2-time national champion, collegiate debate

Top 4 in world, collegiate debate

HS Valedectorian

Clerked for Chief Justice William Rehnquist

Associate AG, Department of Justice

Solicitor General, Texas

9 appearances before SCOTUS

US Senator

Can't really answer a question about the constitutionality of a Presidential self-pardon.

See this is what really brings it home how shitty of a person he is - he's super duper smart. He knows better.

Is a legal analysis even necessary?  Even if by some interpretation the language of the law allowed for a president to pardon himself for treason, no democratic country would ever let it happen.  There are a lot of worthless idiot trumpsters out there, but there's no fucking way he would get away with pardoning himself for treason.

When I saw the Eagles headline I thought, fine, fuck the eagles.  Regarded rationale, but I'm on board with telling them to fuck off for any reason.  Then I see he's still gonna have a celebration, just not invite the players who actually won the fucking thing.  This fucking guy is the stupidest mother fucker I've ever seen.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Is a legal analysis even necessary?  Even if by some interpretation the language of the law allowed for a president to pardon himself for treason, no democratic country would ever let it happen.  There are a lot of worthless idiot trumpsters out there, but there's no fucking way he would get away with pardoning himself for treason.

Reason #3428 that Trump needs to GTFO:  Anyone who considers the office of the President above the law is unfit to hold the office of the President.

• Like 4

Trump can’t pardon his shitheel brood or criminal associates out of Rikers, much less himself. He may be able to personally skate for a while until he’s no longer the president but won’t afterward and everyone else meanwhile get’s to go to jail while he continues to try to fuck up US interests as the “president traitor” that he no doubt is. Never forget that. He will harm the US greatly but not irreparably. 

He’s at the narcissistic desperation point where he’s trying to destroy the US because he knows its getting ready to and about to destroy him. Fuck him. I realize people like Brisket are super negative about the situation but trump will fucking lose, and I can’t wait to watch it happen. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If we were a democratic country, the guy with 3 million fewer votes than his opponent wouldn't be president in the first place. 

Trump and his Lionel Hutz team of lawyers are lashing out because of desperation.

They can’t stop what is coming and they know it’s awful. 

They are making these crazy assertions and statements because they’re not on solid ground of legal strength.

They are in a position of weakness.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump and his Lionel Hutz team of lawyers are lashing out because of desperation.

They can’t stop what is coming and they know it’s awful. 

They are making these crazy assertions and statements because they’re not on solid ground of legal strength.

They are in a position of weakness.

The guy has been losing his entire life. Hell he even lost when he won the presidency. He expected to lose and was gonna spend the next four years tweeting about crooked Hillary just like he had spent the last four years tweeting about his least favorite black person. 

And then they guy fucking wins. And tell him what he wins Bob! A federal investigation into his criminal bankrupt enterprise. Whoops. 

18 minutes ago, RPM said:

Hopefully Mueller is carefully putting together a list of state charges. Prez can't pardon state charges.

Should we really care about the pardons?

Shouldn’t getting to the truth and exposing the facts be enough?  If Don Jr and Kushner get indicted for conspiracy to defraud the United States with a descriptive telling of how they did it, wouldn’t that be somewhat justice in it’s own way?  They will have to live with that shit, pardon or no pardon the rest of their life.

I’ve always had the feeling this whole thing will end like the OJ Simpson story.  Most everyone will know they did it but they will escape prison time. Nevertheless, their lives will be completely ruined.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Bill Clinton was 100% correct the other day in saying that if Trump were a Democrat, impeachment proceedings would have long been underway. 

We’ll never know, but I’m gonna have to disagree on this one.  These are all politicians who crave power above all else. They don’t just give that away.  They’d flip flop on this just as fast as they do deficit spending, executive powers, or anything else. 

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Should we really care about the pardons?

Shouldn’t getting to the truth and exposing the facts be enough.

I want to see some FPMITAP time if convicted. Otherwise, it's like a dirty cop getting paid administrative leave.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If Don Jr and Kushner get indicted for conspiracy to defraud the United States with a descriptive telling of how they did it, wouldn’t that be somewhat justice in it’s own way?  They will have to live with that shit, pardon or no pardon the rest of their life.

Do you think that will bother their conscience? I don't.

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’ve always had the feeling this whole thing will end like the OJ Simpson story.  Most everyone will know they did it but they will escape prison time. Nevertheless, they’re lives will be completely ruined.

They won't have ruined lives with Trump properties in Moscow, Beijing, Qatar, Jerusalem, etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

We’ll never know, but I’m gonna have to disagree on this one.  These are all politicians who crave power above all else. They don’t just give that away.  They’d flip flop on this just as fast as they do deficit spending, executive powers, or anything else. 

Wait.  LOL.  Are you saying if Trump was a Democrat, the Republican congress wouldn't impeach?  I'm being dead serious when I say that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read in the CR.  Think about that.  Yeah. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, what's wrong with making bacon in a skillet?

Not going to show the video of Cruz bragging about heating bacon with his machine gun but you get the jist.  Yeah, it's a whole lot of stupid.  

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Wait.  LOL.  Are you saying if Trump was a Democrat, the Republican congress wouldn't impeach?  I'm being dead serious when I say that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read in the CR.  Think about that.  Yeah. 

but he's not a Trumplican, just plays one on the boards.  Reminds me of a cross between a few older posters....hmmm...

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Holy shit.  Are you ACTUALLY this stupid?

19 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Your post makes no sense. How does this have anything to do with the notion that the Republican Congress would be going after Trump if he were a Dem? 

18 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait I guess I misread it.  I thought he meant Dems would’ve impeached their own party’s President, not Republicans impeaching D Pres.  

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My guess is at this point, he's got nothing so it's just a troll job...or a flat out liar because history has already shown us multiple times contrary to what he's touting.