly and McMaster, and he's got too much of a mancrush on Mattis to know that he's talking to his old buddies in the Pentagon regularly. Fuck with NATO, and you go down, one way or another. 

51 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Free trade, regular order,  universal health insurance coverage and cost containment via somrthing like Wyden-Bennett, deficit reduction, containment of the national debt reduction of military headcount and new WPA and CCC to give those willing to work a job guarantee and hands-on training for today's market. Want more?

Sorry I should’ve been more clear.  I meant what are Dems going to run on.  From my vague recollection and sporadic posting history over the years, I view you as one of the more independent posters here. I agree with some of your ideas, some I don’t. 

46 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There’s so much the democrats now have to choose from:

Free Trade- I agree with you but not easy sell

Health Care Reform- we’ll see.  Last health care reform promoted by Dems rekt the party  

Democracy Promotion- not sure what this even means  

Human Rights- ok.  Like The Human Fund?

Women’s Reproductive Rights- are these under attack?

Wage Reform- like raising the minimum wage?  

Education- vague platitudes, means nothing  

Climate Science- again. Doesn’t really move needle nationwide  

Immigration Reform- people voted for someone who claimed they would build a wall.  Only reform they want is less illegal immigration  

Criminal Justice Reform- Trump is on it  

Fuck Russia-  🙄🙄🙄

Marijuana decriminalization- this is your magic bullet.  If Trump doesn’t steal it.  Obama left it for the taking.

Gun Policy Legislation- please run on this too  

Investing in small business- typical political jargon 

FIFY

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Sorry I should’ve been more clear.  I meant what are Dems going to run on.  From my vague recollection and sporadic posting history over the years, I view you as one of the more independent posters here. I agree with some of your ideas, some I don’t. 

FIFY

Your approach to this exercise is fundamentally flawed. You're looking at it as if the Democrats are trying to woo conservatives. Let's be clear, people don't up and switch sides in droves so your approach won't matter. The parties usually only appeal to whatever gets their base fired up and ready to vote. GOP don't do anything to appeal to moderates or liberals, and the Democrats shouldn't have that placed upon them either. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait...our ambassador is going to actively support AFD?

Fuck that fucking fuck.

That idiot needs to be moved to another position or fired ASAP. Our policy should remain neutrality. 

13 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Sorry I should’ve been more clear.  I meant what are Dems going to run on.

They aren’t running on a monolithic message because they don’t need to in a midterm election.  They are going to let candidates run with their own messaging in their localized elections and have some autonomy.

Some will be progressives, some will be Doug Jones/Conner Lamb types.

55 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait...our ambassador is going to actively support AFD?

Fuck that fucking fuck.

Of course he is.  Our administration has one goal -- tear it all down.  It's Authoritarianism 101.  (Perhaps more correctly "Authoritarianism for Dummies".)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Your approach to this exercise is fundamentally flawed. You're looking at it as if the Democrats are trying to woo conservatives. Let's be clear, people don't up and switch sides in droves so your approach won't matter. The parties usually only appeal to whatever gets their base fired up and ready to vote. GOP don't do anything to appeal to moderates or liberals, and the Democrats shouldn't have that placed upon them either. 

No, I’m looking at it as, you need some reason to unseat the President or reduce his power via midterms. Just running anti Trump isn’t gonna do it imo.  Economy is running well currently, unemployment keeps dropping for all including minorities, people will keep more of their money via tax cuts, ISIS defeated etc.  These aren’t small things whether you think he deserves credit for them or not. 

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

No, I’m looking at it as, you need some reason to unseat the President or reduce his power via midterms. Just running anti Trump isn’t gonna do it imo.  Economy is running well currently, unemployment keeps dropping for all including minorities, people will keep more of their money via tax cuts, ISIS defeated etc.  These aren’t small things whether you think he deserves credit for them or not. 

You're full of shit and you have a very limited understanding of how this country works and what is actually happening in the world. The perfect GOP voter.

• Haha 1

So here's an interesting exercise.  I had an acquaintance ask me "so give me examples of Trump's bad morals as of January 2017", which presumably means PRIOR to that date, because she touted "3 marriages?" as a starter.

Off the top of my head, if I am forced to reduce his behavior to what a fundamentalist Christian might call "bad morals", I'd start with:

-- sexual predator

-- serial philanderer

-- bully

-- liar

-- doesn't pay his bills (what would this be in terms of "immorality"?)

I'm looking for the top 3 so as to not overwhelm her.  What am I missing?

My biggest problem with the democrats is they’re pussies.  They should be campaigning on Impeachment and calling out the Republicans for the fucking cowards they are. 

But noooo... wouldn’t want to galvanize the Trumpublicans because politics.

Bitches.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Yeah and I provided that reason to you, it's likely going to be healthcare. You're cherry picking the good, but ignoring that this country remains hyper partisan. People still very much hate Trump, and this country turns on anyone in power very quickly. The Dems may or may not be making anti-Trump their biggest message. We'd need to wait for more polling after primaries are done before making that statement. Either way, the GOP overnight became anti-Obama and anti-healthcare and won big every step of the way. Like I said, you're looking at this whole thing from a conservative viewpoint. 

28 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

You're full of shit and you have a very limited understanding of how this country works and what is actually happening in the world. The perfect GOP voter.

Damn. You’ve got me pegged.  

Look on the bright side, we all lived through some of the greatest years in US history.  It had to end sometime...perhaps, Trump is the best thing that could have happened,  Maybe driving off a cliff IS better than dying a slow death. 

It will be interesting to see what China, India, and Russia do with the world now that the US is becoming irrelevant on the global stage. 

America 2018. He never gained access.

Senator Jeff Merkley @SenJeffMerkley  25m25 minutes ago

I was barred entry. Asked repeatedly to speak to a supervisor—he finally came out and said he can’t tell us anything. Police were called on us.

Children should never be ripped from their families & held in secretive detention centers. RT if you agree this is WRONG.

Edited by retread

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

It’s true.  

Climate change-ok 

pro gun control- mmmhmm

What about health care. Now that Republicans have neutered O'Care's funding mechanism in order to pay for tax cuts, they have said virtually nothing about Trump's promise to quickly cover everybody and to do it cheaply. People are losing the little lifeline they had. Dems have to club Republicans over the head with this early and often.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My biggest problem with the democrats is they’re pussies.  They should be campaigning on Impeachment and calling out the Republicans for the fucking cowards they are. 

But noooo... wouldn’t want to galvanize the Trumpublicans because politics.

Bitches.

You're making me invoke 'both sides' as both the democrats and republicans are looking to Mueller to handle Trump so they don't have to, thus 'both sides' are pussies.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Satchel said:

What about health care. Now that Republicans have neutered O'Care's funding mechanism in order to pay for tax cuts, they have said virtually nothing about Trump's promise to quickly cover everybody and to do it cheaply. People are losing the little lifeline they had. Dems have to club Republicans over the head with this early and often.

I think next year's healthcare premiums are set to be announced right before the election :popcorn::

• Like 2

What is really sad is we are at a turning point and there is no going back, from now on you will need to be trump like to get nominated and is all going down hill. All the stuff he is doing is becoming normal and will be used later that will just be worse.